AoD: The Legend of the Dark Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I have decided to write a story based on that storyline I told you about in my example story on the Story Thread! This is going to be a long story. Let me just tell you a few things before I get into it. If a chapter is incomplete at any point, it is because I didn't have time to complete it in the day and I will finish it ASAP. This story is fictional but contains characters based on the players of AoD! If you want to be in it, PM me and tell me why I should include you. If you have any ideas, PM me. If you, at any point, want more, please do NOT PM me and do NOT write spammy posts on this thread. You may talk about this story on the thread if you really would like to, but please try to keep posts to a minimum. If I double-post, it's because I really like chapters to be their own posts. I don't know why, but it seems better to me. Just don't ask :3

But enough talk, let's start this!

Army of Darkness: The Legend of the Dark Hunter

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Before I start this, let me answer danni's question. No thank you... I'm fine leaving it here, unless you guys later want to use the storyline for an AoD commercial on YouTube. Idk.

But enough talk, let's start!

Prologue
It has been seven weeks and we have found nothing but corrupted land. Everywhere is just a lifeless, barren land of gray. Night has started to fall. We continue to search for a sign of life, or maybe ancient ruins, or a fossil, or anything. Our research team is empty-handed except for the equipment we brought with us.​
"Guinessis, are you sure that the old man told you to go here?" S_swimmer asks me.​
"Yes, I am sure."​
"You might be reading the map wrong."​
"Are you challenging my directional skill as a Walrus Lord?" I bellow at him. S_swimmer shrinks away.​
"No, no, not at all, sir. I was just wondering-" he starts, but then stops. I look behind me to see what caused him to stop and find him falling facefirst into the gray sand. He spits some out of his mouth. "Gah! I tripped on a rock."​
Ciu22 is hunched over, examining something next to him. "Um, S_swimmer? You didn't trip on a rock." We all rush over to him and see a gold-striped stone triangle poking out of the ground. I get excited and take out my equipment and begin digging out more stone. Everybody does the same. We continue this for hours, not noticing that the sun even came up. We didn't notice that it set again. We worked constantly without stopping for food or water. After a full day passes, we uncover the whole thing. I stand back and behold a sinister-looking ancient pyramid. S_swimmer begins eagerly snapping pictures of it.​
"Come on," I say. "Let's go take these pictures back." But before I start to leave, Ciu22 calls us over again. He shows us something in the ground, and picks it up. It's - a jack-o-lantern?​
"How is a jack-o-lantern preserved in gray soil for thousands of years?" S_swimmer asks, stupefied. "This isn't normal. Not even in Minecraftia."​
"Pick it up," I say, remembering my thirst and hunger. "Let's take it back to the Oasis Station and we'll fly back to Gardenvale from there."​
Ciu picks up the jack-o-lantern and we head back to the Oasis Station. I take another look at the jack-o-lantern. Something about it pokes fear inside of me. I shake it off and continue walking.​
End of prologue
Hmmm... Guinessis, Ciu22, and S_swimmer together on an archeology hunt, a mysterious pyramid, a 10,000-year-old preserved jack-o-lantern, and the Oasis Station? And it's surrounded by gray sand? Sounds a lot like a map (hint: Oasis?). Just because I am in a good mood today, I'll leave you guys with a little cliff-hanger. Hahaha! Bye for now!

One last note: The competition has begun for "Who will be the Dark Hunter?" PM me why you should be the Dark Hunter, your personality ingame as a Hunter and a Survivor, and some things that I can use from your personality to make you a great character in the story! That's all for now!

