Suggestion [Added] Addition to rules

Urban

Reaction score
Hey y'all,

-----------
Before you read this, i just want to say i have 800+ hours as a mod/admin, and changed the rules over 20 times to make it perfect, i just want to leave some suggestions for your current !motd
------------

The rules should be complete and a guideline for all new players and moderators/admins to make clear what is expected from the player and from the people that have to use the rules to give the right punishment.

In my opinion, i find the rules lacking, and it certainly could use some additions/new rules. Below i will mention everything that i see flawed with the rules.

Rules/parts of rules that should be discussed/added in my opinion:

- The detective problem. I dont see anything mentioned about it, and im really confused about it. Are detectives allowed to give orders (ex. Go to the tester)? is ignoring a order from the detective KOSable? This should definitely go in the rules.

- Language. Pretty obvious one, it doesnt state anywhere that youre forced to talk english, so would be great to add in the rules that only english is allowed.
(sorry camel ive teased you enough with this one already ; )

- No teaming. A pretty common unspoken rule but your !motd should contain everything. just mention in it that any form of teaming (helping T's on purpose as inno) is allowed.

- Destroying the tester as inno. Is it allowed to destroy the tester as inno? is it not allowed to destroy the tester as inno? can it be considered as a KOSable thing? it doesnt mention it anywhere, but should be nice to include it in there.

- Propkilling. it says you cant propkill as a spectator, but is it allowed to propkill as a player? can propkilling be seen as a KOSable act? there should be something mentioned about this.

And some more minor questions/suggestions i had about the rules that should be added in (some are obvious but should be included anyways):
- Spam should not be allowed (micspam, chatspam)
- Dont kill anyone that broke the rules as revenge
- Ignoring staff is not allowed
- Mention something about recording (ex. recording is only allowed if you have approval)
- Admins/moderators always have the last word and are always right (arent they ; )
- Mention something about blocking (ex. blocking doors, blocking doors by repeatedly opening and closing it, blocking lifts, stairways etc)

And obviously, the most cheeky last one: By playing on this server you agree to all its rules and that you have read them. (just put this at the top)

If you guys actually care about the suggestions i made, i have a document with a complete set of rules, completely water tight, contains everything in it, but dont wanna share it yet ; )

Greetz,

Urban

• Agree
Reactions: prime105

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions! I just have a few initial comments:
Destroying the tester as inno. Is it allowed to destroy the tester as inno? is it not allowed to destroy the tester as inno? can it be considered as a KOSable thing? it doesnt mention it anywhere, but should be nice to include it in there.
This is already on the list as a Traitorous Act.
- Propkilling. it says you cant propkill as a spectator, but is it allowed to propkill as a player? can propkilling be seen as a KOSable act? there should be something mentioned about this.
Since propkilling an innocent as an innocent would be a traitorous act (killing an innocent) I'm not sure we need to clarify this further but I guess there's no harm in it. And if they propkill a Traitor well then they're proven \o/
- Spam should not be allowed (micspam, chatspam)
- Dont kill anyone that broke the rules as revenge
No Spamming is also in the rules already, and killing anyone that broke rules as revenge is RDM since you aren't killing based on a traitorous act, which is also in the rules! But if everyone thinks this needs clarifying again I see no reason why not.
- Mention something about recording (ex. recording is only allowed if you have approval)
Personally I don't think we need this rule, I'm fine with having people record all they want, it's a decent way to show how much fun we have on this server and possibly get more people to join us so why not! But maybe that's just me.
- Mention something about blocking (ex. blocking doors, blocking doors by repeatedly opening and closing it, blocking lifts, stairways etc)
This is in the rules list already under Traitorous acts.
- Ignoring staff is not allowed
- Admins/moderators always have the last word and are always right (arent they ; )
Maybe this is just me but I think having these rules in the server kind of makes it give off the impression that we're like "Admins are above all. Don't even think about saying 'but!'" but I think we should encourage people to say when they think an admin is in the wrong and not blindly obey. Also if you ignore staff it's usually at your own risk since they are likely explaining a rule or asking you why you killed someone so if you don't listen/respond you'll just get into trouble.

