A rant that will be hated.

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I think simply making mines do a large amount of damage instead of instance kill could solve this raising the price would only limit it to the richer players and the blast radius is good as is, the instant kill might be the op part though since that immediately removes people from the fight. That being said I think mines should also do some hunger damage;D so you can't just walk it off and have full health back.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ummm mines are my working tactics. My KDR is increasing, when I use them.
I also sometimes die a lot due to mines, but I like them.
Also they were from start of PTNT. Also they were in Classic TNT.
Oh. But they were less spammed there.
not less spammed, just less effective. they only worked when they were stepped on
edit: yes less spammed, only because they were less effective

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
Interesting points, let's discuss. Starting with:

Xfolo said:
I can't stand it. I have to speak up, as much as this will get hated but... What other chance is there?
It is your opinion. If you believe that mines are that big of a nuisance then we will discuss it, much like everyone has. You never know, if put to use, perhaps your suggestion benefits the overall gameplay of the server for everyone. So no need to be scared if people will hate it (considering you got 6 agrees). If there's a problem, mention it so I can attempt to come to some conclusion for you, it's why I'm here. :p

Moving on to the actual issue at hand!
Mines.

Xfolo said:
Mines were one of the new additions to PTNT. At first they were fun to have about occasionally but now they are overused. God. I can barely go 10 blocks without someones bloomin' mine killing me. They are spammed about the map, and basically just ruin all the fun in PTNT. You might aswell rename the server Mine Wars instead of TNT wars because i get more mine kills than TNT kills. Or anything else for that matter
Mines have been with "P"TNT since the start, even during the testing stage. That being said, the skill required to use them was practically nothing due to the fact you could place as many as you wanted at a time - which is what "spam" really is. This caused the first 'nerfing' of the mines. While discussing it with dest, he brought up 3 solutions:

[22:32] destroyerx1: 1) Decrease blast / trigger radius - or even more extreme, decrease blast radius but not trigger radius
[22:32] destroyerx1: 2) Decrease damage
[22:32] destroyerx1: 3) Limit number you can place at a time
In the end, we chose #3 and limited the number you can place at a time. After considering everything discussed in this thread, I am all for decreasing the blast radius since currently Mines and TNT have the same radius aaand I'd rather not have players defaulting to mines for everything when there is a large variety.

That being said, each weapon in the store has some counter. For example, get hit with the Fire Bow? The douse is there to put you out. For Mines, the wool cutters are there, yes. You also have your fist (which is free;)).

One one two said:
I have a very easy time avoiding mines simply by predicting where people are going to place them. Ask yourself "is that a good spot for a mine?" when playing. If the answer is yes, chances are there will be a mine there. All you have to do to avoid the mine is look for alternative methods to get through and/or play it safely and difuse it.
I'm aware that this suggestion is not for everyone but perhaps the more you play or even use mines yourself, the more likely this is possible. Some maps feel like they were made for mines - they work so nicely and other maps really have no hiding spot.

Faliara said:
I really don't know where would mines be placed. They're just... Unexpected.
Mines are supposed to be best when hidden which is probably why you don't expect it. If you expect it, you can stop it and the enemy loses out on a kill. The more you play the maps, the more aware you'll become of some tricky hiding places and learn to predict it better.

Zack27999 said:
There was staff on every time it happened, and they didn't tell anybody to switch up until the round was about to end.
I don't feel this comment is contributing towards the main topic of this thread. You know how it works if someone is breaking a rule, you've done it before. :p If you noticed uneven teams, maybe the staff member didn't so help out instead of complaining about it.

And since y'all keep comparing the two:
Mines in Classic TNT Wars are not like the ones in TNT. The basic mine (without the upgrade, proximity) required your enemy to physically stand or run over the mine to make it detonate. After the pricey upgrade of 15000 points, you got proximity mines which is basically the mines you see now. Probably the reason not as many people spammed mines back then was they weren't as efficient as they are now. Each mine costing 16 points, getting 1 kill of +10 points, not making up for the price you just paid. With the increase of points it would've taken a kill streak of 16 (16 points/kill) to regain the amount lost for that one mine and that apparently was not enough appeal for more people to use them! Not saying they didn't, I know alkatraz was a popular user of them but having no limit on how many you can place at a time and in deadly spots too made some of us unstoppable... BUT you can't do that now in TNT Wars.

Ummm mines are my working tactics. My KDR is increasing, when I use them.
I also sometimes die a lot due to mines, but I like them.
Also they were from start of PTNT. Also they were in Classic TNT.
Oh. But they were less spammed there.

_ChoasLego_
And no. No one spammed mines like I did on Classic. :3 I would've challenged him to that but...
Moving on!

CONCLUSION: Mines will be nerfed once more, decreasing their radius.
I think I covered all points mentioned? But I don't English well so if something went untouched or phrased too confusingly, fell free to ask.

Eeveon

Reaction score
That being said, each weapon in the store has some counter. For example, get hit with the Fire Bow? The douse is there to put you out. For Mines, the wool cutters are there, yes. You also have your fist (which is free;)) or EVEN TNT! :eek: TNT destroys mines too.
Correct me if I am wrong but, no, it doesn't. It used to earlier on during the release; but I, and many others, have noticed that they don't affect the mines at all - no matter what team's it is. (though I may be wrong as it has been a slight while since I've actually tested this. If I am, ignore me!)

• Informative
Reactions: omgitsathong

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
That being said, each weapon in the store has some counter. For example, get hit with the Fire Bow? The douse is there to put you out. For Mines, the wool cutters are there, yes. You also have your fist (which is free;)) or EVEN TNT! :eek: TNT destroys mines too.
Correct me if I am wrong but, no, it doesn't. It used to earlier on during the release; but I, and many others, have noticed that they don't affect the mines at all - no matter what team's it is. (though I may be wrong as it has been a slight while since I've actually tested this. If I am, ignore me!)

Nope, you are right. It used too but not anymore. :p So ignore that.

• Winner
Reactions: omgitsathong

Terre936

Reaction score
Maybe if upgrades are added in the future, mines will act normally. Meaning, it'll only work if your 1-2blocks on top of it. I disliked the idea of mines already being at proxy x)