Accepted Ansoro's Sub-Forum Moderator Application.

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
Subforum(s) you wish to moderate: Forum Games -> More specific, Survivor (Recently made a Sub-Forum)

Time-zone/Country of origin: Costa Rica. GMT-6.

You see user and long-time administrator, Malcovent abusing his Admin powers by berating a user and insulting him publicly, how do you proceed? Firstly, I would immediately contact another Administrator(s) and let them come to their attention all the details of what's currently happening. I would also consider to PM that Admin (The one causing the trouble) and try my very best to calm him down and make him realize that his current actions aren't quite appropriate. I would do this with the objective of cooling everything up while things are being delt with. Secondly, I would also proceed to instantly take screenshots of the issue between that Admin and the User. The reason behind this, is to have proof. Why? Simply because posts can be edited, and that Admin might quickly delete or change those insults he/she made towards that User to make it seem that he/she didn't do such thing. I've learned from my past that having proof is always crucial thing to have. Thirdly, I'd wait for the other Administrators' to discuss it and wait and see if they'll need my assistance with something else. I wouldn't want to make a rush decision without really thinking or consulting first.

An argument breaks out in a thread, both sides have some valid points but ultimately it is derailing the thread and starting a flamewar, how do you proceed? First of all, I'd have to see the main issue here, which is that there's an argument forming that is derailing from the thread's main purpose or objective. I consider talking/debating about something isn't wrong, as long as everyone is behaving, respecting other's opinion and not chaning the thread's topic. In this case, I would proceed to delete those posts that are derailing the thread and making the environment withtin that thread hostile. Whether both of have valid points, isn't that important. If they're turning it into this flamewar, then it needs to be stopped. After that, I would notify both Users and calmly let them know what they did wrong. I'll then give them a chance to carry on with their conversation (If they wish) in a most civil and respectful way.

A user publicly contests with your decision as a moderator, with a public post disagreeing about your decision regarding a moderator action, how do you proceed? I would encourage that User to PM me so we can calmly discuss the situation in a more private, personal and professional way. If the User doesn't feel like talking to me, then I'll advice him to PM a Administrator so he/she can have a talk about it.
I wouldn't start an argument in that same thread, simply to avoid making it public to others in the community. I strongly feel things like this should be dealt in a more private and classy way. I'll then close that thread.

GmK is drunk and threatening to delete the forums, tell him your favorite joke so as to distract him: Oh no. I'm not good with jokes. Perhaps GmK would like a little bit of dark humor?

Why did Lucy fall off the swing?

Because she had no arms.

Knock Knock.

Who's there?

Not Lucy.