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Chapter 1
"Professor Listings, what do you think?"​
LISTINGS09 looks at the jack-o-lantern carefully. "I... I do not know. You said you found it near the temple, yes?"​
"Yes."​
"Well, then, Guinessis, are you sure that it was of the exact same age as the temple?"​
Guinnesis hesitates. "Well, no, but-"​
I stand up. "I am."​
Listings nods. "Well then, I shall take it to the lab." He leads us into a large room full of all kinds of gadgets. There are chalkboards, notes, gears, contraptions, and chemicals everywhere. Listings finally sits down at a desk cluttered with messy piles of notes. He grabs a microscope and a pair of tweezers. Right when he grabs a piece off of the jack-o-lantern, a small cloud of black smoke puffs out and disappears.​
"Um, what was that?" I ask Listings.​
"S_swimmer, could it be more obvious? It was a cloud of black smoke."​
"I know, I mean why?"​
"I don't know. But anyhow, let's get to the examining." He puts the piece of the jack-o-lantern into the microscope and begins examining. "I'll send for you guys when I finish. For now, you may leave." He motions for us to shoo, and our team strolls out of the lab.​
"So, Guinnesis, what do you think it is?" I ask him.​
"It definitely has something to do with that temple, but what I don't understand is how it was preserved for so many years. It is probably stone painted over to resemble a pumpkin. But that still leaves the answer of how such ancient humans had paint and decided to paint that picture..." His voice trails off as he continues to question his theories and then explain the answer to them.​
"I don't care what I think it is, I'm just going to get back to my house," Ciu22 sighs. "I don't like to dwell on creepy things. Gives me the heeby-jeebies." He shudders. "Anyway, I'm off. Ciu guys later!" He dashes off, obviously barely able to contain his laughter. Guinnesis rolls his eyes.​
I say goodbye to Guinnesis, walk outside, and inhale the fresh air of Gardenvale. After the barren, dry, desolate wasteland in which our team found the temple and the jack-o-lantern, it's nice to come home to a green and unpolluted city. i stroll around the city, walking through the gardens, enjoying the flowers, the scents, and the sunny day. The sky is blue and clear except for a few perfectly white, puffy clouds that drift lazily across the dazzling expanse. This is why I love Gardenvale. Every day is picture-perfect.​
I stop by Guinnesis's garden, which he cleverly named the Verdant Sanctum. His garden is so popular that people have requested he make buildings there for people to relax in and even an apartment to live in. The Verdant Sanctum is one of my favorites, too. But sometimes I like to just walk through the nice and simple ones. My favorite would probably be the Sacred Grove, but I have never actually been in there. I have only seen the very outskirts. The Sacred Grove is the most holy garden in the world, and it is located in the center of the city. Only the High Priest of Gardenvale can enter it's depths.​
Gardenvale is set up like this: in the center is the Sacred Grove, then scattered are small houses, large fountains, fields, and gardens. It is surrounded by a low, decorative white fence wall with vine-like plants entangled around it. The plants grow red berries in the summer and winter. Everything is so green and lively and calm here. The only thing out of place would be Listings's giant laboratory, but even that is made so it looks like nature on the outside. Anyone could spend years wandering through the enormous city, just getting lost in the beauty of the nature there.​
When I finally make it to my house, I sit down on the couch right away and turn on the TV. It immediately springs to life with a rerun of an old Spongebob Squarepants episode. I yawn and change it to the news. Then something catches my eye. In big red letters across the screen is NEXT: STRANGE HAPPENINGS IN THE NUHHAF DESERT. I lean in and turn up the volume. A picture of our research team pops up in the top right corner. The news broadcaster begins to speak about our expedition.
"About 3 days ago, research team S_swimmer, Guinessis, and Ciu22 went out on an expedition in the Nuhhaf Desert. What they had found there was a strange jack-o-lantern and a mysterious ancient temple. Ever since then, research teams across Gaurya have been clinging to this site, digging out what seems to be an ominous courtyard that evokes the thought of a violent religion. Experts say it seems to be some sort of area where humans would make blood offers or human sacrifices. But others say this is something even more serious.
"Ever since the sight has been found, the large research teams would walk in, but they would walk out with terrified looks on their faces. Some would act as if they were completely brainwashed. What trait of this ancient site leaves people so terrified? This is what the locals living in the small lake near it say." Videos start playing of interviews with the locals.
"It's wierd down there, man," A kid says. "They just come out and they're, like, brainwashed. It's like there's aliens down there or something."
"We have heard stories of mysterious and evil forces in our culture," a heavily accented woman says. "Ever since the first clump of dirt was taken away from that pile, I could feel an immensely evil presence wash over the land."
"Do not go in there," a man warns. "There is a great evil down there. If it awakens, the world as we know it will be like this." He motions to the destroyed gray land of the desert.
Finally, after many similar warnings of evil from other locals, the old man we encountered comes on. "Fate has already been set in motion," he says. "And we cannot stop it. This is only the beginning. There is an evil there the likes of which we do not know. We have entangled ourselves in a terrible fate far beyond our understanding. All we can do is watch it unfold itself."
The news man comes back on the screen. "These warnings from the locals have left us wondering what could be down there. Is it true that there is a great evil down there? Is it true that we may have encountered an ancient and supernatural fate far beyond our understanding? This is certainly a mind-boggling event that science simple cannot describe. Coming up next, A Shipwreck Found in a Lake? Friday at 7:00."
I turn off the TV, sit back, and shudder. What have I gotten myself into? What is going to happen?
I jump when someone bangs on the door. I get up and slowly open it with my shaky hands. It's Listings, and he looks pale.
"S_swimmer? There's something you might want to see."
End Chapter 1
A few updates:
  • Deadline for Who Will be the Dark Hunter? applications is chapter 4, exact date not known.
  • We need a cast! As it is the start of the story, the cast is growing rapidly as new characters continue to be introduced. PM me if you want to be added to our wonderful cast of characters and tell me about yourself! Just note, you will be putting your character mostly in my hands, and there is always the chance that I might kill you off sometime in the story.
  • I have a very vague storyline, and I like to make up a lot of this as I go! I accept any ideas that you might have for the story! Just PM me your idea and I will definitely consider it!

