[Advertising] If not now, when?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Advertising -- something that this Community really needs to work on. I don't know if the Admins have started or figured out ways to advertise for this community, but I don't think it would hurt to get input/ideas from everyone such as where to advertise, graphics, what else?

I'm just going to Create! a general list of things that I know of right now so basically think of them as options that we should be advertising in.

Social Media - Advertising for all Game Servers:
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCExqNnDNHn6eNPFhd0_SqsA
Twitter - https://twitter.com/blocktopia https://twitter.com/escaperestart
Twitch
reddit - http://www.reddit.com/r/blocktopia
Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/EscapeRestart/

Minecraft
We don't really have a presence in any of the other minecraft forums and I think we should. I have considered posting stuff awhile back, but most of the rules in any of the sites that I visited say that "A server admin would have to submit a server to our list"

Planet Minecraft - (found this) http://www.planetminecraft.com/forums/post1799792.html#p1799792
Minecraft Forum -
Any Minecraft server list site...

Other Games
I don't know of any sites for these games that have something similar to Minecraft's PMC, MF, or servers list.

Graphics
The only official graphics that the community seems to have is the ESC logo for the forums and the logo used in the Steam Community group. How I see it is that any and all logos used to represent the community should be the same unless they need to be edited to fit a certain image limit for each site that's being advertised in. Essentially stick with the same font and the arrow.

I think that there are a few other people on here that like to mess with graphic design and stuff, so it would be nice to see what they can come up with in terms of providing graphics for each site as some sites require certain sizes.

HQ logo
Logo used in Steam​

And this is what I've done for Create! for whenever I record builds (I'd really like a high quality version of the ESC logo to replace it with the current one).

RoF

Graphics - Banners
PMC, MF, and Minecraft servers list sites would probably need banners which would have to be a specific size. I know that I've done some before, but they weren't as great. What really needs to be considered for this is the information that's placed in the banners. Also, they could either be just one image or a gif.
Other games probably utilize banners as well..

Who's going to advertise?
No idea, but there could probably be another one of those rank applications for advertising?

What else?
If you have any ideas, then feel free to post them!

Last edited:

snowma

Dwarf
Donor
Reaction score
We have a Blocktopia Twitter account. I've just had a quick peek and I think ESCRestart and EscapeRestart are both free to steal if Twitter's gonna be a thing.

• Informative
Reactions: Psycho

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Much like how TeamSpeak and the sub-forums are getting branch moderation, it might be more appealing and less time consuming on the administration to delegate Promotional duties (Otherwise Public Relations or PR). Something like a PR committee.

This way the PR staff would have only one duty and responsibility as server staff involvement may take precedence. Not that an individual with a prior obligation to a server couldn't commit to a PR position have you. Rather there would be less interference with annual duties.

I for one consider PR services and duties to be a cornerstone of any working community/company and would much prefer someone to have their entire focus on that. With focus set on the development of strategies along side certain promotional methods done correctly and professionally could in fact expand the community much farther.

It could very well have its own forum aside from the public view, much like the moderator section.
This way information is passed directly from one hand to another via server administration and the PR committee in said forum.
An open discussion of the way the administration hopes to see it introduced into popular media and the opinion of those into the direct pulse(or one would hope somewhere near the pulse) of current social medium.

The structure would be a simple flow:
For large scale announcements
-------------------------------------------------------
Administration individuals post their information
PR reps discuss strategies to provide the best outlets and most traffic
Administration approve the promotional materials
Profit
------------------------------------------------------------------------

For smaller updates and hotfixes it could just be an immediate pass to the PR personnel.

Unless a server admin would prefer to handle the promotions themselves.

I believe it would be in the best interest if the individuals who conduct the posts on twitter and the like are limited to as few people as possible which would limit those having access to the accounts. Security in a sense.

Either way sorry for this large block of text, this is just sort of a situational and objective example and concept of how I see promotional relations improving for the community. I have other concepts, but I've already posted more then enough for the time being.

Reaction score
Here is the high-res version of the logo, i can also provide a .PSD file if anyone wants it.
And as Baker93 and superstein knows i will always be available to help with creating banners and such because i love doing stuff like that, but having it be a community effort/a team of people to help create needed graphics/work on ideas together for the community would be pretty damn sweet.
Also agree that we need to start advertising as soon as possible (Maybe when all the new servers are up and running?)

