AoD Map Report Thread

froyd

Reaction score
Currently, the spawns in Temples (objectively the best map) are in the wrong places. Players should spawn 10 blocks above where they currently do (y level 189 in create, I don't know if the level is different in the map as it is now.) Here is a handy-dandy reference image:

Also, either I'm blind or we have no map problem specific area of the forums. I seem to remember having a map problem reports thread for AoD 1.0 which worked well, so we might want to have something like that for this version.

• Useful
Reactions: Vatumok and Naoh

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com
This thread is for map creators to post things they need changed in their maps (Spawnpoints, Kits, etc.) and for players to post game-threatening issues in maps.

Map Name:
Did you make this map?:
What needs to be changed?:
Is the map playable without this change?:

ComputerGuy_ and tnmjimbob, feel free to edit the format.

Reactions: Notme and Fragile

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
I'll try to fix the map soon, but may not be able to until Monday. Apologies for the mixed up posts, I figured merging them would be easier to keep track of, I guess XenForo didn't like it.

Reactions: Fragile

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Map Name: Runners Resort
Did you make this map?: Yes
What needs to be changed?: 3 rooftops are accesable from the tall wooden structure while they shouldn't be. Also mobs spawn.
Is the map playable without this change?: Yes

Reactions: Fragile

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Not sure if this is a map bug or something else but the following happened today:
I joined AoD with no players on
I waited and went checking the forums
my minecraft started bugging and I was kicked for flying

After I joined back AoD was transformed in a kind of SMP-ish gamemode with a CTF kit

Reactions: Notme and Fragile

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
What needs to be changed?: 3 rooftops are accesable from the tall wooden structure while they shouldn't be. Also mobs spawn.
Also would be good if there was added barriers on the mountain, because you can get there with jumpboost

• Informative
Reactions: Fragile and Vatumok

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Not sure if this is a map bug or something else but the following happened today:
I joined AoD with no players on
I waited and went checking the forums
my minecraft started bugging and I was kicked for flying

After I joined back AoD was transformed in a kind of SMP-ish gamemode with a CTF kit
I do know about this bug, but I have no idea why it happens so I can't fix it. It seems to happen totally randomly, with no error messages either. If I find the problem I'll fix it ASAP, but for now you'll just have to wait until the round ends or contact a staff member to end the round.

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Did you make this map?: No, it was made by Vatumok
What needs to be changed?: There's a lava pool where you can go to a secret underground room
Is the map playable without this change?: Yes but it gives survivors a small advantage (even tho its a dead end)

BanSwift

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Map Name: Tube
What needs to be changed?: Chestplate missing (unsure which kit)
Is the map playable without this change?: Unfairly, yes.

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Map Name: Peach's Castle
Did you make this map?: ComputerGuy_ tnmjimbob
What needs to be changed?: there's a teleport that spawns you outside the castle which causes you to fall into the void. (coords: 64, 43,-29. Hug the wall and walk downstairs)
Is the map playable without this change?: yes but it will annoy players

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
So yes, I have noted down some easy fixable issues with maps for a few days. This is what I think should be changed!

First I think I should say that Im no fan of having a bow in the shop. Its making my favourite maps less fun. The infinity bow gets op on Buildbox, Colourido and Aerodash.

Map Name: Colourido
Did you make this map?: no
What needs to be changed?: Strength is the most important. Remove strenght from the kits(replace it with good regen or weakness), and remove the strength in the chest(dont know the coords but its at the right side, from spawn perspective). Also make fishing rod actully knock people, and make firecharge work.
Is the map playable without this change?: Yes, but it will be very more balanced and fun playing it then!
Map Name: Academy
What needs to be changed?: Strength should be removed from the hunterkits. Also, I dont know where or what enchantments the flamebow has. But I would say either remove it entirely, or remove the possible other enchantments on it(like infinity).
Is the map playable without this change?: I would say it isnt really. The unbalance make the round either end fast or doesnt end.
Map Name: Oasis
Did you make this map?: No
What needs to be changed?: The map itself isnt really fair, but removing most of the heals, will make it better. There is pretty much Splash Heal II potions everywhere, and i have almost gotten full inventory of it. This is causing the survivors to be op, because they are the ones mostly ends up with much of it.
Is the map playable without this change?: Yes, but this is one of the things that will make the map less unfair.
Map Name: Collossal
What needs to be changed?: The jumppads at the side doesnt work, and its pretty annoying because it looks like it should
Map Name: Frostfall
What needs to be changed?: The woodensword kit is too op. The kit gets good regen, and I found out that the kit needed 20 seconds to go from 0,5 hearts to 10. This means that you kinda need to kill it twice if you fight with it in 20 seconds. Tbh I think the kit itself also is good, but im not sure what effects to change it to.
Is the map playable without this change?: The map is playable, but I wouldnt dare to fight against any of the woodensword kits, cause it only causes me to die.
Map Name: Contaimed
What needs to be changed?: First, the biggest issue with the map is that its very unbalanced. The survivors is clearly better armored, but the hunters gets poison, VERY op poison. If you meet a hunter, (however how good you are) and they hit you with poison II, you are most likely dead. Even if you got milk(which I only have found in one chest) you will lose 5 hearts before you drank the milk. So what should be changed. Give the hunters less poison potions (like 2 instead of 4), make the poison: 'Splash Poison I, (0:33)', give the hunters better kits(atleast the kit with iron pickaxe and bad armor), and give survivors atleast one milk bucket in the kit and maybe add more milk around the map. And at last, remove the flame bow that is on the top. There is nothing that really can make it un-op(without giving hunters fire res, but then the point of it is gone).
Is the map playable without this change?: Yes, but it will keep beeing less fun than it could be, because the map itself is aweome.
Map Name: Uncharted
What needs to be changed?: Im not sure how to make this map very balanced, but one of the most important things is to remove either the entire flame bow, or the infinity on it(to avoid bowspamming). I also feel like the enchantmenttable is kinda survivor op, but im not sure.
Map Name: Cubism
What needs to be changed?: The survivors is too op. I think the reason is that they too much weapons, that itself isnt very op, but together is. I would start with removing the iron sword that every survivor gets in theire kits. Change that ironsword into a stonesword or something else(or you might aswell give them nothing, because finding a weapon is easy). The hunterkits should have ironsword, and suddenly it will be more balanaced(i think).
Is the map playable without this change?: Yes, but survivors are kinda impossible to kill if you are alone and they are teaming

