[Accepted] 77thShad's Moderator Application (KR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
In-game Username: 77thShad

Staff References (not required): Eggnog

Prior Blocktopia/EscRestart Staffing Experience: Dusk of Discordia Operator.

How would you describe the responsibilities and obligations of a moderator: A moderator is tasked with upholding the rules of the server and setting the right example on both the server and the forums. It is a moderators duty to be fair, fun and serious at the same time. A moderator has a responsibility to remain active and maintain knowledge of the server so that they are able to answer any questions correctly and efficiently. They should be the ones to settle disputes and keep the server as a welcoming experience to all. If anyone needs help with anything relating to the server, it is the moderators job to helpful and courteous.

Assume there are more applicants, for what reason would we choose you over them: I think having previous experience on the Discordia smp gives me an edge on the other applicants. There isn't much for me to learn command related and I know and am familiar with many of the current staff as I staffed with them in Discordia. I live in Australia so when most other staff are asleep in the early hours of the morning, I can still be on moderating the server. Furthermore I have been in this community for 2 and a half years and I know most of the community well enough to have an understanding of their personality and how they may act in various situations. During the final event on Discordia, I was named one of the main leaders and builders of the castle and I feel that this shows off my leadership skills and responsibility.

How would you deal with a situation you have no experience with: Use the staff channel to ask for assistance, or if nobody is on the server, through a steam message or the forums. Unless the situation is straightforward I wouldn't deal with it without a more experienced or higher ranked staff member guiding me.

How would you deal with another staff member abusing their powers: I would immediately take a screenshot of the incident and steam message Oak because that is the most efficient way at my disposal to get into contact with him. Afterwards, I would recover logs of the incident. It is not a wise idea to interfere with something as serious as this unless it extremely urgent and there is no other viable option.

What do you consider your greatest weakness: Hmm, my greatest weakness may be my competitiveness which I noticed it sometimes got in the way of performing my staff duties in Dusk of Discordia. I did begin to rectify this before my resignation due to loss of interest in minecraft and burning myself out by juggling too many games and school. If I receive this position I will make it my goal to not let my competitiveness to get in the way of my responsibilities.

Anything else you would like tell us about yourself: Hey, my name is Zac and I am 15. I mostly go by 77 or shad in EscapeRestart (feels so weird not saying Blocktopia). I live in Australia and I am currently in year 10 in high school. I found this community back in 2012 and I played on Classic Zombie server until I got premium where I immediately fell in love with this community's smp servers. Since then I have obtained give or take 1000 hours on the last 4 smps and i'm looking forward to adding more to that in Kami's Realm =)

Thanks for reading
~Shad

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hello 77thShad, after reading through your app we have decided to accept you as a moderator, we are familiar with your experience in DoD and we look forward to working with you!

Reactions: Notme
Status
Not open for further replies.