Are You Going To Tell Your Children About Santa? ((spoilers))

Theodorre

The Fail Chipmunk
Reaction score
i could make a fucking thread on how people like to eat eggs and there would be an argument about why eating them sunny-side-up is the work of the antichrist and why i should be eating them scrambled

edit: fuck why is this my 1000th post

But the thread is called "are you gonna tell your kids about Santa" so there are gonna be some uh...differences of opinion, to sum this thread up nicely.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
literally santa and jesus do not conflict at all why does it come in this thread every other post
santa delivers presents and has christian roots in Saint Nixchoals or whatever
jesus died for u sins and preached shit that some people read in a book
??? there is no conflict really
I doubt this would ever actually apply to this thread, but I think IRL it's idolatry that is a big component of the argument. They see it as worshipping Santa, which is a big nono.
Don't argue with me on this k, I want no part of your theological ethics or your views on religion.

Also Christian Roots?
Santa Clause was invented by a department store. Capitalist Roots.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
I doubt this would ever actually apply to this thread, but I think IRL it's idolatry that is a big component of the argument. They see it as worshipping Santa, which is a big nono.
Don't argue with me on this k, I want no part of your theological ethics or your views on religion.

Also Christian Roots?
Santa Clause was invented by a department store. Capitalist Roots.
literally when did I argue with you
I know a metric fuck ton of catholic church teaching and ideology because I'm forced to take a catholic theology class every year, its not my views on religion that are affecting anything in this conversation - I was just trying to figure out why jesus was always popping up in this thread about santa

parquette

Reaction score
Answer to Cheatyface: I'm not saying we have to stop putting gifts under the tree, because giving as we all know is the point of Christmas. We all end up at a point in our lives where we realize some things aren't what we thought they where. I will have to agree with some people on here, we should probably not discuss this thread subject. There are a few people on here (even if they signed up on here and are not quite 13 years old) that probably believe in Santa Claus, and we shouldn't ruin that belief for them. Especially right after Christmas, this thread just didn't come at the right time.

Last edited:

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
people say they think it's good that children believe in Santa because it's using their imagination, it isn't really using the kids' imagination because they aren't imagining it themselves, it's something they're told about and its presented as fact. To them it's as real as anything else.
Not really, Theo. That's not just what imagination is.

Imagination isn't just your mind coming up with something completely new. Let me put it this way, parents can tell their child about Santa. But THAT child will then use his/her imagination to comprehend everything. He/She will began thinking about it, creating this fantasy world inside his head. That's using their imagination. Whether it's something someone else told them about or something they came up with by themselves. Either way, they are still using it. Imagination can also be expressed through stories such as fairytales or fantasies.

It's like this old Nickelodeon Show called "Rugrats". The show is all about kid's imagination. I remember this episode where the main character's parents (Tommy) told him that Santa will be coming soon. By just that statement, Tommy gathered his friends and began talking about it. Wondering how Santa was going to make it's way to their house. What will he do if he sees them. How will he actually look like, if he's like everyone picutred him or not. Etc.
That's what I'm trying to say. Kids will always use their imagination. It's inevitable.

Well, not sure if I'm Off-Topic now. This was just a quick parenthesis!

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com
i could make a fucking thread on how people like to eat eggs and there would be an argument about why eating them sunny-side-up is the work of the antichrist and why i should be eating them scrambled

edit: fuck why is this my 1000th post

edit2:
my life is over
you fucking nerd

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Ofcourse I will. (Well the dutch version which is celebrated on 5th of december anyways, which is 20 times more believable since he doesnt fly around on reindeer but instead rides his horse from roof to roof)

Ill tell them because its a holiday. Which childs love since they get presents and adults love since families come together. Its all about the holiday spirit. Kids love believing in santa so I dont see why anyone wouldnt tell their kids. Its the best holiday of the year.

spooky skelenton

spooky scary skelenton
Reaction score
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▐
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–„β–„β–‘β–‘β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–„
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–β–€β–ˆβ–€β–Œβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–ˆβ–„
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–β–ˆβ–„β–ˆβ–Œβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–ˆβ–„
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–„β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–€β–€
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–„β–„β–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–€β–€β–€
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–€β–„β–„β–„β–ˆβ–‘β–€β–€
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–Œβ–‘β–„β–„β–„β–β–Œβ–€β–€β–€
β–„β–‘β–β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–„β–‘β–ˆβ–‘β–€β–€you have been spooked
β–€β–ˆβ–Œβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–‘β–€β–ˆβ–€β–‘β–€
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–„β–„β–β–Œβ–„β–„
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–€β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–€β–ˆβ–‘β–„
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–β–Œβ–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–β–„
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–β–€β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–β–Œby the spooky skelenton
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆ
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–β–Œβ–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–ˆ

wassup santa

Santa Claus

Reaction score
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▐

wassup santa
Ahh, hello my old friend the spooky skelenton.
How come nobody questions your existence?

spooky skelenton

spooky scary skelenton
Reaction score
Ahh, hello my old friend the spooky skelenton.
How come nobody questions your existence?
My existence is completely real. HOW DARE YOU CONTEST THE SPOOKY SKELENTON
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▐

• Thank You
Reactions: Notme

Jubjubers

Best BuildBox Guy 2011 - 2013
Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
Answer to Cheatyface: I'm not saying we have to stop putting gifts under the tree, because giving as we all know is the point of Christmas. We all end up at a point in our lives where we realize some things aren't what we thought they where. I will have to agree with some people on here, we should probably not discuss this thread subject. There are a few people on here (even if they signed up on here and are not quite 13 years old) that probably believe in Santa Claus, and we shouldn't ruin that belief for them. Especially right after Christmas, this thread just didn't come at the right time.
Do you go to a school where there are many 13 year-olds who still believe in Santa? I always assumed the average age was 9-10.

I don't think it's a bad thing for kids to believe in the myth of someone who'd make people happy if they're behaving, imagination is a normal part of development, and helps develop creative minds.
It's a real story, it's a real value and it's something that inspires children, that's the spirit of Christmas, though today's consumer culture may have drifted from that spirit a bit.
I don't think we could necessarily say it's an outright good thing, but I would certainly say it's not harmful.

But, of course, there would need to be a limit, no? Kids would also try to figure it out for themselves, when they start to notice that the story doesn't quite add up. For instance, they might stay up late trying to catch Santa delivering presents. Questioning what's real and what's not is a normal part of mental development and really shouldn't be hindered by muh feelz.

Reactions: Hunter