Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
AoD has been doing much better as a server these past few weeks - we've had better player counts and more maps submitted. However, this has affected both myself and the player emotionally more than you would expect. Let me explain.

One only has to turn on the nearest news station to see the mess the world is in - from the London attack last week, the mass shooting in a Florida nightclub to the Boston bombings in 2013. When I saw this video last weekend, it reminded me that we can be better than that! We should be promoting Love not violence.

Therefore, myself and staff agree, that we need to put AoD into a new direction. This lovely image from Arelic demonstrates the exact direction we feel that as a server we should be going:

Therefore, we are announcing the following changes to the server:

General:
  • Everyone has access to /hug and /highfive - Spread the love!
  • Modified the chat colour scheme to be a bit more pink!
  • Server name changed to "Army of Love"
Mob:
  • Mobs are now super friendy!
Infection and Zombie:
  • Removed the Hunters and Zombies - we realised that these represented fear and death. Therefore, they have be renamed to "Friends", and are now all cuddly!
  • Similarly, Survivors and Humans have been replaced. On discussion with staff, we decided that the Friends now need more friends to spread the love to, and so they have been renamed to the "Meanies" as they do not want to be friends
  • The new primary goal of these game modes is to become friends with as many people as possible!
Capture the flag Love flag:
  • Guns have been replaced with "Love Beams"
TnT:
  • Changed the names and descriptions of the items significantly:
    • Tnt -> Love Bomb
    • Mine -> Love Mine
    • C4 -> Mystery Gift
    • Large TnT -> Large Love Bomb
    • Napalm -> Candle
    • Grenade -> Glitter Grenade
    • Flash Bang -> Blinding Love Bomb
    • Sticky TnT -> Sticker
    • Confusion Bow - Cupid's Bow
    • Axtinguisher -> Love Axe
    • Defuser -> Argument Defuser

Go hop on the server and spread the love!