S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Account Name: Seanathannnn

References (Adv+): RoboticAlligator, FreakyCupcake, Eggnog, Mlem

Screenshots of builds (minimum one large-scale project):
Nimeitheiel - Can be found at /warp Nimeitheiel
Nimeitheiel (Shaders)
2 Other Builds (old things, no longer existent on Create)
2 Unfinished Builds - considering abandoning the house one, working on the island one

What are your future plans for projects? I'm planning on finishing my current map and also another map next to it. After that I'll be working on my Dysmere build in single player and will probably be doing some projects in Create such as a Heaven/Earth/Hell build that covers an AdvPlot and whatever else I feel like making as well as some collabs probably.

Additional/final notes: It isn't sea-Nathan, it's Sean-athan, as in a parody of Jonathan

Last edited:

Collosal

Reaction score
Your activity is great, your builds are phenomenal, and I can't think of a better person for the position. You're friendly to players, can stay committed to a build, and you have a sense of what we need in an architect. You have played for quite a long time, and I think you've earned this rank. You've come a long way from when you started building. There's not much else to say, +1.

• Thank You
Reactions: S_swimmer

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Astounding attention to detail on show here. You are clearly competent in all the required areas - shaping, terraforming, interior design and little quirks are all top notch. I look forward to seeing your future projects!

+1

• Thank You
Reactions: S_swimmer

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Just a heads up, but I'm going to be hypercritical about this application since you're the first Architect applicant and that future applicants might consider your application as a starting point if they choose to apply.

Nimeitheiel
This is a great example of what I personally expect from players that would like the Architect rank. You have a solid theme and you limited your choice of blocks to build with which is great -- this shows off that you can create a diverse style of builds within the same block range. The placement of each build shows off different focal points and gives a bit of interest in each section of the overall build -- basically, there aren't any boring areas to look at.

Large Green Roof Castle
This build has a few areas of detail which look nice inside and out, but there's this one part of the build that looks flat to me. They are the fourth and fifth pictures in the album with the anvils on the wall. Although the area looks detailed, it has a bunch of repeated vertical lines that end up making that side of the build look flat. I think it would have been nice to see a break in the middle with a shorter tower styled like the corner towers.

Another thing that bothers me about this is that this is a large build on a flat piece of land. This may seem rude, but I'd expect to see this build in an AdvBuilder app just because it doesn't have any terrain surrounding it. Don't get me wrong, the build itself is nice, but the lack of terrain or anything else-- like a few other builds-- to surround it doesn't make this build stick out and be memorable.

Floating Islands
This looks interesting and has some nice custom trees in it, but I kinda wish there was a house or two in it besides the bridges. It would be really neat if you decided to continue working on this and turn it into a large 192x192 sized build with some solid houses, a few dirigibles, and other things to theme it up.

Overall, I know that you're a great builder, but it would have been nice if you showed off your other builds instead of limiting it to the three that you submitted. And yes, I did ask you to post up your other work, but I decided to submit my opinion instead of waiting.

Also, it may seem like my expectations for the Architect rank are extremely high, but there has to be a clear distinction between what an AdvBuilder builds and what an Architect creates.

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Just a heads up, but I'm going to be hypercritical about this application since you're the first Architect applicant and that future applicants might consider your application as a starting point if they choose to apply.

Nimeitheiel
This is a great example of what I personally expect from players that would like the Architect rank. You have a solid theme and you limited your choice of blocks to build with which is great -- this shows off that you can create a diverse style of builds within the same block range. The placement of each build shows off different focal points and gives a bit of interest in each section of the overall build -- basically, there aren't any boring areas to look at.

Large Green Roof Castle
This build has a few areas of detail which look nice inside and out, but there's this one part of the build that looks flat to me. They are the fourth and fifth pictures in the album with the anvils on the wall. Although the area looks detailed, it has a bunch of repeated vertical lines that end up making that side of the build look flat. I think it would have been nice to see a break in the middle with a shorter tower styled like the corner towers.

Another thing that bothers me about this is that this is a large build on a flat piece of land. This may seem rude, but I'd expect to see this build in an AdvBuilder app just because it doesn't have any terrain surrounding it. Don't get me wrong, the build itself is nice, but the lack of terrain or anything else-- like a few other builds-- to surround it doesn't make this build stick out and be memorable.

Floating Islands
This looks interesting and has some nice custom trees in it, but I kinda wish there was a house or two in it besides the bridges. It would be really neat if you decided to continue working on this and turn it into a large 192x192 sized build with some solid houses, a few dirigibles, and other things to theme it up.

Overall, I know that you're a great builder, but it would have been nice if you showed off your other builds instead of limiting it to the three that you submitted. And yes, I did ask you to post up your other work, but I decided to submit my opinion instead of waiting.

Also, it may seem like my expectations for the Architect rank are extremely high, but there has to be a clear distinction between what an AdvBuilder builds and what an Architect creates.
Thanks rawr, don't worry about it as I know that the Architect rank is a prestigious one that I can't just breeze by. To be honest, I feel a little bad knowing that I probably didn't put in enough effort to make a good array of builds, so I guess I have to put in more time and effort when I'm online. Also, I uploaded those 2 unfinished builds we were talking about (also, as for the floating forest, that was a TAG map for AoD I made a while ago and there is a large and small house but they are so crudely made that they aren't worthy of any mention)

Thank you for the constructive criticism, and thank you to everyone else for all your kind words c:

Status
Not open for further replies.