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Eyy, you guys dun goofed it with Flames of Time.
Hunters are supposed to spawn from the spawns in the sky, all kits should have the diamond leggings and eltras that I mentioned in the submission thread, the map should be night time, and mobs shouldn't spawn.
Please set this right, as I was pretty clear about it in my submission (maybe not about the mobs, but the slimes are kinda athematic).

Also, I don't think I mentioned this, but it might be nice to give all kits resistance I and maybe allow players to choose kits? Definitely resistance to make it more of an actual fight please.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Friendy

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Hunters are supposed to spawn from the spawns in the sky, all kits should have the diamond leggings and eltras that I mentioned in the submission thread, the map should be night time, and mobs shouldn't spawn.
Please set this right, as I was pretty clear about it in my submission (maybe not about the mobs, but the slimes are kinda athematic).

Also, I don't think I mentioned this, but it might be nice to give all kits resistance I and maybe allow players to choose kits? Definitely resistance to make it more of an actual fight please.
ComputerGuy_

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score

Fixed. Yell it there are any other issues

• Thank You
Reactions: Catcocomics

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Fixed. Yell it there are any other issues
Yelling.
I want to make this simple and clear:

Kits:
their defense is highly inoptimal; I suggest setting resistance to 1 (displays as Res II for clarity), remove fire resistance for everyone, and remove saturation effect all together (this was constantly healing everybody, which really messed things up).

To try and reduce lag, I suggest making the kits not drop upon death, and I also want it like this to stop people getting items they are not meant to have with their current kit.

The armor solution... oh boy, was that not a good one.
The primary reason I left chestplates out was because the difference in materials meant a great difference between Blue Fire's defense and everyone else's defense.

To provide a solution, I want all kits to match these chests exactly:

I wish to make it very clear and important to note that the only things which need to be changed are the [BCOLOR=#ffff00]armor and food[/BCOLOR], everything else was done pretty well.
I might also add that everything in the chests corresponds to the appropriate items on the wall found here
Which I remind you now, can be found by flying upwards from /warp FlamesofTime

Launchers: I wish for launchers to launch straight up (about 20-30 blocks) to allow people to actually use their elytra to any real effect.

Spawns: There are six spawn points; I want the hunters to spawn in the spawn points floating in the air
and for the survivors to spawn on the ones on the ground.

Day/Night:
if it is not yet set to 16000 and time frozen, please do that.

If you are confused about anything, please ask; I clearly wouldn't be posting this if I didn't want the map to be done right.
Thank you for the effort.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Yelling.
I want to make this simple and clear:

Kits:
their defense is highly inoptimal; I suggest setting resistance to 1 (displays as Res II for clarity), remove fire resistance for everyone, and remove saturation effect all together (this was constantly healing everybody, which really messed things up).

To try and reduce lag, I suggest making the kits not drop upon death, and I also want it like this to stop people getting items they are not meant to have with their current kit.

The armor solution... oh boy, was that not a good one.
The primary reason I left chestplates out was because the difference in materials meant a great difference between Blue Fire's defense and everyone else's defense.

To provide a solution, I want all kits to match these chests exactly:

I wish to make it very clear and important to note that the only things which need to be changed are the [BCOLOR=#ffff00]armor and food[/BCOLOR], everything else was done pretty well.
I might also add that everything in the chests corresponds to the appropriate items on the wall found here
Which I remind you now, can be found by flying upwards from /warp FlamesofTime

Launchers: I wish for launchers to launch straight up (about 20-30 blocks) to allow people to actually use their elytra to any real effect.

Spawns: There are six spawn points; I want the hunters to spawn in the spawn points floating in the air
and for the survivors to spawn on the ones on the ground.

Day/Night:
if it is not yet set to 16000 and time frozen, please do that.

If you are confused about anything, please ask; I clearly wouldn't be posting this if I didn't want the map to be done right.
Thank you for the effort.
RIP Compguy, killed by kits :(