AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Hey there!
Thank you to everyone who has voted on the form, it has been really useful. As expected, some of the maps were voted quite poorly, and so we have removed the following maps:

Dragons of Destiny
Flatcrew Ruins
Academy
Bedroom
Isles
Echo Grotto
Lockdown
Runboy
Mystic Hallways
Seaspray Rig
Westfire School
NYC
Uncharted

Some honourable mentions for most liked maps:
  • Octopus of Love
  • Runners Resort
  • Block Forts
  • Abyss
  • Cubism
  • Terminal
  • Silver Edge
  • Chompland

There were some other maps which were also voted as not favourable, but were not removed and have had some edits made to them to attempt to make them more enjoyable:
  • Permafrost has been converted back into a Laser Gun map. Kits were not enjoyed.
  • Purgatory has had some modifications to the cavern area to nerf camping
  • House of Terror has had its basement made more accessible.

For those who have had your maps removed, you may re-submit the map again so long as you make a few changes to that map to attempt to make it more enjoyable. Just be aware they may be more likely to be declined.

Again, thanks to everyone who voted. We hope to do more of these, your feedback is always appreciated!

-Comp

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I honestly would've liked some problem-exposing feedback on my maps and maybe a few chances to actually play on my maps so I might see the problems myself (I kid you not, I never got to play on Dragons of Destiny, so I have literally no idea what people don't like it for, and I also updated Seaspray Rig by lowering the flag platforms (exposing spawn campers more so that they can't just hide and snipe) and putting crates to give people more cover, but I never got to see that change either).

The only issue I ever did hear about either of my maps is that people didn't like how they were essentially sitting ducks when climbing the ladders in Seaspray Rig, and further comments were mostly just hate and banter without any given explanation.

My request is simple: explain to me what I can do to make my maps more enjoyable (it has to be a solid explanation and not some prejudice like "I hate Seaspray because Splatoon is for sissies"), or I'll want a revote on each of my maps that fails to receive a proper explanation, because I can't rightly fix something if no one gives me the means of figuring out what's wrong with it, and if I don't know what's wrong with it or that there is something wrong with it, I'm left to assume that it's perfectly fine.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Catcocomics, I understand your frustration.

The idea of the form I set up was to quickly get a general idea of which maps are liked. This was because there being tons of complaints about maps and it is easier to analyse without people writing a bit. I also don't think it would have been very helpful to get those messages. I bet a lot of complaints will be the same as you heard on the server, I highly doubt people would give contrstructive critism and instead they'd list what's wrong or good with it.

I think it's more productive to talk to some AoD players or staff, ask them what they dislike about those maps and where to improve on. You can by the way always resubmit maps if you have made changes and we may bring back removed maps later to keep the map rotation fresh.

• Agree
Reactions: Friendy