Addition to gamemodes ??

Sam_Winchester

Donor
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
How about adding this to some rounds?
  • Toxic Air - air depleates health faster
  • Meteorites- self explanatory, players encoraged to build underground with tough materials.
  • Cold Water- Like back in the days, water will freeze/kill.
  • Earthquake- earth splints if covered in dirt.
:) I obviously have no idea how to even make some of these possible, but you might find a way.

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
All of these seem quite fun but I'm not sure if they'd work on RoF.

Toxic air
I don't really see how this would work. Air depletes health faster? Define air? Outside air, air above a certain y level, air that isn't in a house? Seems like it would be hard/laggy to determine which air should be toxic and which air shouldn't be.

Meteorites
I really like the idea of this, but there are a few problems that come with it. First and probably most importantly, most maps aren't designed with something like this in mind. Some maps have spawns underground (so they're already safe from meteors), others have no real way to dig down (so no one would be safe from meteors). I imagine we would also get complains due to people dying and not liking the unpredictability of where meteors would fall. I'm not sure how hard it would be to code-- but I doubt it would be easy.

Cold water
This has been suggested multiple times and denied each time. Most reasons can be summed up by the following:
- Most maps already have water, which would conflict and break things
- We get enough lag with lava, which is opaque. Water is not opaque. The rendering lag for some would probably be even worse.
- Has been attempted a few times but didn't go well

In short, yes we all like this idea and I think pretty much all RoF players & staff would like to see something like this but it's not something that could realistically get added.

Earthquake
This feels similar to the meteors and just like those, I think it would be hard to code and people would get confused. It's also bound to not work on some maps or do weird stuff on certain bits of maps.

I "kind of" like all of these ideas but don't think any of them could really get added to the game. However, I'm a fan of random challenges/events during rounds-- small things which require you to play the game slightly differently. But I don't think those should happen every round, nor should they occur randomly. They should be announced when the round begins.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Toxic air: blocks receiving sunlight, same as solitude, I'd imagine
Meteorites: drop primed tnt from the sky that detonates on impact every few minutes, scaring the shit out of players lmao
maybe add flaming arrows for ambience

both would work as modifiers to a normal lava round, dunno about the rest.