Alternate Rituals of Fire Server w/ 5 to 10 Minute Rounds

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
I like Rituals of Fire, but sometimes the rounds may seem too long especially if I just want to get on for a quick game. I'm sure that the RoF staff have better things to do than to bother implementing this but I think it would be interesting to see what happens nonetheless.

The basis of this alternate Rituals of Fire server is to have extremely short rounds -- either 5mins or 10mins long -- and be a "barebones" type of server with essential plugins and maybe a few ideas from the main RoF server.

Plugins
  • RoF plugin
  • Coreprotect
  • Chat plugin
  • Economy plugin (maybe)
Gamemodes
  • One main gamemode (Creative probably)
  • Deathrun
Ranks
  • I don't know if ranks would be necessary for this type of server, but I'm sure players would want some type of reward for playing. Ranks should be secondary where it could be based on amount of time spent on the server and the player automatically ranks up but that would be it -- they wouldn't have access to a special shop with OP items or earn more cookies than lower ranks.
Shops
  • I'm debating on whether a Buy or Sell Shop would be necessary as well. If they were included then each shop would have a maximum of 10 items and nothing more. What could be interesting is if the Buy Shop only had the basic items to survive - leather armor, food, and sponges if the main gamemode was Survival. If it was a Creative gamemode - just sponges.
  • Players could earn the same amount of money per round OR -- The amount of money earned could be based on how long they survive and they could be given a multiplier every 10 rounds consecutively survived which gives them incentive to play longer in a way.
  • They could use these cookies for perks that everyone has access to because it isn't rank dependent.
  • Don't know what these perks could be just yet.
Maps
  • Maps could be automatically chosen instead of having a player vote. What could be done is that the plugin cycles through all the maps and plays them all instead of having the same map repeat after two rounds of other maps. (e.g. A, B, C, D, E instead of A, B, A, C, A)
  • There could be a minimum of 25 maps in rotation and maybe a max of 50. Some of these maps could be chosen from the current RoF rotation, but I think these maps should be curated for the new server.
  • If preexisting maps are chosen, then chests with OP items should be removed if it was only a Survival Gamemode.
  • If new maps are required then maybe the main requirement for the map should be the size where the max is 64x64x64 so the map can flood quickly
  • Of course with shorter rounds, Timers would have to be edited and added so that the whole map can flood quickly.
  • Deathrun maps would have to be done in five minutes or less

I'm sure that there could be more ideas to be hashed out, but these are just basic ideas so far so there could be issues or contradictions to this whole idea.
Overall, the basis for this type of server is to have shorter rounds and to keep the server simple for players to quickly grasp the concept of playing it. I just think that the one reason why the current RoF server doesn't retain the new players that join is that the rounds are still too long which leads to boredom for them.

Thoughts?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Notme