Just my initial thoughts on the matter, thanks for the suggestions though!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: KJelles The Camel

Urban

Reaction score
This is already on the list as a Traitorous Act.
Whoops misread that one, my bad.

Since propkilling an innocent as an innocent would be a traitorous act (killing an innocent) I'm not sure we need to clarify this further but I guess there's no harm in it. And if they propkill a Traitor well then they're proven \o/
Personally i think propkilling shouldnt be a part of the game, but if you guys are okay with it i guess including this in the rules isnt a bad idea.

No Spamming is also in the rules already, and killing anyone that broke rules as revenge is RDM since you aren't killing based on a traitorous act, which is also in the rules! But if everyone thinks this needs clarifying again I see no reason why not.
overlooked that one aswel, i should go get glasses. maybe its just not clarified enough but im just slightly blind i guess.

This is in the rules list already under Traitorous acts.
I dont see anything anywhere about blocking under traitorous acts, im missing something? It says something about locking people in rooms but thats different from blocking.

If you want your server to not give a bad impression do not even include rules. Rules are neccesary and always look strict. ill admit the 2 "nazi mod" things are a bit over the top, but you can include the "report a admin if you think they are abusing etc" part to it

The recording rule was cuz we used to have someone making letsplayvideos all the time, until he used them to just be abusive and annoying with them. we tried to put a halt to that.

NOW ITS PROPERLY QUOTED WHOOO

EDIT: any thoughts on the things you didnt mention?

Last edited:

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
EDIT: any thoughts on the things you didnt mention?
The other points look good to me. I'll just wait for other people to say their thoughts if they want to before I edit them into the rules list though!

And yeah I see what you mean about the blocking thing now, this could be clarified more. What do you think guys? Blocking = KOS? So blocking with props to stop people from entering a room etc.?

Reaction score
The other points look good to me. I'll just wait for other people to say their thoughts if they want to before I edit them into the rules list though!

And yeah I see what you mean about the blocking thing now, this could be clarified more. What do you think guys? Blocking = KOS? So blocking with props to stop people from entering a room etc.?
Only after 3 given warnings a KOS, and only if the person is blocking on purpose.

Urban

Reaction score
Only after 3 given warnings a KOS, and only if the person is blocking on purpose.
yeah seems good to me, especially since that little situation i had with captain yesterday. it only showed that more clarification in the rules is needed.

just trying to help bro :/

On a sidenote, didnt feel like posting a whole new thread for it: what happens if you resurrect a guy after (example) 3 minutes, and because he was dead he knows who the traitors are. Can he shoot them/tell everyone who the Ts are? doesnt seem really fair to me. Could be seen as ghosting, especially if the 2 people do this on purpose. suggestion would be to either remove it, or mention this in the rules.

• Love
Reactions: Aqua

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
just trying to help bro :/

On a sidenote, didnt feel like posting a whole new thread for it: what happens if you resurrect a guy after (example) 3 minutes, and because he was dead he knows who the traitors are. Can he shoot them/tell everyone who the Ts are? doesnt seem really fair to me. Could be seen as ghosting, especially if the 2 people do this on purpose. suggestion would be to either remove it, or mention this in the rules.
That was directed at inf not you, dw. INF IS A CUNT!