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Chapter 2
Guinessis gives a half-laugh. "Impossible."​
"No, no," Listings insists. "It is true. The jack-o-lantern you have brought to me is fully present in 2 states of matter."​
"Listings, could you please explain it in Swimmerian?" I ask Listings.​
"Sure. When you are just carrying it-" -he picks up the jack-o-lantern- "-it is solid. Go ahead and feel it." I take it in my hands, then he takes it back. "But, when you try to seriously harm it, it transforms into a gaseous state of matter." He takes out a sledgehammer and heaves it over to the table. He raises it over his head and brings it down on the jack-o-lantern. But the moment it touches it, the jack-o-lanterns image smudges and spreads out into wisps of strange, dark purple smoke. The sledgehammer clatters on the table. Listings lifts it back up, and right when he does, the wisps of smoke implode into the jack-o-lantern.​
"WHAT!?" I scream. "HOW?"​
Listings shakes his head. "I don't know. This is far beyond my understanding of science. But that is not all that I found. Take a look through that microscope." I look into the microscope and see bits of purple in a sea of black. "That is the sample of the jack-o-lantern. Now look into the one with a normal pumpkin." I look into the one beside it and see orange molecules and germs. "Now look back into the other one, and watch what happens when I put my hand near it." Listings puts his hand on the table near the point where the microscope is focused on. Suddenly, the purple blobs in the black start to form words. DEATH. SURVIVOR. PAIN. HUNTER. FATE. FEAR. BLOOD. EVIL. ENEMY. HATRED. Then it begins to make intricate shapes that evoke thoughts of pain and fear.
"I - I - I don't understand this," I stutter. Guinessis and Ciu22 nod their heads in agreement.
"Well, I don't know if you watched the news, but there was a lot of talk about your little temple."
"Yea, the locals were saying some pretty serious shizl."
"Yes. If I were you-" -he points to me, then Guinessis and Ciu- "-guys, I would heed their warnings. Something is going to happen. Nobody knows what yet, but I assure you, we won't want to get into it."
"Well," Guinessis says, "if you are so compelled to believe that there is really a great evil that has been released into Minecraftia, then why haven't you prepared for it?"
Listings sidesteps to reveal a closet door. He opens it and reveals armor, weapons, and dozens of sacks of food. "Does that answer your question?" Guinessis nods. "Good. Now take your little pumpkin and get out of here."
Me and Guinessis talk on the way out. "So what are we going to do now?" I ask him.
"You really fell for it, haven't you?"
"What?"
"Oh, come on. This is all so fake. There isn't going to be some great evil. It's common sense."
"Try saying that to the smoky pumpkin and the molecules of death."
"Well, if you really want me to prove to you that there is nothing going on, we'll all go to the site tomorrow."
"Fine. I'll meet you at the Oasis Station." I turn around and walk away. I honestly don't know what to believe anymore.
-•-LOTDH-•-
I shudder when I enter the Oasis Station. I look at the giant facility built around the small dot of dense plant life. I hate going in there. The giant tubes and the cold, industrial atmosphere makes me feel like a lab rat. Yet, I enter, and I meet up with Guinessis and Ciu22 on the Fertile Grounds in the center of the first floor.​
"So, are you ready to go to the site?" I ask Guinessis.​
"That depends. Are you ready to stop believing this stupidity?"​
"No."​
"Then, by all means, let's go." He leads us out of the Fertile Grounds and we walk through a tube that leads to the rooftop. A sleek, black helicopter is waiting for us there. We enter and the helicopter spurs to life, and we begin to inch away from the rooftop and into the air.​
