Alright, we need more than an honour system at the Waypoint.

superhalo6

Reaction score
This is Minecraft, an anonymous gaming platform, thus people can be jackasses without little repercussion except a ban/kick/mute/warn or reputation damage.

Honour systems are hard to control, people can and will be jackasses if there is nothing to stop them, and yes we can store items elsewhere, but what if crimson attack? What if we are being attacked by invisible archers? What if there is a player being a jackass and murdering people?

Well too bad for you, you happen to be half way across the map storing your stuff/raiding a town or a temple.

And further more people will stop trying if some jackass comes along and takes everything they bought, fought for, scavanged, repaired, and made.

We can't continue with the honour system, let us have private chests at the Waypoint or punish theft.

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Massive theft will be punished. It already has during this event.

If some nimrod comes along and empties everything they will be.

If I start having to do some kinda daily chest check I will but why is it coming down to needing to hand hold.
Yeah ok we get randoms that muss around but I expect better from regulars.

Going to wait for directorate here before I really say anything further.

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
At the moment if you want to have personal chests then keep it at your village or ender chest.
But I am not going back to "_____'s private chest" EVERYWHERE with sticks and a few stacks of cobble in them.

BanSwift

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Then why not make an organized room for them?
Either way Crimson'll blow up the chests and You'll have a giant argument over who stole who's carrots and potatoes or who moved who's chests...(They can actually blow everything inside them up aswell). So enderchest,village,or seperate vault 50+ blocks away from the fort.

superhalo6

Reaction score
Either way Crimson'll blow up the chests and You'll have a giant argument over who stole who's carrots and potatoes or who moved who's chests...(They can actually blow everything inside them up aswell). So enderchest,village,or seperate vault 50+ blocks away from the fort.
Make an obsidian barrier around it and block it when Crimson attack or make it away from the Waypoint and make a railroad.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
The private chests were removed since people were simply placing them everywhere and creating a giagantic mess, you want to save something for the event, then keep it in your enderchest, or store it elsewhere. If you need something to fight off raids with, grab it out of the armoury. And if someone is taking a huge number of weapons and armour for no reason then let us know and we will deal with them.

superhalo6

Reaction score
Tm
The point being they can get into the vaults, and they get more powerful. Even if you block it up someone will leave it open...
Though Crimson can't break obsidian
And we can assign people to do it, even multiple.

The private chests were removed since people were simply placing them everywhere and creating a giagantic mess, you want to save something for the event, then keep it in your enderchest, or store it elsewhere. If you need something to fight off raids with, grab it out of the armoury. And if someone is taking a huge number of weapons and armour for no reason then let us know and we will deal with them.
Though we have a problem with no private chests anyway, take the armoury for example, all those signs "For the final battle, do not take."

Everyone took it all. Not even anything worthwhile to scavenge.

Last edited by a moderator:

BanSwift

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
superhalo6 That's the no claim rule again. No one else is allowed personal chests, so everyone has the right to help themselves. Considering people die, and then people don't return stuff. It's either that or don't have armour and walk around naked, or, you are being invaded by Crimson, you don't just stand their, you grab the first armour and weapons you see. Either way just have your own private bunker, like me, where you sleep and store backup stuff. That way they can't take everything, and it's protected from the Crimsons

Ps. Crimson raided and broke the chests (probably the reason behind half of the disappearance-they steal and raid, they get stronger the more they take).

superhalo6

Reaction score
superhalo6 That's the no claim rule again. No one else is allowed personal chests, so everyone has the right to help themselves. Considering people die, and then people don't return stuff. It's either that or don't have armour and walk around naked, or, you are being invaded by Crimson, you don't just stand their, you grab the first armour and weapons you see. Either way just have your own private bunker, like me, where you sleep and store backup stuff. That way they can't take everything, and it's protected from the Crimsons

Ps. Crimson raided and broke the chests (probably the reason behind half of the disappearance-they steal and raid, they get stronger the more they take).
You have to return stuff in that people who died dropped at the Waypoint, and we can't have personal bases at the Waypoint either, which causes problems that I mentioned in the main post.

superhalo6

Reaction score
'in' the waypoint. You're allowed them if they're far enough away.
But we could still have problems with the numerous things I mentioned in the main post (Crimson Raids, Invisible Archers, Mass murder of players)

Having personal chests at the Waypoint would make players more prepared to take down any of those problems as they would be there more often.

BanSwift

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
But we could still have problems with the numerous things I mentioned in the main post (Crimson Raids, Invisible Archers, Mass murder of players)

Having personal chests at the Waypoint would make players more prepared to take down any of those problems as they would be there more often.
Be my guest. When they destroy all your chests, bed and such don't blame me for not warning you. You're allowed them 50+ blocks away, so I emphasized on 'far'.

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Well my opinion is that personal chests isn't an option, cause when there is a crimson raid, there will surely be people whose chests are destroyed, meaning that the opticiens would be
A) less intensive raids (10 mobs instead of 100)
B) a special chestroom hidden from players (which will be unhidden during the fight of course)
C) a forbidden mobspawn room where players are only allowed to take stuff from specific "community playerchests" and the rest will be in locked and forbidden to even look in (meaning staff will have to watch it)

Why even bother making this thread if the server is closing soon lol

superhalo6

Reaction score
Be my guest. When they destroy all your chests, bed and such don't blame me for not warning you. You're allowed them 50+ blocks away, so I emphasized on 'far'.
Though we can take counter measures against this, again in the main post.

Why even bother making this thread if the server is closing soon lol
Getting stuff stolen is never fun, simple as that.

Last edited by a moderator: