[Accepted] Map Submission: FFA-FloatingRuins

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
ok I updated the dat. file and here are a few new screenshots:

not a lot of changes but with the advise of superstein I did some dirt away at the edges and made a few fallen pillars in the middle to outflat it a bit :D

Reactions: superstein

GOODYSMOODY

Reaction score
It does seem good, but to me it lacks something. A certain element which makes the map stand out. It just seems that the map is a little too flat. I can imagine running across it and pistoling people until the end of a round. Just me, but if a few hills or depressions in the ground were made it would be a whole lot better.

• Agree
Reactions: balloon98

DJJonosound

Ex CTNT/PTNT Op
Reaction score
Too flat. Add some random lumps and bumps and its all good.
Edit: Why the hell did someone disagree with this... its pretty standard stuff these days and we generally do not accept maps that are flat without them having some terrain added to them -_-

• Disagree
Reactions: Pikmon2

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
so for the third time :D the dat. file is updated
I made 10 little hills on the big island and made the pile of stone from the fallen bridge bigger .
I hope it is okay now. if not feel free to say what must be edited ;)
screenshots:

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
Even though they don't play down there, could it look... a little bit more prettier? :p
I will try what did you have in mind?
;)

EDIT: balloon just ninja'd me, a road with cars doesn't fit for me in this map because the rest of the map is old stuff

EDIT2: Is it okay if I just make the floor of the map water.
I took a look at that and it looks pretty good

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
The floor is 2 laters so a depression would mean a hole in the floor and sorry to say it but I think the hills look okay I couldn't make them bigger cause then they would touch the walk ways and smaller: then they would be to small

Alkatraz

Reaction score
I think your improvements have certainly been improvements. There are a couple of things I'm worried about, the overall size of the the map is quite big, but it's not too bad.

Something I feel would greatly improve the map as a whole is instead of the island being 2 layers thick, perhaps making it more of a floating V.
Just a bit more shaped like this:

would be a big improvement and make the island look a lot more natural.
You've done it with the little islands, but it would make the map better as a whole if you extended this to the main island too.

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
I think your improvements have certainly been improvements. There are a couple of things I'm worried about, the overall size of the the map is quite big, but it's not too bad.

Something I feel would greatly improve the map as a whole is instead of the island being 2 layers thick, perhaps making it more of a floating V.
Just a bit more shaped like this:

would be a big improvement and make the island look a lot more natural.
You've done it with the little islands, but it would make the map better as a whole if you extended this to the main island too.
Well I was thinking about that but the distance between the water and the island was to small
however I could ask my friend Calfish to remove the last three layers of bedrock after that I will try my best ;)

Alkatraz

Reaction score
Map added, with a couple of changes. Towers removed and map size changed from 128x128 to 96x96.

With the spawns, there is a little broken bridge over to another island with a portal on. If you jump in the portal, you get 6 seconds of grace (invincibility), alternatively you can just jump in the water and get 3 seconds of grace.