But yeah, I brought hat up when we added the defib, but in all honesty unless the item is removed you can't blame said person for doing so, I know it's possible to not kill all known traitors as from time to time I open the logs by accident at catch a glimpse of a traitors name, but just stay silent or slay myself, but since it's not required and is quite a long shot, I don't see we could classify it as ghosting and punish it.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
That is allowed and is the primary use of the defib. It isn't OP because a lot of the time the person who you've revived hasn't paid enough attention to the game to know who all the Traitors are, or when knowing they're about to get revived a dead Traitor could give them false information (I do this a lot >:)). This system has never been said to be unfair before so I believe everyone's fine with it being allowed and I've never seen it cause issues \o/

Reactions: Urban

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Okay so for the revised rules list, is this okay? (Urban tagging you since you suggested the points)

---------

Rules
(the punishments you receive for breaking these rules depends on the context of the situation and the judgement of the staff)​

1) No discriminating against others (racism, homophobia or any other insulting language will not be tolerated)

2) No ghosting (using third party software to advise or reveal information to someone that is in a round from another that isn't in a round/in spectator mode)

3) No teaming (purposefully helping the opposite team at the expense of your own team)

4) No offensive or inappropriate sprays (Garry's Mod is a 13+ game so keep that in mind)

5) No spamming, harassing or impersonating others

6) No camping/delaying when the majority of players are dead

7) No prop-killing as a spectator
(you may prop-kill when alive as long as it isn't RDM)

8) No claiming rooms (e.g. "Come in here and I'll shoot you")

9) No scripting or hacking

10) No troll names
(e.g. "Nobody", "Somebody in Disguise")

11) Do not use the grappling hook to get out of the restricted playable area of the map so that you cannot be harmed

12) Do not RDM
(Random DeathMatch; damaging someone without any reason at all or solely based on suspicion)

13) You may not kill someone for following you

14) As an Innocent or Detective do not call a KOS (Kill on Sight) without solid evidence or logical proof (Traitors may do this)

15) You may only kill AFKs in Overtime (if the person has not moved for 60 seconds you can consider them to be AFK)

16) You may use the golden gun on suspicious players but only as long as there is a clear line of reasoning behind the suspicion

17) You may only kill someone with the intention of reviving them with the defibrillator in order to heal/prove them as innocent if the person agrees to it

18) Killing based on common sense is allowed (e.g. killing someone because you hear a death scream far away and everyone else apart from them are together.)

19) Killing someone based on them having the same gun that somebody died from or them being the last person a dead innocent saw is not allowed

20) You may not kill or damage your Traitor buddies without their permission

21) If you randomly Taser someone and they die in the process of it with nobody else being at fault, you will be held responsible and it will be considered RDM

22) Detectives are not allowed to give out orders, and if they shoot someone for disobeying them it will be considered as RDM

23) You may force someone to test by using the Taser or pushing them with props but you may not kill someone for refusing to test

24) Speak in English only over voice chat

Traitorous Acts (You may kill people for doing these. Detectives are exempt from this list):
  • Damaging other players who have not been KOS'd or done a Traitorous Act
  • Refusing to follow through a KOS called by a proven innocent
  • Traitor baiting (shooting next to/above people, pretending you're killing someone, anything that can be mistaken for genuine traitor behaviour.)
  • Throwing harmful grenades (Incendinary grenades, Frag grenades, Discombobulator grenades in dangerous places e.g. a high-up ledge that people are standing on)
  • Walking past unidentified bodies after clearly seeing them and choosing to ignore them (but use common sense; if they're involved in a firefight and are too busy shooting a Traitor to identify bodies, don't use that as an excuse to kill them)
  • Damaging traitor testers/health stations
  • Planting C4 or other traitorous devices
  • Walking towards others with explosive props
  • Entering/leaving traitor rooms
  • Having traitor weapons (unless you picked them up from a traitor that you/someone else have killed and explained this, although you can still be KOS for it if you aren't believed)
  • Calling KOS on innocents (again, use common sense. If the innocent they KOS'd performed a Traitorous act and you saw them do it, don't use the false KOS as an excuse to kill)
  • Not responding to a Livecheck within 30 seconds of it being called
  • Locking someone in a room or blocking someone from entering an area after being given three warnings to move with at least five seconds in between each warning

Last edited:

Urban

Reaction score
Sorry bro @infected_alien8

Saw that you posted something but didnt look at it, but ill leave a response soon dont have much time to look at it tbh, but first glance seems fine.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Rules list updated again. This should hopefully be the last change in a good while - any objections?

