Status
Not open for further replies.

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
Subforum(s) you wish to moderate: Counter Strike: Global Offensive
Time-zone/Country of origin: America, GMT -6

Question - You see user and long-time administrator, Malcovent abusing his Admin powers by berating a user and insulting him publicly, how do you proceed?: I would contact him through something like Steam and ask what his thought process was, if it's too bad of abuse, I'd obviously get other Admins in on it. I'd gather as much screenshots and other proof I could get just in case he would delete his posts.

Question - An argument breaks out in a thread, both sides have some valid points but ultimately it is derailing the thread and starting a flamewar, how do you proceed?: I would temporarily lock the thread, with a post stating the thread is being locked for [x] minutes or so while we clean the thread up. Once the thread is clear of flamewar material, the thread would be re-opened. If it got too intense by the time a Mod could get to it, the users involved would get a PM saying not to start a flamewar again or risk Forum warnings.

Question - A user publicly contests with your decision as a moderator, with a public post disagreeing about your decision regarding a moderator action, how do you proceed? I would calmly present my case to the user, and politely ask them to take the rest of the conversation, should there be any, to a PM with me so we can discuss it more in-depth there.

Mock question - GmK is drunk and threatening to delete the forums, tell him your favorite joke so as to distract him: I would make him watch this video and hope it distracts him long enough to save the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.