Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Announcing a new Map Helper rank for AoD!

What is it?
This new rank allows players to contribute to the server by giving them permissions to start and end rounds without having to have staff online. Trusted map helpers are allowed to edit maps.

Why have the rank?
It has been suggested a few times, mainly because often players will leave the server if an unpopular map gets selected during voting. Although I made a thread a few months ago talking about AoD's dwindling player count, there's been a recent increase in activity this past week. With Poeo's recent Mod application we decided it would be a good idea to use the opportunity to try to bring players back.
As a map helper, you are not required to reply to map submission threads, but it is appreciated if you do.

How can I apply?
Applying is pretty simple. You have to submit a Staff Application, but you don't need to include as much detail as a normal staff application. See this link for the forum section:
https://escaperestart.com/forum/forums/staff-applications.373/

The information required is slightly different, please follow the below format:
  • In game name
  • Ontime on the server
  • Why you would like the rank
  • Anything else you think would be useful

This is mostly just a trial at this point, and I'll review it in a few weeks and the details of the rank may be subject to change. Good luck ;)

Last edited by a moderator: