Declined admin apply Markskills

markskills

Reaction score
Dear Sir/Madam,

What is your steam username/ID: my steam name is markskills my id is: ID_0:1:43877794

What timezone are you in: amsterdam CEST

Do you have any previous staffing experience? yes, i have staff experience of minecraft and i was a owner of a minecraft server i have been a admin on a gmod server but the server finance where not that great so they had to shut down there server.

How often are you able to play on the server? i try to get on the server every day but you cannot always be there.

Why do you want to be a TTT moderator? i want to be a moderator because every time i am on the server and you have some rookies that have joined the server you say the rules after they did something wrong but you have always people that just look on the player list and they see no admin then they just can free rdm in every round and it is always when i am online and there are no admins.

What do you believe the responsibilities of being a TTT moderator are? you need to be the example so rookies won't do it ever agoin and punish the people that the server not worth because a server need to be fun make new friend you like some people you don't like just nice to you but you can come to one door i would say. i dont expect that it is going to be easy so i am prepeard for the worst.

What qualities do you have that make you suitable for being a TTT moderator? i am honest and kind as long the players are kind to me.

What would you say your biggest strength and weakness are? my strenght is that i hold to my promisses if i said something that i would do then i will do it, my weakness is that i often play with my feeling what is wrong to do because you should not be carried away by your feelings.

Do you have anything else you would like to say? i hope i've told you enough and that you have enough information to get to a answer.

yours faitfully,

Markskills/Mark Mathijsen

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Enderfive and Notme

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
According to game tracker you only have 65 hours playtime on the server, which is somewhat limited, likewise your English isn't great and this app is hard to read so maybe you want to get some help writing it, also your reasons do seem to be lacking especially your strengths and weaknesses.
Goodluck.

markskills

Reaction score
okay thank you for your reaction and i will look into it and i am going to edit it. and for the record i have played garry's mod for 200 hours and 65 hours which were on escape restart.

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
okay thank you for your reaction and i will look into it and i am going to edit it. and for the record i have played garry's mod for 200 hours and 65 hours which were on escape restart.
Usually our mods have over 100 hours playtime, also, you say you have 200 hours on Gmod but you previously said you were staff on a gmod server prior? That doesn't seem very mutch play time to be an admin :/

Reaction score
Thanks for the application, reading through the apllication i came across a few things, first one being this: like Aqua says, your english isn't that great, but as a fellow dutchman i am able to understand you though.

Second thing:
What qualities do you have that make you suitable for being a TTT moderator? i am honest and kind as long the players are kind to me.
This is wrong, really wrong, players won't be kind to you, and they won't agree with you all the time, if you cant handle people not being kind to you then you are gonna have a hard time as an admin.

Also, your strengths are very basic and i feel like keeping your word should be a strength by default, what makes you special? tell us.

For now i'm going with a -1 because i know you are a kind guy and you respect the rules, but i'm not sure if you're ready to be a moderator yet.

Best of luck <3

Love,

KJ

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
What is it with dutch people applying for ttt staff......
what is it with dutch people and existing amirite, now pls don't derail this app thnx

Personally I think you should atleast play on the server for another 4-5 weeks before re-applying, I don't think you have enough time or have the right mind set as of now ;)

• Optimistic
Reactions: Mastersten

prime105

prime
Reaction score
I have to agree with the rest that your English isn't the best and I have to agree with kjelles that people won't be kind to you people will have different opinions about some stuff and also your strength doesn't really speak to me, but you have some experience on moderator stuff which is good but sadly I'm going with a -1

Red Guy

Reaction score
According to game tracker you only have 65 hours playtime on the server, which is somewhat limited, likewise your English isn't great and this app is hard to read so maybe you want to get some help writing it, also your reasons do seem to be lacking especially your strengths and weaknesses.
Goodluck.
I think the Playtime on the Server shouldn't count as much as you rate it Aqua. 65 hours is enough Time to know the Rules and the People, i know you have really much Playtime (9th Place) on the Server but that doesn't mean that you should just judge People partially through their Playtime. I wrote this Comment not because i disrepect you as a Member but because you brought this Point up the last 3 times someone wrote an Application. Now i don't want to say that it is completely unnecessary to mention the Playtime and i can understand when you bring it up on someone who only has 20 Hours of Playtime, but i think 50-60 Hours are enough to become a Trial Staff on the Escape Restart TTT Community Server

Greetings Blue

EpicTehMovie

Reaction score
i need to agree with the rest and give you a 0. because alot of times people won't be nice to you and at those moments it will be very hard for you to be a admin. although you are a nice guy and mayby if you change that attitude you will be a good admin. ill suggest applying again later.

fly

Reaction score
From the first glance of your application, it looks like you haven't added near enough detail others have and your answers just look brief. I then read it and can see that your English isn't at it's finest, but I understand why and can push that aside for now, but I found a little hard to read at times,but I got there in the end.

^^ This is one of the worst answers I have honestly ever seen. You state that you'll only be kind to other players if they're kind to you, which is one of the worst qualities you could possibly have. You can't expect to be an admin and not get the occasional bad character, mouthing you off and driving you round the bend, but for you to deal with that situation, you must be able to stay calm and civilised and not handling in the wrong way. You must be nice to everyone and handle certain situations appropriately.

I'm going to have to give you a -1 for you. You may want to add more detail and ask for help with your English so that your application is easier to read. I know you're a lovely guy and it's great you had the courage to apply, but for now, you just don't tick the required boxes.

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
Sorry, but I'm not entirely convinced on your ability to be a moderator, and I agree with fly on a lot of things she's said. You still seem very "young" in the community, and personally I don't often recall seeing you online (maybe due to timezones). I'm going to go with a -1.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Pika's away so everyone has now responded, so...

Hi markskills, thanks for applying.

So as you can see you've unfortunately received a score of -4 from the others, meaning that unfortunately your application is denied for now. I'll just give my own thoughts - firstly, I don't think you put a lot of effort into your application. There are quite a few spelling errors that you could have double checked and your answers aren't very clear sometimes, such as where you say "a server need to be fun make new friend you like some people you don't like just nice to you but you can come to one door i would say." I think in future, since English isn't your main language, maybe share your answers with somebody to help you make your points really clear, as some others have already said. The others also pointed out about you saying "i am honest and kind as long the players are kind to me." being quite worrying which I also agree with; I think before you become a moderator you should really work on this and make it no longer an issue because as a moderator you're sometimes going to struggle to keep everyone happy and not everyone will treat you with respect but you'd be expected to still treat them with respect and help them and everyone else to have an enjoyable time on the server. Lastly, like others have also pointed out, I don't think your strength was very well thought-out and I think you have other strengths that will effect you being a moderator more than being able to keep promises which, like camel said, is usually something expected of moderators by default, as you need to be trustworthy. So overall I don't think your application did you much good this time around, unfortunately.

However, putting all that negativity aside, don't let this stop you from re-applying in the future. You're a great guy mark and it's really great you want to volunteer to help us out with keeping the server fun, but right now we just don't think you're quite ready to become a moderator. If you are planning on re-applying, really take some time to think about what it means to be a moderator and the feedback you've received and work on what we've brought up, and if you do that then there's still a chance you could become a moderator and help us out sometime if you still want to.

So, with all that said, sorry mark but this application is denied. Feel free to re-apply in two weeks time.