AoD Configuration Generator: A new way to make configs

tnm

Reaction score

After days of developing, implementing and testing, I can finally release the first version of AoD Config Generator. The program aims to hugely simplify the creation of AoD Configuration Files, without the hair tearing hassle of material name and ID lookup tables. A big thanks to ComputerGuy567 for helping a large amount with the project! In order to run the program, you will need java 6 and above.

• Creation of kits
  • Renaming, moving and duplicating of kits
  • Adding of items, blocks and potions
  • Tabs and Search functions for item adding
  • Potion Effects per team
  • Hunter and Survivor block limits
  • Saving and opening of save files
  • Custom team settings, such as spawn location & fall damage reduction
  • Ability to export to AoD readable config files
  • Automatic update checking

Click here to download the program!

-----

Feel free to report any bugs or ask about anything that you may be unsure of.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok so I played around a bit (not really testing properly but), and here are 2 things I think should be added:
1. An import function to import existing YAML files... Maybe this should replace saving AOD Configuration Save Files.
Or maybe not, since you don't want to allow the export of incomplete YAML files.
Eitherway, Import would be nice... especially for the AOD Director/staff to edit it.

2. Not sure why the program should close/crash after you try load a non-compatible file. Not a big problem, but found it strange :p

I can do some proper testing if needs be!

tnm

Reaction score
Well I had some time so-
The program can now read in existing configs, whether they be finished or half completed. It cannot however read in config files that have parse errors in them, so bear that in mind. The program also now resets instead of closing when attempting to open a non-readable file and the "Hunter Settings" typo has been fixed!

To update, simply run the program and click "yes" to download the latest version.

(UltimateBudgie feel free to do some tests- I think it's pretty stable now but there are still probably a few issues!)