Alkatraz

Reaction score
Ingame username:
alkatraz
Rank requested:
Operator

Would anyone be willing to reference you (players or staff):
Marnixxie
In less than 140 Characters, tell us about yourself.
I am a student studying Mathematics at university. In my free time I enjoy going out with my friends and relaxing on Minecraft.
What achievements are you most proud of?
The achievements I'm most proud of would most likely be my exam results over the course of my education.
What do you think your position entails?
The operator rank on SMP essentially involves playing the game as you normally would, farming, mining, chatting and helping people out with command and crafting recipe advice. The exception being in those circumstances where another player needs assistance with rules having been broken. In these situations, an Operator can help out by inspecting grief, stealing or other rules broken, and then issuing warnings, kicks or bans if necessary. In addition, an operator needs to vote on weekly voting forms and staff applications, and also reply to ban appeals where they have been part of the situation leading to the ban.

Given the likelihood that, there are 'other' candidates for this position - why should we pick you?
This question is less relevant now that the SMP server is established and there isn't a limited number of initial staff places. However, I have been a member of the community for over two years, in that time I have been a staff member on TNT from Trusted through Op, VetOp and now at the rank of Controller on TNT. Whilst this means I do have other server commitments, I am comfortable that I can be of assistance and meet the staffing requirements on both servers.
Unfortunately I have not had experience staffing on a Premium server, and until the previous map reset, I had little experience on Premium servers at all, but in the past couple of months I have got comfortable with the rules and commands on the SMP server, and feel I could easily transition over to additionally learning staff commands.
You get given six months to live, list the things you'd like to do.
Given six months to live, 2 of the many things I would like to do are: to visit more countries, having only been to a few and also knock a minute off my 10km time, as I am confident I can do it in 44:59.

Finally - how much time do you think you spent on this application and, do you think it is appropriate?:
I initially wrote this application in about 15 minutes about 3 weeks ago, leaving it untouched and unposted until I had finished my summer work. I then went over it and changed a few things, before posting it, so that it is nice and concise.

Q

Qube

+1. From past experience i know he is a great guy, great friend and a great staff member, you are active and very helpful on the server. I'm sure you would be an amazing SMP staff member!
Good luck!

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Largely level-headed person, and with having staffed with you over a year already, I know what you can, what you will, and how great job and experiences you will deliver to the SMP server.
You might not know most of the staffing commands yet, but you are a fast learner, and I am sure you can handle them in no time.
According to what you have written in your application, you know most of the job of an Operator on SMP.
So... I am completely fine with you in the staff.

chris360kss

Titless
Reaction score
I have seen you online quite often lately. It is a pleasure to talk to you and I see you helping whenever you get the chance. I would love to have you as apart the SMP staff!
+1

twangfizz

^ Pretend this is a capital
Reaction score
I don't see you much, but when I do, you usually seem helpful. Application seems very well written. +1

Status
Not open for further replies.