AoD: The Legend of the Dark Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
The time is coming for.....

The LOTDH 2,000 View Map Extravaganza!
I will be gathering a small team to make an AoD map based on a scene in the story.
This time, the map will be:
The Sacred Grove
To apply for the team, just comment below and I will most likely enter you in the team!
We are looking for great builders who are active on BuildBox so we can always be working on the map!
(And for all those who are still waiting on last extravaganza's map, Gardenvale, we are still in the process
of making it. It has turned out to be harder than we thought, but we will have it out in time.)

Reactions: Danni122112

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Adding a new part to the Extravaganza! The second part of the celebration is...

The LOTDH Writing Contest!
How it works: Write me any sort of chapter or chapter portion that YOU created about what you think will happen in the next chapter! Just PM me the final product!
Winner gets: their story posted on the thread and, possibly, in the story!
Good luck!

Reactions: Infected_alien8_

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Sorry this was late, I was away for something. However, the stories are in, and the winner is...

Infected_Alien8!
Thanks to all of the people that entered in the contest! I liked all of your stories! Infected_Alien8 has won for his introduction on his own character. However, I will NOT show his submission until it is time to incorporate it in the real story. I really liked doing this, and I might have unofficial writing contests later. Thanks for reading!

• Thank You
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Sorry this was late, I was away for something. However, the stories are in, and the winner is...

Infected_Alien8!
Thanks to all of the people that entered in the contest! I liked all of your stories! Infected_Alien8 has won for his introduction on his own character. However, I will NOT show his submission until it is time to incorporate it in the real story. I really liked doing this, and I might have unofficial writing contests later. Thanks for reading!
:D :D :D Thanks swim!

Salvationist

Reaction score
This story is really getting good keep up the good work Swimmer i'm really enjoying the story and that the characters in this act like they in minecraft. I hope to see this one day completed with even more Blocktopian minecraft players in this (E.g me!) but anyway keep up the good work!

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Chapter VI: Tuba's Story, Part II

"Sir, you are making your speech in about two minutes."
My speech. So it's finally come. I have been dreaming of the moment I will save the people, and the full gravity of my achievement still hasn't sunk in completely yet - and it's already a day after I did it.
I already know what's going to happen, but I still feel nervous. There will be cheers from the majority of the people. I will start my speech, and about a quarter of the way in, an assassin will jump out of the crowd, still blinded by the old government's corrupted hand. He won't be shot in front of the crowd. That will make the crowd believe that the new leader is just as insane as the last. no, I will sidestep and the assassin will rush into the hands of the guards, who will take him away.
My assistant walks up to me and tells me that it is time to face the crowd. I take a deep breath and begin walking down the long, dimly lit hallway. I stride confidently toward the giant double doors. Two assistants rush to the doors. and slowly open them, the tiny beam of light coming from the crack growing wider and wider until the doors are completely open.
Immediately, my ears are assaulted by the blaring cheers of the crowd. The day is bright and the sky is cloudless, and seeing all the happy faces of the freed residents of former Eastwind City makes me smile. I walk to the middle of the wide stage and motion for the crowd to silence. The crowd slowly dies down, and once they are fully quiet, I tap on the microphone and begin my speech.
"Welcome," I say into the microphone, "to a new dawn for each and every one of you!" The crowd cheers. "Now, I know very well the suffering you good people endured under your previous dictator. But I assure you, I am nothing like that. I am not even a dictator!
"I will be the president of this new city, and as president, I will establish a firm and open democracy. You people have been beaten and malnourished under the previous ruler. I was just like one of you, a few hours ago. And I saw these innocent people being treated unfairly, a few hours ago. And I said, 'no more,' a few hours ago. And a few hours ago, I became the mere hand of the hammer of the people. And now, a new day has come, and we are free!" The crowd goes wild, except for one man who dashes to the front of the stage and hops on, a knife glistening in his hand. He charges wildly toward me, and when he is a few inches away, he finds me right next to him as he is running into the arms of my guards. The crowd hushes, some gasping.
"Here," I say to the crowd, "is an example of a poor individual blinded by your old ruler. He has not been through what we have." Some of the people look away, and some cover their ears, trying not to witness this man being publicly executed.
"And like you are all expecting now, the old ruler publicly executed people who opposed him. But not me. This man will be talked to, and when he sees the truth, he will be a happy, free man, just like all of you." I smile. "Now, back to this new opportunity. You may have noticed that when you were freed, flags came down with a symbol burning on them. That is the symbol of this new city, which will now be named Woodfire City!" Once again, the crowd claps and cheers. "You must be thinking, 'what a peculiar name!' Well, I assure you, this name was picked with care. The wood represents the toughness of the people of this city, and how even when they are chopped down, they will rise again as a beautiful work of art. The fire represents the undying determination to achieve freedom and happiness, as well as the undying heart and soul of the people. So welcome, and I hope you enjoy your life in our new city!" The crowd's cheers and applause is so loud, it almost deafens me.
I stroll back towards the doors and hear them close behind me.

-•-LOTDH-•-
I sit on my throne. It's now been 10 days after I freed the city. I beckon for my servant to come to my side.​
"What do the reports say?" I ask him.​
"Seven more people have gone missing, sir, and over twenty have reported strange noises at night and one has reported seeing a mysterious column of smoke pass by with no fire under it."​
I rub my forehead. This situation has become even worse. "Ok. I just need some time to think this through. Could you give me some privacy for just a few moments?"
"Absolutely, sir." My servant walks away, his back fading into the darkness of the hallway. I sit there for a while, then decide to get up. Maybe walking around will clear my mind.​
I walk down the hall and into my assistant's room. Oddly, she isn't there. She is always cooked up in her office for one reason or another. I shrug it off and head outside to the streets. Nobody is outside. Not even a trace of life. Now I am scared. I really do not like this.​
Suddenly, out of nowhere, a column of smoke streaks through the sky, followed by another, and another. They are coming from all directions. They creep closer and closer towards me. I back up slowly, terror coursing through my veins. Suddenly, I stop. I hear whispers behind me. Taking a deep, shaky breath, I slowly turn around. I only see the outline of the figure and it's evil pumpkin head before it and all the columns of smoke rush towards me all at once. I scream, feel a blast of unbearable pain, and everything goes black.​
To be continued in the future books.
End Chapter VI

Reactions: Danni122112

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Well, here we are at the end of Book II. And what better way to end it with the introduction of a new character, written by writing contest winner Infected_Alien8?

Book II Finale: The Lone Warrior

"Coldness. Loneliness. That's all I have ever known. The deep blue sky hanging over me, like an unwelcoming blanket. The cold, thick air whispering around me like a ghost.

They think that all of this has only just started. They think that the creatures have only just risen.

They're wrong.

All of my life I have been out here. Alone. Cold. Fighting, not just for my life, but for the world's itself. And the sad thing is, nobody knows. Nobody cares. It's like in a play; the audience always appreciate the actors who perform, but they never give one single thought about the people backstage. The people who keep everything running, who keep everything working. That's me. Just a backstage man.

I always wanted to be an actor. I wanted the world to know my name. I wanted to leave a mark on the world.

The only mark I've left so far is blood.

I never thought I would be the person I am today. The shadow. The ghost. I never thought i'd be a murderer.

I have no family, no friends, no life. I wonder around in the forgotten lands, fending off the darkness that lurks and tries to invade.

My name is Infected_alien8. I am the lone warrior.

How did I get my name? I'm an alien of course. But the Infected part? My home planet died. It was invaded by a cruel curse. Our people turned into savage beasts, and I got bitten by one.

I didn't turn, though. I never became one of them. All of those days I wasted in the dry wasteland that used to be my home, wondering - when will I turn? When will I wake up with a thirst for blood and guts? A thirst for darkness and betrayal?

But that day never came.

And obviously, I managed to escape. I found an old spacecraft system that still had some power to it. I took it, and I left. I left my home. I left myself. I betrayed my world.

And so, that's why I'm here. I couldn't be cursed with darkness. So I got cursed with loneliness and guilt. Coldness. Lost. I'm so lost. I'm so far away from home...

And I still think, what if, one day, I do turn? What if, one day, it happens. Just like that. It's like when I used to perform at my local performing arts center. I'd spend hours trying to learn my lines. I'd read them upside down, i'd read them in a different language, i'd read them out loud, i'd read them in my head. And then, one day, just one ordinary day, it would click. And I would know my lines.

But that day hasn't happened yet. And until it does happen, I will do what I do now.

I won't let what happened to my world happen to this one.

And I don't care who you are. I don't care that you aren't the same creatures that invaded my planet. I care that you have the same purpose. And I'm going to stop you."

The hooded figure stops in his words. His dark, wise eyes glare down at the creature with no mercy. He tightens the rope in which the creature is attached to, which is then attached to an old, burnt down tree. The figure raises his arms, revealing a mighty sword. The point is almost as sharp as the figures eyes. The eyes of the creature weaken, it's darkness becoming less powerful. The sword hovers over the deformed, pumpkin like head of the creature.

"Good bye, brother." The figure whispers.

The figure thrusts down the sword.

End Book II

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
The time is coming for.....

The LOTDH 2,000 View Map Extravaganza!
I will be gathering a small team to make an AoD map based on a scene in the story.
This time, the map will be:
The Sacred Grove
To apply for the team, just comment below and I will most likely enter you in the team!
We are looking for great builders who are active on BuildBox so we can always be working on the map!
(And for all those who are still waiting on last extravaganza's map, Gardenvale, we are still in the process
of making it. It has turned out to be harder than we thought, but we will have it out in time.)
Mepls

Salvationist

Reaction score
Keep up the good work S_swimmer this is one of the best zombie stories i have seen on Blocktopia! (actually it's the only Blocktopia zombie story iv seen so if anyone could direct me to more i'd appreciate it)

Ps: how many books are you thinking to do?

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score

I am here to, sadly, announce the closing of this thread.
I will no longer be writing about this story in the forums.

HOWEVER.
I am beginning to write an actual book based on the story I made for this thread. It will include real names and have many different fixes to it so it will apply to an actual book. It will probably not be for a while (probably years) for it to come out, however I will still strive to make it. It's been a fun ride making this on the forums, but now I have to hop onto a different roller coaster. Thanks for reading this series! :D​

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hello @Boardchip
Please refrain from Necroposting in future, which is posting on threads that haven't had any replies to in a month or more. As you can see this thread hasn't recieved any replies for 3 months so please be aware of this in future. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.