"I'm not really an experienced driver with this thing," our pilot, Dlmt3 says to us. "So expect an unpleasant ride." The helicopter swivels and jerks and shakes up and down with such a force that it makes you wonder if he is doing this on purpose. We continue to shake like we're in a blender for another half hour, then Dlmt3 takes us on a rollercoaster-like drop towards the ground. Before we hit the ground, he brings us upright, and does his version of a "gentle" landing.​
"Umm... thanks for the ride," I say.​
"Hey, I'm not meant for this stuff," he snaps, obviously seeing that I am not pleased with his helicopter piloting. "I should be on my feet, fighting in the army."​
"What kept you from it?" Guinessis asks as he gets off. Dlmt3 turns round in his chair and reveals his legs... er... leg. "Oh."​
"Yep." He motions for us to leave, and we start down the hill and into the giant excavated hole.​
I am dumbfounded with what I see. Around the mossy, ominous temple are pillars about 1/3 the hight of the temple each. They are also mossy, but at the top of them, there are tiny altars. A circular floor has been excavated, with flowing, swirling designs of gold, obsidian, and stone bricks encompassing the temple and the altar pillars. Guinessis leads us down into the crater, and we take a look around. I continuously glance down at the floor. I can't shake the feeling that it looks familiar. I begin to just stare at it, trying to realize where I've seen it before.​
"Hey, S_swimmer, if there is a great evil, where is it now?" Guinessis taunts me, but I only hear a faded voice shoved behind my concentration. I hear dull thuds, and look up for a moment to see Guinessis hitting the altars, taking small steps into the temple, and any other thing that would normally make an ancient evil rather pissed. I look back down at the floor. Suddenly, it starts to move. Then it hits me like a tidal wave.​
"Guys?" I yell over to them nervously. "We need to get out of here."
"What, you're still scared?"
"No, we have to get out of here, NOW!" Then, all at once, the altars light themselves with black fire that gives off purple smoke. The ground begins to shake, subtle at first, then violently. The swirls of gold and obsidian move faster, but now Guinessis and Ciu22 can see it. The circular floor begins to spin. Suddenly, fast-moving tendrils of black matter burst from the temple. I scream and run. I look behind me to see Guinessis and Ciu22 right behind me, but Ciu is slowing fast. He starts to pant, and then he trips and the black wraps around him like fingers and pulls him into the temple.​
"CIU!" I yell, and start after him, but Guinessis grabs my arm.​
"We have to get out of here!" he says, and we rush towards the helicopter. Dlmt3 starts it immediately and rockets toward the sky. I look back to see the temple. Then, altogether, the temple, the floor and the altar pillars explode in a giant cloud of black smoke, sending pieces flying everywhere, shaking the entire land of Minecraftia. Then, the black smoke implodes, forcing the bits of the temple back in with it, a flash of white as the pieces merge again and then nothing.​
-•-LOTDH-•-
We thank Dlmt3 as we get off the helicopter, trying as hard as we can to put the events we just experienced behind us. I let Guinessis go first, and Dlmt3 stops me right as I'm about to get off. "I don't know about you," he whispers to me, "but I have a gut feeling you're going to have to go back there sometime." I nod solemnly and head off to my house. But when I open the door, on the ground in the living room is... Ciu22. his eyes are black, his mouth is foaming, he looks like he is having a seizure, and faint purple smoke emanates from him. There is a message on the wall above him, written in blood. DO NOT RETURN.
End Chapter 2
Quick note, guys! All submissions for the "Who Will be the Dark Hunter?" competition is due when chapter 4 is released! I have seen some amazing applications, and I suggest you make yours soon if you want to!