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
snowma
I just tried to create a twitter account with EscapeRestart, but it seems like that name was taken.

Lee_scar
I agree with your full post. It would be nice to see a small group of people that are committed to advertising for this server and can basically keep things updated through any of the social media options or websites that they choose to advertise into. I know that Ogarci's post in that PMC link was done in 2013 -- It would have been nice if it were updated every other month with all of the updates that RoF has been through. Another thing, if we did have advertiser ranks then they should also consider getting the community involved in adding reviews/posts to the threads that they started in other websites. Also, at least one person from each game server--for instance, I wouldn't know what to do with GMOD or CSGO stuff, should be part of the advert team-- maybe staff from there or someone that's knowledgeable about the game can get stuff going for that.

Qube and Digitalmez
Both of you were actually the only people that I could think of that seem to do graphic design on here. So yeah, you guys would be great with doing this type of stuff!

Also, I decided to create an EscapeRestart Google account with the intention of starting up a Youtube channel. What's neat is that you can add Managers to the Youtube channel who can upload videos and edit stuff on there through their own Google account. After graphics and details are decided on by the Admin, then maybe anyone interested in uploading and promoting content in the EscapeRestart youtube channel could say that they are on here.. or something.

Overall, I think it would be nice to get some Admin input on this first.

• Agree
Reactions: myusername22

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I know that Ogarci's post in that PMC link was done in 2013
I remember this, and I went back to look at some of the posts we have on both planet minecraft and the minecraft forum.

This doesn't do the server any kind of Justice. Server looks old and outdated, if anyone is looking at this they will think the server is not just old, but is probably already dead.

Look at this! This is beyond sad, if anyone sees this they are going to think this is a long dead server that is past forgotten. This misinforms anyone reading the page and makes our community look bad. The server states it is 1.4 ( come on, it's 1.8 already....) and the last online ping was over a year ago.

I know from experience this isn't the only example of where community content we put out becomes outdated, and I think this shows an advertising team is necessary. Ontop of this if we had an advertising team constantly looking over this stuff and trying to keep it as up to date as possible we might actually be able to get word out to more people.

I'm sorry if psycho already covered this, but I wanted to point out how big of a problem this really is.

Last edited:

snowma

Dwarf
Donor
Reaction score
snowma
I just tried to create a twitter account with EscapeRestart, but it seems like that name was taken.

Lee_scar
I agree with your full post. It would be nice to see a small group of people that are committed to advertising for this server and can basically keep things updated through any of the social media options or websites that they choose to advertise into. I know that Ogarci's post in that PMC link was done in 2013 -- It would have been nice if it were updated every other month with all of the updates that RoF has been through. Another thing, if we did have advertiser ranks then they should also consider getting the community involved in adding reviews/posts to the threads that they started in other websites. Also, at least one person from each game server--for instance, I wouldn't know what to do with GMOD or CSGO stuff, should be part of the advert team-- maybe staff from there or someone that's knowledgeable about the game can get stuff going for that.

Qube and Digitalmez
Both of you were actually the only people that I could think of that seem to do graphic design on here. So yeah, you guys would be great with doing this type of stuff!

Also, I decided to create an EscapeRestart Google account with the intention of starting up a Youtube channel. What's neat is that you can add Managers to the Youtube channel who can upload videos and edit stuff on there through their own Google account. After graphics and details are decided on by the Admin, then maybe anyone interested in uploading and promoting content in the EscapeRestart youtube channel could say that they are on here.. or something.

Overall, I think it would be nice to get some Admin input on this first.
That would be because a cheeky someone has now set up the account. They've linked it to the forums. :)

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Hey! So so sorry I didn't remove those a LONG time ago. I completely forgot about them.

Ive removed the PMC one entirely and am trying to gain access to whatever account I used to post that other one on minecraft forums to remove that one too..

• Haha
Reactions: Malcovent and Notme

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Hey! So so sorry I didn't remove those a LONG time ago. I completely forgot about them.

I've removed the PMC one entirely and am trying to gain access to whatever account I used to post that other one on minecraft forums to remove that one too..
Mistakes/forgetting to do stuff happens to even best of us :)

At least its better removed later than never.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.