Allowing symbols like @ and . in names.

Txboy1234

Reaction score
Now the point of this is that if you were to allow names with @ and . in the server you could possibly get a few more players in at a time. Since they have stopped allowing people to create a account with a real name you use your email address to make a mojang account. You're not supposed to be able to get into classic since they did this but if you change your server into allowing those symbols you can get these people to possibly join it.

Now you might be thinking that you don't want your email address shown. The thing about this is, it doesn't show your email address. Here is a example of what the username would look like. There are 3 names that are emails but you can't see the @______.com

As you can see your full email isn't shown. This isn't really needed but I thought we could give this a try and possibly see if this helps at all with activity.

Thoughts?

Mach9824

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
The only thing I think that should be noted about making your system WinX64, is I have noticed that when the occasional player with an email account as a name has joined, their name is show as something like lol123, but anything that invovles them in a server message such as an afk notice or a log out/in message, it includes the whole lol123@____.com

I thought I would just mention that so we don't run into complications later.