Second note: Always make sure to check this thread every once in a while, because you never know when I am going to update an unfinished chapter!

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
One little note: I am most likely going to be making maps that go along with the settings in the story! I would greatly appreciate it if nobody else takes ideas from this story, however, but you can work WITH me to help me make them! :D

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I don't have one, I am making them in the overworld. But I am currently helping someone with a map, so after that, someone can help me make either Gardenvale (which would be an enormous map, most likely, because Gardenvale CONTAINS Verdant Sanctum), The Temple, or the Sacred Grove, which I might decide to make myself.

Marvelfan01

Reaction score
I don't have one, I am making them in the overworld. But I am currently helping someone with a map, so after that, someone can help me make either Gardenvale (which would be an enormous map, most likely, because Gardenvale CONTAINS Verdant Sanctum), The Temple, or the Sacred Grove, which I might decide to make myself.
I will be willing to help if I have spare time

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Chapter 3
"Quickly! Get him to room 1104!"​
"But that's at the top floor! No case has been that serious!"​
"Have you taken one look down at him!?"​
Copycat looks down at the patient and sees his foaming mouth and spastic twitching. But what frightens him the most is his black eyes and the purplish smoke that emanates from him. He sprints for the ramp that leads up to the top floor.​
I wait for Ciu22 to arrive at the top floor. When he finally comes up the stairs, the nurses are panting and dripping with sweat. They rush past me, spraying me with the stuff, and make a sharp turn into a room. I peek inside to see a dimly lit room, the only light in the middle, where dozens of doctors with all kinds of gadgets are huddled around Ciu, talking to each other and poking at him. Nurses scuttle about the rest of the room, getting the doctors what they need. I shudder at the memory of seeing Ciu on my floor, the strange message in blood above him reading DO NOT RETURN. I can't shake the feeling that it was written in Ciu's blood.
I shiver and turn around, only to crash into - the High Priest of Gardenvale!?​
"Uhh...." I stutter, then awkwardly bow down at his feet.​
"Well, normally you do that to a king, but I appreciate the respect," High Priest Baker93 says. "I have came here to you on a holy occasion. The Grove has called for you."​
".... Whaaa?"​
"You have been summoned to the Sacred Grove. You must enter immediately."​
"But... why?"​
"The Sacred Grove shares purposes with no other being than the one it has called for. You must go now."​
I blink a few times, rise up, and stumble past Baker93 to the elevator. It goes down to the lobby at a sluggish place, playing an old song bad enough to make you break the speaker to stop it. It finally stops and the doors open, revealing the large lobby area with glossy floors, tiny potted plants, fountains, windows, and white walls. I push through the doors and get hit immediately with the blinding light of the sun and the fresh air of Gardenvale. I remind myself not to be distracted by this and walk past the gardens and houses, my eyes locked on the little dot in the center of the city on the horizon. I stop for nothing, look at nothing, talk to nobody, and just continue closing in on the most holy outcropping of nature in the world. But right at the gates, I crash right into Guinessis.​
"Ouch!" I yell. My eyesight is fuzzy for a little while, but it clears when I blink three times.​
"Oh, hi S_swimmer," Guinessis says awkwardly. "I'm sorry for dragging you guys to that place. I should've known to heed the warnings."​
