[Accepted]Mycenae - LSMP Map Submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Name of the map: Mycenae

Creator(s): RonaldoSkillz

Size: 95x95

Round length: I have it suggested for 35 minutes. A 10 minute build time, with four waves of lava every five minutes. That should leave 5 minutes left for the round once the last wave is released.

Locations and suggested timing for timers: In the map, I have the timers marked as orange wool. I can say that I'm not the best at choosing places for timers, so these can easily be modified if necessary.

As I noted, I prefer four waves of lava, one being activated every five minutes.

Screenshots <include at least one screenshot of all timers>:

http://s1215.beta.photobucket.com/user/FiFaTanK/library/Mycenae

http://s1215.beta.photobucket.com/user/FiFaTanK/library/Mycenae Timers

http://s1215.beta.photobucket.com/user/FiFaTanK/library/Mycenae/Mycenae - Map Overviews?postlogin=true

SIDE NOTES:

I have a few requests to have some blocks on no-break. Those blocks are:

-Stone Brick
-Mossy Stone Brick
-Cracked Stone Brick
-Iron Block
-Beacon
-Slightly Damaged Anvil
-Cobblestone Wall
-Glowstone (if too much)
-Item Frame (Or No-Drop)

And I have one request for a no-drop. That would be:

-Very Damaged Anvil

I have a total of 8 chests scattered around the map, two of which are large. They contain the following:

Chest 1:
-3 wooden fences
-2 seeds
-2 signs
-1 flower
-1 wooden hoe

Chest 2 (large):
-3 charcoal
-2 clay
-2 bricks
-1 lever

Chest 3 (large):
-5 sticks
-3 rotten flesh
-2 bones
-2 string
-2 eggs
-1 feather
-1 flint

(NOTE: This chest has not been shown in the screenshots. I will show this to anyone who requests to see, especially if it's any of the C+ who are able to accept LSMP maps.)

Chest 4:
-1 bread
-1 cookie
-1 cake
-1 egg
Chest 5:
-1 potato
-1 carrot
-1 raw chicken

Chest 6:
-2 cooked fish
-1 raw fish

Chest 7:
-3 watermelon
-2 apples

Chest 8:
-4 paper
-4 string
-A book about the Legend of Mycenae's King. (STILL IN PROGRESS)

And finally, something quite interesting to note is that the book, that will be soon written up, links to various item frames (There are eight of them) or areas in the map. So, most of everything that I have added in this map has not been placed randomly. ;3

I am still trying to finish up the story for the novel I am writing about the map's legend, so the map is not not 100% finished until this book is signed and in its designated spot. (EDIT: Complete.)

This took me over a week to complete, so if anything else needs to be modified or added, please let me know so I can make the changes. If you want to view this map from BuildBox, the command is /warp Mycenae (I would recommend doing so, because it looks better from a look ingame than a look from the screenshots). If you have any questions or comments to add, please reply on this submission.

Hope you guys enjoy, and I appreciate any criticism you may have for this map!

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Few updates:

-Added a well next to the blacksmith house
-Finished the book, which is now stored in chest 8.

I will release the screenshots of the new addition soon, if needed.

Also had another request:
-I have two lime wools in the cells, located in the castle's courtyard. I would like for those to be just one zombie instead of the wool if that is possible. Thanks.

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Alright, I was concerned that it will flood like so. I'll replace the lava fountains with a fireplace, and replace the middle ones with water fountains.

And Numberplay, there wouldn't be too much of a point anyways to place an anvil in my map. The trick is to be considerate of what you place down, while using of what is available in the map while you have the chance. I understand that you may want to place one down and use it during the middle of the lava waves, but one shouldn't always take the simple path without risks involved. So if you really wanted to use an anvil, then you would either have to make shelter in the area containing the anvil, or you will have to risk placing a fresh one down, hoping that it wouldn't turn into a slightly damaged.

Also adding that if I remove the slightly damaged anvil from no break, then I would have to put it as no-drop. I can't have players running around with having a simple solution to a free anvil.

EDIT: Screenshots of some updates in my map:

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Love the theme of the map Ronaldo, so then there are parts of it that I don't like so much as it seems a bit empty, the courtyard in specific. But you did an amazing job filling a small area to the neatest way possible. So I am all for a test run to see how the players react to this.

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Did a few small updates.

-I have added a bed in the spawn's house.
-Lowered the spawn one block down, so it will be safe and players won't be pushed into lava.
-Added a few flower pots outside of the spawn's house.
-Added some ferns around the glassland.
-Added two bricks in Chest 2.
-Added one egg in Chest 4.
-Added two jukeboxes in the hall. I'd like for these to be no-break.
-Added a few vines in front of the castle's entrance.
-Added a few sandstone stairs next to the well.
-Added two Jack O' Lanterns with cobblestone slabs on them by the entrance.
-Added in two more spruce trees on the hill. Hopefully that should satisfy at least twenty players at once.

If anything needs to be adjusted or added/removed, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.