Advertising. Where is it?

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Because nobody can be bothered, nothing happened 8 months ago and nothing will happen because they're all talk but no actions these days, been the same for a long time.
So same shit since 5 years ago lol - all we did was survive destruction of Classic.

Of course we had nice servers up and down but we did nothing, that worked to find new source of players.

And firefox failed agan here - had to post with internet explorer >.>

• Haha
Reactions: Poe

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
Hello, sorry for the late-ish reply. I somewhat went over this on discord - but I’d like to detail it a bit more on the forums so everyone who is viewing this thread can read it also. First and foremost - thank you Psycho, for pointing me to all these resources, I do know they are important and I do apologize for my lackluster performance. I had been finishing up my school year once I was promoted - getting ready for my last year of highschool. I got caught up studying for Exams, finishing schoolwork, and making sure my grades were up to par with my expectations. I sincerely do apologize for all of this, and I promise you will see my 100% effort in these upcoming months.

Social Media (Twitter & Facebook) are really important in my books. I am definitely putting my full attention to these. My plan is to get a group of people interested in Social Media, and have them run the accounts directly - this will (hopefully) make the social media accounts a lot more active, and have more content. I also have started messing with adspace on Twitter & Facebook, but thats kinda subtle and a lot of people don’t realize that's going on. I have started to get a few people who were interested in helping with social media, but I plan on releasing a form so that people can apply for it. This will all be detailed in a post coming next week.

Youtube / Twitch are very interesting. I think it's a fun way of connecting with our user base (especially livestreaming). I have a video planned though, I’ve been talking to an admin about it and we will be getting to work on it soon. I have a few video makers in the current team I have built now (GOODYSMOODY, Iggish) that will be providing content also once I start talking to them about it.

Streaming is gonna be fun! You gave me the idea of having a Streamer rank on our discord, and I liked that idea - I went further and introduced our first official EscapeRestart streamers (Vino, FreakyCupcake, Zel). They have been streaming pretty daily, and you can tell when they go live in #feed on discord. I have a logo that they can overlay on their stream, and am planning a layout so it can be somewhat uniform across our streamers. I also personally wanted to start streaming on our YouTube page since they offer that now. I am planning on opening applications for this also next week.

I think our subreddit could be useful in some ways. It’s pretty dead atm and hasn’t been used in ages - to the point I wasn’t even aware of it. I want to talk to superstein about handing it over to me though so I can start working with it - as we could use it to slightly advertise videos and other content. I also will be doing weekly adverts on /r/mcservers from now on starting this weekend. I am working on the post now and scheduling it so that it’ll be up and ready.

The steam group is really useful for advertising our events, especially events that aren’t MC. I have used it before when we did DarkRP - but we haven’t really done anything outside of MC since. I do hope on more non-MC related events soon though, as these are a great way to pull in new players. I could also start posting our news updates on Steam like we used to, it shouldn’t be too hard.

I think as of now voting is very lackluster, especially in rewards. Some of our community doesn’t even play on MC that often - so they have no reason to really vote. I’ve been talking to the Advertising team about it though, and we’ve had a few plans thrown up in the air. I am thinking rewards out of MC for top voters (Steam Games / Codes, etc) would be an interesting idea. I also would like to talk to the admins about implementing top voter rewards into all their servers.

With all of that, I hope this answered most of the questions anyone has been having - and please, if you have any more questions, have ideas, or even want to help out, don’t be scared to PM me. I’m always willing to talk to someone about my plans and actions :).

Because nobody can be bothered, nothing happened 8 months ago and nothing will happen because they're all talk but no actions these days, been the same for a long time.
Very ironic coming from someone who promised this community prizes then just up and left without handing out one prize with 0 response.

Not that that makes any of this okay (because it’s not staff should be actively doing things for this community), but I can at least give explanation and reason behind what's going on - and apologize. I don’t know why you left and what happened - but ever since then all you have done is come here and make snarky / rude remarks and pointing out everyone else's flaws and mistakes. You can criticize us all you want, you're free to do that - and I'm willing to take it fully, but if you're just gonna laze on the forums and only take snarky shots every once in a while, it loses its power.

If that’s all you’re here to do Friendy - then please find somewhere else to do it. There's a difference between being negative and criticizing someone or something. There’s no need for so much negativity in this community, and that’s what kills it.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Hex uh, don't know what you're playing at here but this thread was a subtle way to Advertise links to the different sites that EscapeRestart has posted on.

You should probably make a proper thread for what you posted cause this worries me:
(because it’s not staff should be actively doing things for this community)

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
Hex uh, don't know what you're playing at here but this thread was a subtle way to Advertise links to the different sites that EscapeRestart has posted on.

You should probably make a proper thread for what you posted cause this worries me:
Im aware of what this was, i just came here since i was being tagged and some people might (or were) get the wrong idea from this. I know this was nothing bad or anything, and I do thank you for listing all these out and showing everybody what we have. I just want to make sure everything is completely clear to everyone.

That quote means "we as staff have to actively work on this community". I worded that a bit funny in the quote you put up, my apologies - I wrote this at 6 AM :p