Urban

Rules
(the punishments you receive for breaking these rules depends on the context of the situation and the judgement of the staff)​

1) No discriminating against others (racism, homophobia or any other insulting language will not be tolerated)

2) No ghosting (using third party software to advise or reveal information to someone that is in a round from another that isn't in a round/in spectator mode)

3) No teaming (purposefully helping the opposite team at the expense of your own team)

4) No offensive or inappropriate sprays (Garry's Mod is a 13+ game so keep that in mind)

5) No spamming, harassing or impersonating others

6) No camping/delaying when the majority of players are dead

7) No prop-killing as a spectator
(you may prop-kill when alive as long as it isn't RDM)

8) No claiming rooms (e.g. "Come in here and I'll shoot you")

9) No scripting or hacking

10) No unintelligible or troll names
(e.g. "Nobody", "Somebody in Disguise")

11) Do not use the grappling hook to get out of the restricted playable area of the map so that you cannot be harmed

12) Do not RDM
(Random DeathMatch; damaging someone without any reason at all or solely based on suspicion)

13) You may not damage someone for following you

14) As an Innocent or Detective do not call a KOS (Kill on Sight) without solid evidence or logical proof (Traitors may do this)

15) Unless you are a Traitor, you may only kill AFKs in Overtime (if the person has not moved for 60 seconds you can consider them to be AFK)

16) You may use the golden gun on suspicious players but only as long as there is a clear line of reasoning behind the suspicion

17) You may only kill someone with the intention of reviving them with the defibrillator in order to heal/prove them as innocent if the person agrees to it

18) Killing based on common sense is allowed (e.g. killing someone because you hear a death scream far away and everyone else apart from them are together.)

19) Killing someone based on them having the same gun that somebody died from or them being the last person a dead innocent saw is not allowed

20) You may not kill or damage your Traitor buddies without their permission

21) If you randomly Taser someone and they die in the process of it with nobody else being at fault, you will be held responsible and it will be considered RDM

22) Detectives are not allowed to give out orders, and if they shoot someone for disobeying them it will be considered as RDM

23) You may physically force someone to test (e.g. with the Taser or props) but you may not damage someone for refusing to test

24) In voice chat speak in English only

25) Do not abuse glitches

26) Do not call a KoS on a certain model or accessory.

Traitorous Acts (You may kill people for doing these. Detectives are exempt from this list):
  • Damaging other players who have not been KOS'd or done a Traitorous Act
  • Refusing to follow through a KOS called by a proven innocent
  • Traitor baiting (shooting next to/above people, pretending you're killing someone, anything that can be mistaken for genuine traitor behaviour.)
  • Throwing harmful grenades (Incendinary grenades, Frag grenades, Discombobulator grenades in dangerous places e.g. a high-up ledge that people are standing on)
  • Walking past unidentified bodies after clearly seeing them and choosing to ignore them (but use common sense; if they're involved in a firefight and are too busy shooting a Traitor to identify bodies, don't use that as an excuse to kill them)
  • Damaging traitor testers/health stations
  • Planting C4 or other traitorous devices
  • Walking towards others with explosive props
  • Entering/leaving traitor rooms
  • Having traitor weapons (unless you picked them up from a traitor that you/someone else have killed and explained this, although you can still be KOS for it if you aren't believed)
  • Calling KOS on innocents (again, use common sense. If the innocent they KOS'd performed a Traitorous act and you saw them do it, don't use the false KOS as an excuse to kill)
  • Not responding to a Livecheck within 30 seconds of it being called
  • Locking someone in a room or blocking someone from entering an area after being given three warnings to move with at least five seconds in between each warning

Last edited:

Mars

Reaction score
Just curious, since there is a very simple way of finding out who all the traitors are if you suicide, and if you get defibbed you can call out every single traitor a couple of seconds into the round. Should there be a rule against this?