Declined [Application] LuigiHarrisMario 2.0

Reaction score
Here is my take 2 on becoming Admin!

What is your steam username/ID (use http://steamidfinder.com/)?:
STEAM_0:0:73434811

What timezone are you in?:
(UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlijn, Bern, Rome, Stockholm, Wenen

Do you have any previous staffing experience? If so, what?:
I was staff on several servers and i even tried to make my own servers which had players in it. I took care of the reports and helped people out with problems.

How often are you able to play on the server?:
Alot.

Why do you want to be a TTT moderator?:
I really want to do the reports and make the server fun for everyone!

What do you believe the responsibilities of being a TTT moderator are?:
Taking care of the server, making people happy and deal with report's

What qualities do you have that make you suitable for being a TTT moderator?
I have been on the server for 100+ hours and learned alot from the others. I just want to deal with the reports and make everyone happy.

What would you say your biggest strength and weakness are?:
Weakness:
* Acting childish in the evening
* Sad players
* Angry players

Strength:
* Happy players
* Dealing with reports
* Having fun in the server

Do you have anything else you would like to say?:
* 100 hours on server.
* I have become friend's with many people!
* I made my friend get Gmod and play TTT and he does not want me to be a Mod
* Maybe record for Youtube.

Last edited:
Reactions: Notme

fly

Reaction score
I think you'd make a good moderator, Harris, but I also think you could put more work into your application. You haven't added much information on a lot of the questions, e.g. "What do you believe the responsibilities of being a TTT moderator are?". As well as that, how are you suited to be a moderator? You haven't expanded on that.
In my personal opinion, I'd like to see what happens with the two current trial staff before we allow others to become trial staff or you'll all be fighting over reports and issues on the server and chaos may erupt or admins may not see as much work done by others.
However, I do believe you deserve a chance, but not until you make more of an effort to put detail into the application, so for now, I'm giving you a [BCOLOR=#ff9900]0[/BCOLOR], leaning more towards a [BCOLOR=#ba4141]-1[/BCOLOR].

Reaction score
I think you'd make a good moderator, Harris, but I also think you could put more work into your application. You haven't added much information on a lot of the questions, e.g. "What do you believe the responsibilities of being a TTT moderator are?". As well as that, how are you suited to be a moderator? You haven't expanded on that.
In my personal opinion, I'd like to see what happens with the two current trial staff before we allow others to become trial staff or you'll all be fighting over reports and issues on the server and chaos may erupt or admins may not see as much work done by others.
However, I do believe you deserve a chance, but not until you make more of an effort to put detail into the application, so for now, I'm giving you a [BCOLOR=#ff9900]0[/BCOLOR], leaning more towards a [BCOLOR=#ba4141]-1[/BCOLOR].
And now?

fly

Reaction score
You've added more detail, but your answers are still rather brief. There's a lot of things a moderator is responsible for and qualities that are important. Having a lot of time on the server and wanting to deal with reports aren't really special qualities, all admins have lots of time on the server and want to deal with reports. I would like to know what would stand out about you to make you a good admin?

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Urrrrrrgh sadly I feel inclined to give my first -1 rating.
You're a nice guy and a frequest player on our server, but I don't really see you as an escaperestart mod... it's hard to put it into words and I'm bad at describing things lmao, maybe "maturity", idk. But yeah, sorry bud.

Pika Pika

Reaction score
When i first saw this app, i was thinking a [BCOLOR=#000000]0 [BCOLOR=#ffffff], However i then read through it and despite the being two trial staff already, I've seen you on the server and you always seem like a nice guy when i play, so for that reason, [BCOLOR=#000000]+1[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

MacTarvish

Reaction score
Hey, Luigi. Thanks for applying.

I see that you do have the heart to help, and you are extremely friendly. There is potential but right now I don't think you're ready.

After reviewing your first application and comparing it to this one, I see very little change. Some of the things you added I don't quite understand either.
For example:
What would you say your biggest strength and weakness are?:
Weakness:
* Acting childish in the evening
* Sad players
* Angry players

Strength:
* Happy players
* Dealing with reports
* Having fun in the server
What exactly do you mean by "angry players" and "sad players?" Is it hard for you to deal with them?
Adding detail to your application makes a world of difference. Not just saying "I'm good at this" but rather "I'm good at this BECAUSE" We need to see you answer "WHY" or "HOW" you would be able to do these things. WHY this is your weakness? WHY this is your strength? HOW will you make people happy? These are the finer details that will set you apart.

The application itself is lacking substance, this is your opportunity to write something about yourself that will make you standout. You may have the heart but I think you lack the idea of what it means to be a mod. Don't forget, we are players too.

Again, you're a great guy, Luigi. There is potential but you need time to grow a bit more. It's a -1 from me.

Reaction score
Hey, Luigi. Thanks for applying.

I see that you do have the heart to help, and you are extremely friendly. There is potential but right now I don't think you're ready.

After reviewing your first application and comparing it to this one, I see very little change. Some of the things you added I don't quite understand either.
For example:

What exactly do you mean by "angry players" and "sad players?" Is it hard for you to deal with them?
Adding detail to your application makes a world of difference. Not just saying "I'm good at this" but rather "I'm good at this BECAUSE" We need to see you answer "WHY" or "HOW" you would be able to do these things. WHY this is your weakness? WHY this is your strength? HOW will you make people happy? These are the finer details that will set you apart.

The application itself is lacking substance, this is your opportunity to write something about yourself that will make you standout. You may have the heart but I think you lack the idea of what it means to be a mod. Don't forget, we are players too.

Again, you're a great guy, Luigi. There is potential but you need time to grow a bit more. It's a -1 from me.
Thank you for pointing that out.
I first want to see what the problems are in my application before i change it.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hey Luigi, thanks for applying.

So as you can see, unfortunately the scores you've received aren't great. However, I for one am very pleased to see that you've been keen to improve on what the others have told you; it shows you genuinely care about being a TTT staff member and you're willing to listen to feedback and respond to it. That being said, as Mac said, from this we can see you have the heart to be a moderator but we need to see more detail in your application to know for sure you have a full grasp of what being a moderator is and why your personality will make you suitable before we let you loose on the server with the commands a Trial Mod gets. So unfortunately, and I'm sure you saw this coming, this application is denied for now.

However, don't let this stop you from re-applying. We've all said you have potential to be a moderator - you've received a +1 after all - and you just need to take some time to make an application that shows truthfully your understanding of what being a staff member is and why you'd be a good one. Maybe look at some old applications that were accepted to get an idea for what is expected. To give a specific example for you, the question "What qualities do you have that make you suitable for being a TTT moderator?" is asking what is there about you that would make you successful at being staff. Being active and wanting to make people happy is pretty general; try to think of traits of your personality. Are you logical? Are you warm and approachable? Are you strict? Mature? Able to see everyone's perspective? Etc. We want to get to know you through this application, and whilst what you have right now is a good start, it still needs more texture to it for us to be able to get the full picture of how you see moderating and why you should be given a shot at a trial.

You're a great, popular guy Luigi, but this application just doesn't quite make the mark. I urge you to re-apply in the future though. Maturity is something Aqua mentioned; maybe take some time to reflect and work on that, too, if you agree with him. Simply writing in full sentences rather than bullet points is a good step toward coming across maturely with your application.

Application denied. Feel free to reapply in 2 weeks time after you've reflected on some of the points mentioned.