Suggestion [Added] "trusted" rank

Urban

Reaction score
Chandler Bing asked me to suggest this, so here we are, 3 suggestions within 2 days.

Sometimes it happens that the server has like 10+ people on, but no moderator. this can be very annoying, since you just gotta hope everyone plays fair and doesnt rdm. this barely happens though (latest situation with "bernice", camel and some other players with know what im talking about).

I was talking to Chandler and he actually liked the suggestion i made: create a "trusted" rank on the server.

The truster rank explained:
This rank is given to a person that is trusted by the admins to hold the votekick/voteban command. Basically its not a moderator/admin, but he/she is capable of creating votekicks/bans to get rid of mass rdmers when no admins are online.

This person is to appointed by the current TTT staff.

Greetz,

Urban

Urban

Reaction score
also they need votesnr (vote slay nextround)
disagree, the voteban/votekick is just there to get rid of RDMers, but with votesnr theres gonna be a vote every single round for all the small rdm that happened, and youre just creating admin-light versions.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I mean or he/she could just apply to be mod since we literally don't have a cap on mods so apply as much as you like, if you're worthy of trusted surely ur worthy of mod too.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I mean or he/she could just apply to be mod since we literally don't have a cap on mods so apply as much as you like, if you're worthy of trusted surely ur worthy of mod too.
This was something I initially thought too but the trusted rank would just be for super obvious situations where someone needs to be kicked, such as constant mass RDM, so the trusted person can hold a vote to ask "Hey guys should we kick this person?" as opposed to handling each and every report with their own judgement alone as a moderator would do, so basically anyone we see as trustworthy enough to not abuse the command and understand when it needs to be used could use it as opposed to having to handle reports and a variety of incidents like a moderator does if that makes sense.

This whole trusted thing was something I was going to suggest at the start of the server when we had like 3 admins but back then I had no idea who we could give it to so nothing ever happened, and then we got more admins so it wasn't really needed, but now the server is so popular it's not hugely rare that there are people online without an admin, so maybe this trusted thing could be beneficial now?

An issue would be that the Trusted people wouldn't be able to rank up through the usual ranks (Regular, Resident etc.), just like admin wouldn't, so whether or not people interested in being trusted would want that or not I don't know.

But yeah more people's opinions please :D

Reaction score
Kick wont help for shit, just saying people will stop when they cant play, hence slays work better, or voteban that should be restricted to 1 hour or so

On the other hand though, like Aqua says, its basicly the same as having an extra mod, not all trusted people are always on, same goes for moderators it wont make a difference unless you have a huge trusted team

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Also vote bans don't work and never work, they haven't in the past because A@ not everyone votes as they: Don't care, Are AFK, or are in on it, either way I think this is useless.

jaku

Reaction score
Kick wont help for shit, just saying people will stop when they cant play, hence slays work better, or voteban that should be restricted to 1 hour or so

On the other hand though, like Aqua says, its basicly the same as having an extra mod, not all trusted people are always on, same goes for moderators it wont make a difference unless you have a huge trusted team
I believe that kicks do help more than slays in many cases. guests that come on randomly just to RDM won't try to find our server again but just pick the first server that isn't german.

Urban

Reaction score
Shameless bump.

I really do think this has potential, and you can always try it out, just give around 3 people trusted rank (with voteban) and see how it works out. You can always remove it if you think it doesnt do any good.

Reaction score
Not that I play much anymore so I don't know how this rank has trialled buuuut

I hope you've given the rank access to the reports since it's very unfair to pass judgement without taking into account all factors of the situation. Unless it is blatant mass RDM of course.

• Agree
Reactions: jaku

jaku

Reaction score

I hope you've given the rank access to the reports since it's very unfair to pass judgement without taking into account all factors of the situation. Unless it is blatant mass RDM of course.
this

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score

Well the whole idea of trusted is just to deal with mass RDM and the larger issues, otherwise as stated previously, they may as well just be admin because they'd need to be trained in how to handle every situation and use damage log etc. and it'd be kind of pointless not to just give them full admin after all that \o/

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
This idea has definitely been a success so I think we're keeping it long-term - at least while we have a lack of admins. If you would like to become Trusted let me know.

Thank you to everyone who volunteered to become Trusted to trial this.