• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com
(Keep in mind that the following is based on crude knowledge, I don't play most of these servers)
Here's a list of servers that are up right now:
Rituals of Fire - Minecraft
Army of Darkness - Minecraft
Create - Minecraft

Servers that are being worked on:
Kami's Realm - Minecraft

Servers that seem to be down:
CS:GO: Jailbreak
GMod: TTT (I actually think people just don't go on)
Starbound (I believe this was put up at some point?)

This leads to the all-imperative question: Are we still a gaming community?

When we renewed ourselves in March of this year, we did so with the intent of shifting our focus away from Minecraft, and towards other games.
Now, half a year later, we are no longer a gaming community. The only servers being upkept are in Minecraft and Teamspeak (With possible exception to TTT, though I don't think there's much activity there). So, the question must be asked once again: Whats next for us?
The way I see it, there are two possible options:

1. Pretend this never happened- We could very easily admit that we are, again, a Minecraft community, and embrace that- possibly even change our name back to Blocktopia

2. Try some new games- I feel like there are plenty of games that could be explored that we haven't yet, specifically Terraria.

I personally think the first one is better. If we can't sustain non-minecraft servers, why try?

Last edited:
Reactions: Naoh and Notme

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score
Well it's CSGO:Jailebreak and GMOD:TTT - two servers, not four like you said.
So what's happening to these, Nillbugwtw Psycho ?
And Starbound? That and the former of the servers you mentioned will likely be archived in the near future, the latter (TTT) is slated to have some revival work done on it soon as well.

In a general response to the thread, and as a followup to this thread, there will be some event servers rolling out as soon as this coming weekend, dabbling in new ideas both within and outside of Minecraft. Stay tuned!

• Thank You
Reactions: Notme and Fragile

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com
ITT: People who think no servers = no community

I know what a community is.
Our community won't be sustained very long if we don't have any servers left. We had about 4 or so people leave just from AoD being down. Our common interest is based around our servers, and without them, I think we would die, fast. This isn't even related to the thread, though.

The thread is about whether we're a Minecraft or a Gaming community, not if we're a community.

Doxxieh

Reaction score
(Keep in mind that the following is based on crude knowledge, I don't play most of these servers)
Here's a list of servers that are up right now:
Rituals of Fire - Minecraft
Army of Darkness - Minecraft
Create - Minecraft

Servers that are being worked on:
Kami's Realm - Minecraft

Servers that seem to be down:
CS:GO: Jailbreak
GMod: TTT (I actually think people just don't go on)
Starbound (I believe this was put up at some point?)

This leads to the all-imperative question: Are we still a gaming community?

When we renewed ourselves in March of this year, we did so with the intent of shifting our focus away from Minecraft, and towards other games.
Now, half a year later, we are no longer a gaming community. The only servers being upkept are in Minecraft and Teamspeak (With possible exception to TTT, though I don't think there's much activity there). So, the question must be asked once again: Whats next for us?
The way I see it, there are two possible options:

1. Pretend this never happened- We could very easily admit that we are, again, a Minecraft community, and embrace that- possibly even change our name back to Blocktopia

2. Try some new games- I feel like there are plenty of games that could be explored that we haven't yet, specifically Terraria.

I personally think the first one is better. If we can't sustain non-minecraft servers, why try?
I feel like this was a well disguised "pls go back to blocktopia"

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com
Hnn it wasn't really very disguised, now was it?
It was less of a "plz go bak 2 bloxtpoya i lik bloxtopya" and more of a "Lets be honest here." I would be disappointed if I thought I was joining a gaming community with servers and it was just a bunch of trolls playing LoL who think they're much funnier than they are (Which, as it seems, is exactly what this community would come to if we removed our servers) not saying that every League player is like that by the way, just quite a few of them...

