An actual solution to the problems pointed out in "your daily dose of memes"

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com
Disclaimer: This is a serious thread. Be serious.

I would like to do something abnormal in this community and propose a binding resolution to the issue for both the Administration and community to consider. It wouldn't just qualify here, but would be used for all situations. These would be implemented as rules. Here's what it would institute:

1. Controlling Administrators:
(a) Community Administrators can only interfere with Server Staff, Moderation, Day-to-day functioning, or other Operations without permission of a server staff member who has passed a trial or been promoted once, or monetary problems, or other risk to the community.
(b) Community Administrators can be demoted with a two-third or more vote and discussion to do so by Server Admins, or by a majority of Administrators. Any discussion must be publicized to all unless it contains content that could be harmful to someone's privacy or to the state of the community. The full discussion must still be released to staff ranked above Moderator (with issues of privacy omitted), and a summary of the discussion must be released.
(c) Reasons must be given for the demotion of a Staff member, unless they have previously been warned that they could lose their rank if the behavior continued. Posts cannot be deleted solely on the basis of publicizing why a person was demoted, but can only be posted by the person demoted.
(d) A demoted Staff member can be brought back to Staff with the vote of 75% or more of the server's staff.

2. Controlling Community Members and Bans/Ban Appeals:
(a) All members must be coherent to the rules with absolutely no exceptions.
(b) The interpretation of the rules must be determined by the Staff team as a whole and not by an individual Staff member, unless the Staff team has not decided or discussed the rule.
(c) Community members cannot be unbanned more than twice within a period of six months. The Server Admin has the final say in who is and isn't unbanned.
(d) A new Server Admin may shorten, but not lengthen, the amount of time a player is banned.

Please discuss what I have proposed. I am handing out an olive branch to both sides of the discussion, and hope for serious comments and RESPECTFUL discussion.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
The fact that you have to put a bolded disclaimer saying that your thread is serious is ridiculous.

I posted this in the thread you mentioned.
Here's what you should do if some staff member is deleting your posts and you disagree with it:

- Message that staff member with "Hey, you removed my post. I feel it was appropriate there. Why did you remove it?" If you cannot be an adult and respond to your post deletion in mature manner, you're only going to exacerbate the problem.

- Staff member should give an explanation in a respectful manner, especially if you were just as kind in approaching them. If they are disrespectful or you continue to disagree, go to their superior staff member/Admin.

- If you don't want to go to a specific Admin for idontreallycare reason, go to all the other ones at the same time instead. If you don't want to go to Admin A go to Admins/Directors B through Z explaining what the problem is and why you don't want to include Admin A. They'll talk with Admin A and eachother and if Admin A is wrong, they'll tell Admin A. This is "who watches the admins." it's every other admin/director. It's checks and balances. I promise, I have no fucking problem telling Psycho or whothefuckever that they're acting like a dipshit and need to fucking stop despite them being my superior whoever.

-If you're in the wrong, you'll get an explanation why. If you were wronged, your post should be restored and the staff member that originally deleted your post needs to be coached to do better next time.
It speaks about a specific situation but if it's applied to a broader perspective, then we shouldn't really need any of the things you've outlined.

Have a problem with a staff member? Speak to that staff member like a fucking adult.
Still have a problem with that staff member? Speak to the person in charge of him.
Still have a problem with that staff member or the admin you just spoke to? Speak to the rest of the admins collectively.
Still have a problem? You might be the problem.

We're a community and I promise that there's no hidden agenda to put a specific person in ultimate power. When I was a director and someone came to me with a problem with that staff member, I would do my best to handle it objectively and either coach that staff member or guide the player as to what the legitimately did wrong. If I had a problem with another director, I'd go to the admins. If I had a problem with an admin (which I did) I would go to the other admins. If I STILL had a problem at that point and I had an entire admin team tell me im full of shit or whatever, then I worked it out with myself and came to terms that it was me that was wrong.

This applies to every single person in this community. If you have a problem, fucking talk with that person. Say "Ogarci I didnt agree with that." and explain why. If I call you a cheeky cunt and to fuck off and not give you the time of day, I shouldn't be staff and I should be fucking banned and demoted and made example of.

More rules would just complicate things. People just need to do their fucking jobs as staff that they volunteered for or resign.