Allowed and Disallowed Mods

JohnOgozalek

Forever Shining
Reaction score
The following mods are disallowed on the Dusk of Discordia server, and have been deemed illegal by staff. Contact a staff member if you feel that this is wrong, or any mods that should be disallowed on the server. Usage of any of the mods below could lead to a ban, and/or a clearing of items on the server.

Disallowed mods:
  • Nodus, and any mod within it
  • Any form of X-ray (textures, modded clients)
  • Any PvP modifications
  • Any form of inventory modifying mechanism (Too Many Items, ect.)
  • Any mod that increases mining distance/speed
  • Auto-tool Switch
  • Smart Moving
  • Brightness Mod (Any brightness from 1-100% in vanilla is legal, anything more is not)
  • Any form of entity radar (must be turned off if you use Spoutcraft or Rei's)
  • Any form of chest/block/ore/spawner finder
  • Any form of program or macro that manipulates a users method of input to give an unfair advantage. e.g. Increasing mouse click speed (QuickFire Clicking)
  • Simply Hax
  • Any mod that organizes chests or inventories automatically
  • Any mod that displays health bars of other mobs/players
The following mods have been tested and cleared for use on the Dusk of Discordia server. Feel free to use them, but follow any exceptions to these mods, as there may be components that may have a mod such as the ones mentioned above.

Allowed mods:

• Convenient Inventory
  • HD Texture Patcher
  • iPixeli's Female Gender Mod
  • Mods intended to change aesthetics (HD water, shaders, etc.)
  • Mods intended to increase FPS and smooth FPS
  • Mods that benefit the player in clarity of speaking
  • Not Enough Items
  • Optifine
  • Optimine
  • Rei's Minimap (toggle entities radar and cave mapping off)
  • Spoutcraft (Some bundled Spoutcraft mods facilitate unfair advantages and must be disabled, see above)
  • Anti-Steve
  • Show Durability Mod (and anything alike)
  • Armor, Status and Direction HUD

If you believe either list is missing a mod, or a mod should go up for debate among staff, please contact a staff member to sort that out. Please also note that the mods in the "Disallowed" section are not limited to those only.

If there is an issue with this list regarding clarity or anything else, please contact superstein or SparklyMuffinz. Thanks!

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
The TukMC Mod is an HUD mod, Tough it shows Mob&Players' HP, Is this considered unallowed?
Its illegal: Lets say for example Danni killed JohnOghozalek just before and he has 4 hearts.
Without it you wouldn't attack Danni.
It gives advantage in PvP.
I can confirm its not allowed, mainly due to what raxo said. It gives you a great advantage in combat.

• Winner
  • Thank You
Reactions: Duffie and Notme

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
The TukMC Mod is an HUD mod, Tough it shows Mob&Players' HP, Is this considered unallowed?
Its illegal: Lets say for example Danni killed JohnOghozalek just before and he has 4 hearts.
Without it you wouldn't attack Danni.
It gives advantage in PvP.
I can confirm its not allowed, mainly due to what raxo said. It gives you a great advantage in combat.
Okay, luckily i can disable it via the configuration.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Most features of the HUD look legal, but the health bars are illegal.

I thought there was something about health bars being illegal on the regular thread, but guess not. I'll add it now, thanks for asking ;)

• Thank You
Reactions: Fiestaguy