[April Fool] Regarding economic rework

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
With the upcoming resignation of one of our Directors, and the mind that shaped Journey to Elysium in itself, the server will go under unfavorable but necessary changes. This Director is Marnixxie and it will be a big hit for the server.

With this, the current head staff and I have come to a decision to reset all emeralds in the Elysium world. There are many reasons for this; the economy didn’t turn out how we wanted, inflation bounced all over the place and other various reasons took place. This decision will make many mad, but it is for the betterment of the server. We are currently looking for an effective and no-risk way to get this done, so the reset will not take place yet. It will, however, come up soon and will be a full reset – no exceptions, though PMs may be considered with the right reason.

We’re sorry this has to happen, and it means lots of time and work wasted – but in the end, it will be well worth it and make it one step closer to the best SMP server Blocktopia has seen in its days. Thank you for your cooperation and we hope this will be accepted. It is the right choice, we will tell you this.

FAQ:
Will my emerald blocks around the map that have been placed be reset?
Yes – though they may or may not be replaced with another valuable block, or something of the sort. It all depends on the method we choose to go with and this will be something brought up in discussion.
What will happen if the reset fails?
We have recovery options, and will be considering many methods as to how to do this. It will be a complicated process though we believe it’ll go smoothly.
Why are you doing this, and why is this necessary?
A server will close if a certain aspect fails, or it as a whole does not work out. We are trying to avoid this by making a semi-reset, while keeping the server, the theme and most importantly the economy of the server.
What will happen after it?
We have a plan for a fully reformed economy, which will be integrated with other plugins and aspects of the server. It will be great, and be much stronger and much more enjoyable than the current.

We know this will be tough for many, but please work with us as the server goes through a patch of turbulence. All will be well, just let it happen and put your trust in the head staff.

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
I foresee everyone spending all there emeralds before they get wiped out, because after you posted that super, emeralds became as useful as dirt until the restart. I recommend closing all trades until the restart (including Aristocrat trades) so that doesn't happen.

• Agree
Reactions: hihihilolHI

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm actually happy for this, the only problem I see is that there is little emeralds left in the ground.

Anyways, random question, will emerald ore blocks in chests be whiped?

And can you please tell us right before it happeneds, so we can gather our emeralds and trade them away?

gonkus

Admin
Admin
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Well done everyone, well done. You don't know a Damn thing about economics and this is what has happened. Valuing Emeralds lower than iron was a great idea wasn't it?

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Thank you all, because of the main unknowing that this was actually an april fools joke and a lot spending their emeralds we have reached our goal by reworking the economy a little bit. Everything said is a lie, except that I will resign anytime soon, of course. Pretty much our perfect plan worked, seeing that we posted this 1 april, European/Australian timezone, but the Americans in our community seeing 31 March and most likely believing it! :D

There won't be drastic changes anytime soon in the economy, because a bit of inflation is not an huge issue. Inflation helps you not just to buy some stuff, but emeralds are also used as blocks for your beacon and what not, which we always tried to support. Furthermore, there is no way of balancing our economy, seeing that everyone spends a different amount of time on the server and everyone spends it in their own different way.

Also, I love david's picture, he deserves more kuddos for that, than he has gotten so far! I like how most of you guys appreciated the joke, or even appreciated it as something that could have really happened. If you are one of the persons that drastically spend all their emeralds and might have ruined his/her own balance in the game, just shoot Superstein, Qube and me a message.

Happy april fools day!

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Thank you all, because of the main unknowing that this was actually an april fools joke and a lot spending their emeralds we have reached our goal by reworking the economy a little bit. Everything said is a lie, except that I will resign anytime soon, of course. Pretty much our perfect plan worked, seeing that we posted this 1 april, European/Australian timezone, but the Americans in our community seeing 31 March and most likely believing it! :D

There won't be drastic changes anytime soon in the economy, because a bit of inflation is not an huge issue. Inflation helps you not just to buy some stuff, but emeralds are also used as blocks for your beacon and what not, which we always tried to support. Furthermore, there is no way of balancing our economy, seeing that everyone spends a different amount of time on the server and everyone spends it in their own different way.

Also, I love david's picture, he deserves more kuddos for that, than he has gotten so far! I like how most of you guys appreciated the joke, or even appreciated it as something that could have really happened. If you are one of the persons that drastically spend all their emeralds and might have ruined his/her own balance in the game, just shoot Superstein, Qube and me a message.

Happy april fools day!
I hoped you resigning would be the joke =C.
But good thing our emeralds will stay =D