• Agree
Reactions: Timdood3

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Hnn it wasn't really very disguised, now was it?
It was less of a "plz go bak 2 bloxtpoya i lik bloxtopya" and more of a "Lets be honest here." I would be disappointed if I thought I was joining a gaming community with servers and it was just a bunch of trolls playing LoL who think they're much funnier than they are (Which, as it seems, is exactly what this community would come to if we removed our servers) not saying that every League player is like that by the way, just quite a few of them...
we r all supremely funny u just cant appreciate our scathing wit :)

Reactions: Jivvi

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Problem with the league group here is not that they are immature, it's more that they don't give a fuck.
They care about league and their friend group, the community itself means very little to them. That's why they troll the forums and be a dick without caring (also for the lulz between eachother).

Anyone defending that group is pretty much out of his mind. I am one of the better league players in ER myself and I don't want to have anything to do with them because many are quite toxic. I am all for more forum moderating towards general dickery.

paceboys

Reaction score
Problem with the league group here is not that they are immature, it's more that they don't give a fuck.
They care about league and their friend group, the community itself means very little to them. That's why they troll the forums and be a dick without caring (also for the lulz between eachother).

Anyone defending that group is pretty much out of his mind. I am one of the better league players in ER myself and I don't want to have anything to do with them because many are quite toxic. I am all for more forum moderating towards general dickery.
ill 1v1 u ap twitch and win
I don't see as many 10-year-old pre-pubescent Minecraft players here as I do stereotypical League players.
you don't have any clue whatsoever about what a stereotypical league of legends player is like if you think we fit that definition. stop believing everything you read on tumblr
edit: and by we i mean most of us, maybe rosekill is the closest but no one actually fits the description

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Nottykitten

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com
digi i do not think you understand, we are the TRASH of this community gg
For christs sake. I don't mind league players as a whole, there are some really good and nice players. The problem is that people from that one game, League, are being to most consistently toxic to the community. I don't think we've had a severely toxic MC player since jub, and IIRC he played League too.

Oi!! Knock it off! You don't go from discussing issues with the community to personal attacks.
I don't know if this was directed at me, but either way I am fairly guilty of this too. Sorry!

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score

Nottykitten I'd like your opinion since you publicly supported us against Angel and now agree with Vatumok as if the shit talker himself is going to lay down the truth
------
Anyways, what a ridiculous notion. This community has hosted us (as Minecraft players and later as League players) for literally years and I'm sure that for that almost all of us have some level of gratitude. The League players are not necessarily a hive mind, but the general sentiment is that this community should become one that focuses on general gaming. As very ancient members of the playerbase we've seen the rise and fall of Minecraft, and this is not to say we are better, but that we have a contextual advantage to our argument, enough to make a thread about "OMG BLOCKTOPIA IS DYING"
10-year-old pre-pubescent Minecraft players
seem so ridiculous that all we can offer are dank memes. The idea that Minecraft is sustainable is a running joke, which is what makes all these threads running jokes. We want the community to thrive in some form, or are indifferent (neither are harmful), but recognize that the current direction is being led by people that aren't making very clear statements and are driving it farther in the hole (not referring to admins in this case). So no, defending the League group is not being out of your mind. I think even more common is someone attacking the League group before we even do anything, which is even funnier that you get even more shitposts.
---
Also, "one of the best League players?" please :^)

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
I wasn't going to reply here, but I think its got a bit out of hand. Quite frankly, its turning into a "League vs Minecraft" thread. You are all part of the same community, so you better learn to get along. The community will host minecraft servers as long as we still have a playerbase (which we still do). Nobody minds branching out to support other games, though the main struggle with it is finding the players who have bought the game and want to play it with friends.

As Digitalmez said, we do not tolerate personal insults. If you want to debate games, go ahead, but stop insulting other players for the view they have.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Jayfeather

For you I'll make an exception, it IS the immaturity.
Seriously, if you want to behave like a dick most of the time then at least own it up. Don't go all crying and acting like an angel when you get called out on your bullshit. Stop pulling a Jub and take responsibility for your actions.

After this I won't bite anymore, say whatever you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.