Announcing the Blocktopia New Year Event/Stuff/Maybe Prom 2015

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Demonic_Mstrstn & SirComputer proudly present the

On 2nd January at 7pm GMT (put 7pm GMT to <replace with your timezone> in Google to convert) we're hosting an unofficial New Year Event/Prom at /warp btprom on BuildBox!

We'll be in the Blocktopia plug.dj channel (plug.dj/blocktopia-official) for music, where we'll play whatever you want to line up! We'll also be hosting a "Prom King and Queen" competition, so get your skins ready for that! You don't have to take part, however, if you don't want to. There's not a dress code anyway.

We've got the first hour planned, but we'll vote after that for what to do. Hope to see you all there!

Thank you to olive44 for helping us with some of the building!

Pictures courtesy of rawrmynameisrex!

For the full range of pictures, see https://imgur.com/a/MSARn

Last edited:

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
If people show up, they show up. If they don't, they don't. It's a kind invitation and if I know the people of Blocktopia there's always some form of hijinks to be had.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Last that I remember, people were somewhat enthusiastic about the first prom but the execution of it was lacking. No one knew exactly what time or day it was going to be at due to timezones so some people came on, asked if it happened, then left.

SirComputer, you should put more details down about what's happening to avoid confusion. I'm certain that some people don't know what 7pm GMT is during their timezone or how to look it up.
Then you could say that the Blocktopia Plug.Dj channel will be hijacked during that time.
Then maybe post details on types of events to get people interested in going-- Heck do random votes on types of songs to play, or even jump into other servers like Infection, AoD, or A&T, play a round or two as a group and get the servers full. Call it Server Surfing instead of Prom.

• Agree
Reactions: myusername22

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
First off, thanks for supporting us in this event that we organised (even tho we hadn't much resources) for the second first time (since the first one was my fault for not happening) and yes, we know this isn't an official event and yes it is a bit amateurish but SirComputer and I have tried our best to make this as good as possible. Second thing is that this is the first (or second) time we organise this so there will be problems, definitely but we will try to make it as awesome as possible for you guys
That's all
-Demonic_Mstrstn