A Transit System

Which type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gettinthere

Reaction score
Seen it. :3

Back on topic;
Minecarts. But with Craftbook or Minecart... Or whatever the plugin's called atm. o. o
Minecart Mania.

So, now that we know that we don't need all of that fancy jazz station which means we can simplify it down to a chest, some powered rails, normal rails, and signs.

The issue now:
  • Where are the stations?
  • Construction
  • Materials
  • How will the rail system be built?
  • etc
About walking and boats, I'm not sure if it would be a very good option for boats because of the poor performance of some people in SMP and it's best we use another utility. Walking? That's completely up to you.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
What about sky high (height limit) glass walkway thing, connecting families, which crosses map like this:
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/7195/maphk.png

Staircases would be in family's theme, and doors would be password-protected (so no raids)
Staircases would be located in following positions:
x=1000 z=1000 (Gaia)
x=1000 z=-1000 (Aeres)
x=-1000 z=1000 (Dagon)
x=-1000, z=-1000 (Primus)

Numberplay

Reaction score
-will ruin sky view
-can't build in center zone
-Can still allow easier raids
-Would be asking for too much sand
-The point is to make a system in our land. not others

Do I need to give you other reasons I don't like your idea?

gettinthere

Reaction score
Okay, so my idea can be closed...
Not only does your idea needs to be closed.

But this thread too I suppose. Lolpie says "this thread has no meaning". And with soon-to-be but not in-stone prices of 100 shillings per week/month for cities whatsoever, I'd best put this thought into a resting place.

If prices were to be that high, then there would be little expansion of villages.

lolpierandom

Reaction score
Not only does your idea needs to be closed.

But this thread too I suppose. Lolpie says "this thread has no meaning". And with soon-to-be but not in-stone prices of 100 shillings per week/month for cities whatsoever, I'd best put this thought into a resting place.

If prices were to be that high, then there would be little expansion of villages.
100 shillings per month for a village?

High?

Are you kidding me? Can a mayor not be bothered to vote ONCE a freaking month? 100 shillings is pocket change...

gettinthere

Reaction score
100 shillings per month for a village?

High?

Are you kidding me? Can a mayor not be bothered to vote ONCE a freaking month? 100 shillings is pocket change...
Suggesting it be higher yourself lolpie?
Because you sound quite unsure in your post.

We might charge a small tax on official towns, with the benefits of having several perks in the capital. The tax would be very small (100 for a town, 250 for a city), but that probably won't happen.

Cherpah

Reaction score
You can get 150 shillings for voting once a day on blocktopia's minestatus page.

Reactions: Duffie

lolpierandom

Reaction score
Suggesting it be higher yourself lolpie?
Because you sound quite unsure in your post.
The unsure thing I'm thinking about is if I'm even going to charge ANYTHING at all.

Not to mention the idea is unapproved, and isn't neccesarily going to pass. Regardless, I won't derail this any further.

Jalleo

Reaction score
I do have a idea with the minecart system. We could have it so the minecart system is only 3 or so blocks underground on average and to define where the minecart system is we could have a river be built above it. Then if its only 3 or so blocks on average we could actually strip mine the whole length of it first and get the materials we need while mining it and every so often we could bild a small repository while we build to store items for a few hours tops until it gets sent to a nearby village town or city or the capital for storage if we dont need the items that are mined.
also we could have the system set up so there is a direct fast lane to each city and another to go to towns near that city and then from the towns it could be connected to the villages depending on where it is. (this would make it quite easy for everyone to mobolise to the capital when its under attack)
Also if the system is set up so you can go to each city from any city and the same for a fast lane to the capital and from each city there could be a network to go to eah nearby town and village so everyone knows where to go for a city and a different station to go to for a town and village.
Also if everyone demands it more it could actually be a road above the minecart system instead so everyone find it easier to know which way to go.

If you dont like it ignore this.
(I edited it to make more sense)

Jalleo

Reaction score
I actually am suggesting to do it from normal ground and dig down then covern it with a road or something if you havent realised and becuase of that is they stripmine into a road they should know its a minecart system right below it if this method is taken in. (it dosent need to be done all underground at all you can even make it go up mountains or just go round them if all of you prefer that instead of going underground and keeping the road easier to walk)

Quote from when I last posted here:
We could have it so the minecart system is only 3 or so blocks underground on average and to define where the minecart system is we could have a river be built above it

(I mention it could be a road instead of a river at the bottom of my post)

I did edit it earlier so it made a lot more sense sorry if anyone of you thought I meant at the bottom of the map or something

lolpierandom

Reaction score
3 blocks.

3x3 is 9. That's for one block of distance.

Now multiply that by 500, which is a not too large distance between cities.

That's 4500 blocks. Not including redoing the area, complications that may happen, and other things. It's so much simpler and efficient to build aboveground.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
3 blocks.

3x3 is 9. That's for one block of distance.

Now multiply that by 500, which is a not too large distance between cities.

That's 4500 blocks. Not including redoing the area, complications that may happen, and other things. It's so much simpler and efficient to build aboveground.
If we build above ground, we must have a guard rail to keep monsters out, as well as a healthy lightning to keep monsters from spawning within.

Then, we'll need the whole thing to look nice, as well as make it to where it doesn't take too much space.

Could use this for the hell of it, as well as pathways. :p