About sharing a computer for forum access.

Deadl0ck

Lord of the Rage
Reaction score
Hello. This is becoming a larger issue then I anticipated, so let me put out a global announcement notification about this.

If you use 1 computer to access multiple forum accounts (For example, friends visit you, you have family, etc) certain head staff will get notified. Keep in mind, this is 1 computer, not 1 internet connection. (We have checks for that too.)

Also, one of the accounts gets locked.

The reason for this is because the registration of multiple accounts has caused us problems in the past, and we don't want that to happen again.

If the account gets locked, the alternate associated account will usually get a message within 24 hours from head staff, asking the reason for the computer sharing, or giving a notification of this process. If the reply is acceptable (and it usually is, to be fair) we re-validate the locked account. If both accounts are of known family, or players I tend to know personally, they can get unlocked without a message being sent.

if you DO NOT reply, the locked account DOES NOT get unlocked. Making new accounts means each subsequent account made gets locked too.

It is not our responsibility to take care of your account. If you log in on your brother's / sister's / friend's computer, and your or their account is locked, and we message one of you, it is YOUR job to pass that message along to your friend and to reply to that message.

Also, if it ends up happening 6 times, you need to stop sharing your computer, because it's getting quite tiresome to see the same names pop up EVERY single time.

In short, unless you're family, try to avoid sharing a computer for forum access. It's not against the rules, but it does inconvenience you, for getting your account locked, and makes us do more work.

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com

jpd317

Reaction score
<phew>Thank god I'm the only one in my family who plays minecraft

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
<phew>Thank god I'm the only one in my family who plays minecraft
In short, unless you're family, try to avoid sharing a computer for forum access. It's not against the rules, but it does inconvenience you, for getting your account locked, and makes us do more work.
It should be okay as long as its your family, and not others.

BurnyBurn

Reaction score
Well this sucks :/

Are you telling me I'm not allowed to log in here on my PC because Jolt logs in from there too? Does this count for the forums only?

jpd317

Reaction score
Well this sucks :/

Are you telling me I'm not allowed to log in here on my PC because Jolt logs in from there too? Does this count for the forums only?
No, do you have any other things to log on ipods, ds browser, laptop and all those work, but ds is really laggy

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
thank god i'm the only one in the family who like minecraft :p my family lieks overrated games like CoD and MoH
Same thoughts. Unfortunately, my parents don't know much about computers either, so I'm not allowed to download much D: Ah well. Because my brother also had a Turtle Beach for his Xbox, I was allowed to buy one for my PS3 which I just use for my PC :D So it's not that bad

dannyboymed

Without a title
Reaction score
Same thoughts. Unfortunately, my parents don't know much about computers either, so I'm not allowed to download much D: Ah well. Because my brother also had a Turtle Beach for his Xbox, I was allowed to buy one for my PS3 which I just use for my PC :D So it's not that bad
Save up every penny you get for the next forever, get a laptop, enjoy TASTY FREEDOM :D