Accepted A requirement of food and wood in every map

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
So, I started a map called Rush_Hour and was going to gather food and resources. My food bar was pretty low and I was looking around. However, there was absolutely food to spot around. I also did not find any wood around. Most of the blocks the map was built on was either wool or stone material and it was pretty frustrating walking slowly around and I couldnt even make myself a house.

My suggestion is that it is requiered to have at least some food and wood, and that it shouldn't be difficult to spot. It shouldn't be too hard to fix, it's just to replace some blocks melon blocks or to add crops. For wood it is just to add trees or other wood creations. This problem might only occur in this map, but I still hope that someone goes through the maps and check them for food and wood anyway, just to be sure.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Notme

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
This is something I think should be a basic requirement for maps, and as Danni said, I am surprised it wasn't. I will add this to the submission format for survival maps, and we'll have to see what we can do for existing maps. Unfortunately, I'll have to say that the expected time for that is soon™, but it is something that should be dealt with eventually.

RoF Staff can feel free to add to this, but I suspect if they haven't posted already, they don't really have anything else to add.

(Edit: As you are a journeyman, I'd recommend buying food from the buyshops, seeing as you can, until maps contain enough.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Unusual_Dood