[Adventure] The Tourist.

Calfish

A&T Fiesh
Reaction score

Type of Map:It's an adventure map.

Amount of Players: Singleplayer.

Link to the Map:http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/966582-adventure-map-the-tourist-160-000-dl-12-updated/

Why do you think this map will make a good addition?In my opinion it's one of the best adventure maps out there, the only issue might be the length.

Has this map been tested thoroughly? (Proof if possible!)Yes, I've played it myself to test it and it has many playtrough videos.

Fill in the following template:
difficulty: Peaceful # Choose between normal/easy/hard/peaceful
blockBreakMode: false # false = blockBreak is list of blocks you CANT break, true = blockBreak is list of blocks you CAN break
blockBreak: # A list of blocks you can either break or not break. Make the list in the same way as the default with 2 spaces and a '-'
-Only when said so.
blockPlaceMode: true # false = blockPlace is list of blocks you CANT place, true = blockPlace is list of blocks you CAN place
blockPlace: # A list of blocks you can either place or not place. Make the list in the same way as the default with 2 spaces and a '-'
-Only when said so.
enableAdminMode: false # false = This world is not being checked when players place blocks wheter or not that specifik location is allowed, true = Location IS checked
creeper: false # true = spawn creepers, false = disable creepers
enderman: false # true = spawn enderman, false = disable enderman
zombie: false # true = spawn zombie, false = disable zombie
skeleton: false # true = spawn skeleton, false = disable skeleton
spider: false # true = spawn spider, false = disable spider
mobs: true # true = enable all mobs, false = disable all mobs
vechiledestroy: true # true = players can destroy vehicles, false = players cannot destroy vehicles
paintingbreak: true # true = players can break paintings, false = players cannot destroy paintings
I hape it will be added. Many people will enjoy this epic adventure.

Reactions: JKangaroo

Sploorky

Reaction score
What this map does well:
It's an amazing map. I enjoyed it a lot, and I don't often enjoy adventure maps.

What this map doesn't do so well:
Unfortunately, it has one big problem. It centers around religion and the end of the world. As you can imagine, this is an extremely risky subject. In fact, in part 5 of our Terms of Service, it specifically says no discussions about religion. After talking it over with Dragosh, the flame wars that could start from this map makes it too risky to put on the server.

Should this map be accepted?
No

Extra Comments:
I really do like the map, it just isn't for the server.

• Agree
Reactions: Prizyms and Notme

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
What this map does well:
The mape is quite unique, it being the first 'Paris Adventure Map' that I've seen; after checking out some videos of it I believe that I'd enjoy the map.

I honestly don't see any faults with it.

Should this map be accepted?:
Yes

Extra Comments: Sploorky Where does it talk about religion in the map?

Calfish

A&T Fiesh
Reaction score
What this map does well:
The mape is quite unique, it being the first 'Paris Adventure Map' that I've seen; after checking out some videos of it I believe that I'd enjoy the map.

I honestly don't see any faults with it.

Yes

Extra Comments: Sploorky Where does it talk about religion in the map?
It's in a church the whole time, God is talking to you becouse you need to safe yourself against the end of the world and Satan is involved.

I don't see a flamewar happening out of it though.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
It's in a church the whole time, God is talking to you becouse you need to safe yourself against the end of the world and Satan is involved.

I don't see a flamewar happening out of it though.
I agree, It is just a part of the theme of the map, it isn't as if It is saying 'God isn't real' or 'God is real', I can't see users being all like 'Wow this map has god in it wtf not playing this'.

• Agree
Reactions: Calfish

Sploorky

Reaction score
AngelWV said:
Where does it talk about religion in the map?
I haven't played through the entire map yet, but the most religious line I saw went something like this:
"God had a bet with Satan for all the human souls that mankind would follow the Ten Commandments. The deadline was 1012.

Obviously Satan won."

That line alone could offend some people. With a playerbase that is mostly around 13 years of age, talking about religion in a map could easily cause problems. While I don't think we are going to get many arguments on the server, I could imagine people complaining on the forums, or perhaps just leaving the server altogether.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I haven't played through the entire map yet, but the most religious line I saw went something like this:
"God had a bet with Satan for all the human souls that mankind would follow the Ten Commandments. The deadline was 1012.

Obviously Satan won."

That line alone could offend some people. With a playerbase that is mostly around 13 years of age, talking about religion in a map could easily cause problems. While I don't think we are going to get many arguments on the server, I could imagine people complaining on the forums, or perhaps just leaving the server altogether.
If they did, they can always talk to us.

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
What this map does well:
It's quite a nifty adventure map. It's very well constructed and i'm sure players will have a fun time playing it.

What this map doesn't do so well: Nothing that I notice.

Yes

Extra Comments: Honestly, I would give the map a chance to see how players view it as and if they like it. As far as I know, the only people who would argue about this is people who are insanely religious, which I highly doubt there are any players that are. The concept of the map isn't ALL about religion afterall, and it shouldn't end up in a religious discussion because of this map. if any sort of complaint that comes from a a player who plays this map because of its religious views, they can always take it to the Guides/Organisers/Dragosh. If it ends up turning into an argument or a rant because of the religious content that the map contains, then action may be taken against it.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
What this map does well:
The map looks like it could be fun due to the Paris setting.

The religious setting may start some arguments.

Maybe, highly leaning towards No.

Extra Comments: This map will probably start some arguments due to the line that Sploorky quoted.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
What this map does well:
Great map, has some good builds and a seemingly good plot.

The religious part of it, and because it is an adventure map there isn't really any downsides to it.

Yes

Extra Comments: I think that we could fix the spawn a bit back and make a little board noting that the storyline involves religion and those who may be offended should not play it. This would give the server a good map with most likely less complaints that might come from it.

Stretford01

Out of this World
Reaction score
What this map does well:

Extra Comments: This map will probably start some arguments due to the line that Sploorky quoted.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
What this map does well:

Might I add that users can easily submit their POV to one of us, or even Dragosh98 on the map. If they feel that the map shouldn't be on the server, or it offends them in some way, then I'd say the map should be taken off; But not giving it a chance because it has religion in it also has its own down sides. We aren't allowing a map that is actually quite good and has decent game-play to be on the server without asking the users whether they would be offended, remember, we cannot decide for them. For all we know they may actually enjoy the map and nobody will argue (I extremely doubt arguments will start over it)

LEGOMAN2134

Reaction score
As a Player of many maps on A&T i don't know why someone WOULDN'T play this. Because it's base of religion I still wouldn't mind. It just makes the adventure more of an adventure. A story is just a story why would anyone be offended. If someone says it's an awesome map....But we should take the main story away probably doesn't make the map awesome.
Take this as a reference I still wouldn't find that bad
Captian Sparkles played a "religious map"

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Am I allowed to post here? If not tell me.
Just wanted to leave my opinion about the religious part of this map. No reason to not submit a map to the server only because it's a church. Any religious messages on signs should probably be removed though, but I see no problem with the building itself.