"It's fine, don't worry about it."​
"So, I heard you found Ciu and that he's in the hospital. I was actually going to go visit him. He's alright?"​
"Well, as 'alright' as he can get for someone who just encountered some sort of evil supernatural force and got beaten almost to death."​
"Yea... so what are you doing around the Grove?"​
"I... was going to go inside it."​
Guinessis blinks twice. "Whaaa?"​
"High Priest Baker93 said that it 'called for me' or something."​
"Woa... so why did it 'call for you?'" I shrug and say I don't know. "Well, you should probably get in there, then." He walks past me and leaves me staring in front of the golden gates to the grove.​
I run my finger along one of the shining bronze bars to the gate of the Sacred Grove. It's cold to the touch. A warm breeze blows from the Grove, and I swear I can hear the forest breathing. I blink a few times and grab for the handle to open the gate when I realize there is no handle. I am a bit confused until the bronze bars of the gate begin to shake and move in wavelike motions. They squirm about and slither around as if in liquid form. Eventually, they reform in an intricate pattern around the edges of the gate, resembling hanging vines. The gate is open. I take a deep breath and enter the Sacred Grove.​
-•-LOTDH-•-
Baker93 suddenly bursts through the door of Ciu22's hospital room. Guinessis and the doctors are startled and don't seem to know what to do when suddenly greeted with the presence of the High Priest on such a strange occasion.​
"Hello," Baker says. "I have heard that Ciu is in need of my help."​
"Who told you?" Guinessis asks.​
Baker simply answers, "The forest." Nobody says anything else and Baker walks over to Ciu's side. He leans down and puts his ear to Ciu's mouth to hear his breathing. "He seems to be alive and healthy," he states. "Why is he in here?" As if in response, Ciu has another attack. His eyes open, revealing glowing spheres of dark purple. His mouth opens in a silent scream and the purple smoke begins to emanate from him again. The smoke seems to whisper ever so faintly. The smoke rises up quickly out of his chest, which comes up a few inches off of the bed. It lasts for a few seconds, then his eyes and mouth close, the smoke stops, and he is once again unconscious in his bed.​
"Well," Baker says. "I guess that explains it."​
"What do you think it is?" One of the doctors asks.​
"Nothing a medical procedure can make any better." The doctors still stand there. "That's code for 'get out of here please.'" The doctors hustle out of the room and leave Baker and Guinessis on both sides of Ciu's bed.​
"I'm going to need your help for this, Guinessis," Baker says.​
"What are we going to do?" Guinessis asks.​
"We need to get the darkness out of him by filling him with the light of the forests."​
"Oh, I don't think that will work, Baker93." a voice says.​
"Trust me Guinessis, it will," Baker says.​
"Um, I didn't say that," Guinessis says nervously. Instantly, they both know who did, but they feel the need to look down to confirm their fears. Ciu22's dark purple eyes are open, and he grins evilly.​
End of Chapter 3

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
I'm really sorry guys, but with my increasing amount of school work, my slight writer's block, and my dad being in the hospital, I have slowed down trememndously. I will try to push through, however. :)

Also, the contest for "Who Will be the Dark Hunter?" has ended, so if you send me a PM for the role of Dark Hunter, I won't consider you. However, you can still ask me to be a character.

I have added something new: you can now suggest what maps I should add into this story, and if you have a great idea for it, you can suggest when, too!

Reactions: Chase8151220101
Status
Not open for further replies.