[Accepted] Map Submission: [FFA] Treasure

Reaction score
*You might skip this part and jump to the map info. Keep in mind that a little part of Tiddles' soul will die if you do that.

This might be denied due to it's size (64x64x128), I really don't know, though I know there is a FFA map with that size. It will be a shame... the person who wrote the map guide have a map denied, "o wel it happen tiddluz". I'm submitting it anyways, don't want to throw another map on the graveyard. Maybe someone can do something with it, transform it into another game mode map. Who knows? If you know what to do with this, then do it. Just remember to give credit to me.

Now some of you might ask "Why in the bloody hell you make maps if you are never in the server?". Good question, and the answer is: I have no idea. In fact, I haven't played [FFA] Two Towers yet and I still don't know which theme was accepted in the server. But I enjoy making maps, though I barely (if never) get feedback from the playerbase, which makes things hard, because I don't know if the players are actually enjoying the maps I made. Bug me with new conversations or send messages to my profile, feedback is always good. (Unless your plan is to send "omg u map suk")

A few comments about the map:
The map is symmetric. Again, I got so used to build symmetric maps (mostly for TDM) that I just can't build a map that isn't. The name came from the gold blocks I left in the middle of the map. I thought "Hey if I add a pillar here these gold blocks will look like a treasure". And that's the beautiful story of how the map got this name.

The entire map is indestructible. In this one, I choose to use stairs rather than elevators. Though elevators don't need much space they slow down the players, which makes gameplay slower... you get the point. I tried to focus on flanking again. So there's a bunch of different paths to the areas of the map, it's up to the player to decide which to pick. Threw some diagonals and circles to the map, the world needs more diagonals and circles, they also make the map look nice.

Hopefully, no one will think the map is a remake of some random place because of it's name. But I'm kinda "lucky" when it comes to that. Anyways... to the pictures:

Download

Reaction score
omg u map suk

Your maps are always beautiful, and even though I barely go onto TNT wars, I still always love peaking into your threads and checking them out :p

Also symmetry FTW... my OCD doesn't allow no room for anything assymetric!

• Agree
Reactions: JKangaroo

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
The map has a very similar approach to both Oriental, but then suddenly it isn't that map at all and is an amazing one instead. I'm all for it.

And all your maps are brilliant, Tiddles. :>

Reaction score
Oh darn... how I didn't notice there's already a map with the name "Treasure" in the submission area? It's been there for a month, though the user who submitted that map abandoned it. Change the name to "Artifact" if it's needed.

Alkatraz

Reaction score
Oh yeah, forgot to mention it got added!

I was a tad worried about the size initially, but it seems to work alright, even with smaller numbers of players.
Marnixxie and SparklyMuffinz added spawns etc. I think there is something like 50 possible places for players to spawn, something like that!

I like the curved walkway around the back of each side, it looks nice and there have been a few good pistol and grenade fights there.