A suggestion about secrets.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
So as of the last recap, it seems secrets are being removed which I think is a partial mistake.

I say partial as some secrets can be bad. But some can be great fun as well! Take racetrack for example: Not terribly hard to find and fun to try and do the jump course! So basically, I do think banning "secrets" is a good idea but maybe allow people to still have partially hidden areas that are fun to do (but still easy enough a new player can find it! [or basically, a easter egg]).

If this is whats being done or theres already a discussion thread I didn't see, terribly sorry!

• Agree
Reactions: Solis22

ethical1337

Don't choose the easy path just because its easy
Reaction score
That is kind of a misconception since how it was announced. we are keeping the simple secrets and such. But those long large ones that are pretty much access to another map isn't going to stay. A LARGE chunk of secrets are being removed. We are giving this a try and are not just editing the maps and that's how they are. Now if it turns out this was a mistake we can revert the maps back.

Reactions: SmoggyWaffles

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
That is kind of a misconception since how it was announced. we are keeping the simple secrets and such. But those long large ones that are pretty much access to another map isn't going to stay. A LARGE chunk of secrets are being removed. We are giving this a try and are not just editing the maps and that's how they are. Now if it turns out this was a mistake we can revert the maps back.
Ah well then this is great. Does that mean racetrack keeps its secret?

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
So as of the last recap, it seems secrets are being removed which I think is a partial mistake.

I say partial as some secrets can be bad. But some can be great fun as well! Take racetrack for example: Not terribly hard to find and fun to try and do the jump course! So basically, I do think banning "secrets" is a good idea but maybe allow people to still have partially hidden areas that are fun to do (but still easy enough a new player can find it! [or basically, a easter egg]).

If this is whats being done or theres already a discussion thread I didn't see, terribly sorry!
The problem is not that they are not fun, but game-play breaking. If there is a secret and you have completed the jump course then it's almost certainly a free win. I also find it fun to search for hidden things and complete (jumping) courses but it doesn't fit in the game-play of a zombie survival server.

• Agree
Reactions: SparklyMuffinz

paceboys

Reaction score
The problem is not that they are not fun, but game-play breaking. If there is a secret and you have completed the jump course then it's almost certainly a free win. I also find it fun to search for hidden things and complete (jumping) courses but it doesn't fit in the game-play of a zombie survival server.
As i am thinking of maybe coming back to this server, i always thought that most secrets went against the point of zombie survival. I like this idea as a whole, but i'll see how it is when i try ZS again.

Vatowski

Reaction score
Gonna give my point of view as a zombie player. I hated the secrets that I did not know the location of. Seriously when I am a zombie and I see a name but I have no idea how to get them because they are in the secret. It is so frustrating. The veterans of zombie that know all of the secrets have a huge advantage on newbie players like me. Stick it to hiding and running to places we can actually reach without destroying half the map in order to find the entrance to the secret. Last time I played zombie, I was a zombie and I saw [T]mytself Mythelf? (correct me if I typoed his name) and he was in a adminium box thingy and I couldn't find the entrance. Extremely frustrating especially cause he ended up to be the last human alive. Remove them please

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Gonna give my point of view as a zombie player. I hated the secrets that I did not know the location of. Seriously when I am a zombie and I see a name but I have no idea how to get them because they are in the secret. It is so frustrating. The veterans of zombie that know all of the secrets have a huge advantage on newbie players like me. Stick it to hiding and running to places we can actually reach without destroying half the map in order to find the entrance to the secret. Last time I played zombie, I was a zombie and I saw [T]mytself? (correct me if I typoed his name) and he was in a adminium box thingy and I couldn't find the entrance. Extremely frustrating especially cause he ended up to be the last human alive. Remove them please
My basic suggestion is remove stuff like that, but keep secrets that have a actual value. Sitting in a box adds nothing to the game really, where a jump course is fun to try and do even if the humans win. Also, making the secrets easy to find (Oh looky there! A random change in block use! Hmm...) would help.