Matty

Placid Prospector
Donor
Mafia Host
Discord Staff
Reaction score

[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]If I could have a moment of your time to discuss a very important topic, that will impact the future of what we know as the “EscapeRestart Discord”, Discord Emote Reaction Poll - 409.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Discord Emote Reaction Poll 409, also known as “D.E.R.P :Admin:” or DERP-A, is the proposition of this guy:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent] You may ask what this has to do with you, or with the future of the discord, but I assure you this topic is of the utmost importance. How often do you see someone shitposting in #lounge and want them to quit? Or maybe just want to remind them that the one true admin is watching? Well, if DERP-A passes, that is exactly what you will be able to do with the :admin: emoji, you’ll be able to react to their message, or even just post it by itself in chat as the ever watching eye.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] Now, this great community will endure as it has endured, will regrow and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself – nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert a failing community into a prosperous oasis. In every dark hour of our community's life, a leadership of frankness and vigor has met with that understanding and support of the people themselves which is essential to revival. I am convinced that you will again give that support to DERP-A in these critical days leading up to the final vote.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] And to all of you opposed to DERP-A, here and around the world, I want you to know I’ve heard you. Your cause is not mute, our community needs your ideas, energy and passion. That is the only way we can turn our shambling community and shitposts into real change and growth for EscapeRestart. We made it together, now let’s go out and make it happen together! Together, we will lead our community back to greatness, and we will rebuild what once was. We will be a community of generosity and warmth. But we will also be a community of law and order.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] So how can you help? That’s easy! Just a single up-vote could make a difference, but if you would like to do more, spread the word, talk to your friends, your neighbors, and even your enemies about that issue that is DERP-A.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Don't Know how to vote?[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Visit the Escape Restart Discord and join the #Emotes room.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Find the poll in question and click the ✔ reaction[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]
[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]We also provide some nifty badges to include in your forum signature to help spread the word.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[/BCOLOR]
[/BCOLOR]
Code:
[url=https://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/a-moment-of-your-time.20960/][img]https://i.imgur.com/CcRYMH0.png[/img][/url]
[/BCOLOR]
[/BCOLOR]

[/BCOLOR]
[/BCOLOR]
Code:
[url=https://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/a-moment-of-your-time.20960/][img]https://i.imgur.com/KStvvwj.png[/img][/url]
[/BCOLOR]
[/BCOLOR]​

Last edited:

Matty

Placid Prospector
Donor
Mafia Host
Discord Staff
Reaction score
How high are you?
Sir, I would never do anything as outrageous as drugs in the middle of one of the most important votes in the history of 'The Ones/Blocktopia/EscapeRestart'. Unless you are referring to life, in such case, as high as legally possible.

These are lies and slander by the opposition to sully my name.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Sir, I would never do anything as outrageous as drugs in the middle of one of the most important votes in the history of 'The Ones/Blocktopia/EscapeRestart'. Unless you are referring to life, in such case, as high as legally possible.
tbh I fail to see how this specifically would hold any more importance than an AoD or RoF map, much less everything else that we've done/tried to do to revive.

I won't down vote like probably everyone else will have done by now, but only because this will literally have no effect on me regardless of whether it passes or not.

[edit disclaimer]: I didn't read the entire starting post, but it seems to me this whole thing is over an emote for discord. If this information is incorrect, well then, I'll see myself out, but if it isn't... well, I'll just see myself out under differently indifferent terms.

Last edited:

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
but i already updated my status and everything

face it, uhtr5r's charisma score is just that much higher than yours
this isn't about CHARISMA

this is about the PEOPLE

this is about the COMMUNITY, where their MIND is, where their HEART is

In 20-whatever when all the other MC communities fell, what did we do?

Did we fall too? Did we kneel with the others, did we follow the other sheep to the slaughter?

NO.

WE SAID, YOU KNOW WHAT, THIS ISN'T WHAT WE'RE HERE TO DO. WE'RE HERE TO DO BETTER THAN THAT. TO BE DIFFERENT.

YOU CAN'T JUST COME ALL UP IN HERE, TELLING US TO DIE, TELLING US WE'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO MAKE OUR OWN WAY IN LIFE, TELLING US TO JUST FOLLOW SUIT TO SAVE OURSELVES FROM EMBARRASSMENT.

and HERE WE ARE TODAY

STILL ALIVE, STILL WITH PEOPLE, WITH PEOPLE WHO CARE AND LAUGH AND HAVE GREAT TIMES AND MEET GREAT PEOPLE AND GET INTO STUPID ARGUMENTS OVER STUPID THINGS LIKE USING THE WORD GAY OR WHATEVER BUT LOVING EACH OTHER ALL THE SAME WHEN ITS OVER

WE WENT AGAINST THE NORM, WE REFUSED TO LISTEN WHEN THEY TOLD US TO BACK DOWN, AND THAT WE'D BE MUCH BETTER OFF AS SILENTLY GOING INTO THE DEAD OF THE NIGHT

WE SAID NO, WE'RE DOING IT O U R WAY

now I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU

BUT I'M NOT JUST GONNA SIT HERE

AND LET SOME PERSON SWAN IN HERE

TELLING US TO DO WHAT HE WANTS BECAUSE WE'RE TOO VULNERABLE AND FRAGILE TO SAY NO

AND JUST FOLLOW SUIT AND DO IT

the emote is CREEPY and HARMFUL and VOTING YES GOES AGAINST THE VERY SOIL THAT THIS PLACE WAS BUILT UPON AND I FOR ONE WILL NOT STAND FOR IT

SO I'M VOTING X AGAINST THE POLL, NOT JUST BECAUSE THE EMOTE IS TRASH BUT ALSO BECAUSE IT SHOWS I'M STILL ABLE TO RESIST

I STILL HAVE MY OWN TWO LEGS FIRMLY PLANTED IN THE GROUND

DO YOU?

Reactions: Enderfive

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
this isn't about CHARISMA

this is about the PEOPLE

this is about the COMMUNITY, where their MIND is, where their HEART is

In 20-whatever when all the other MC communities fell, what did we do?

Did we fall too? Did we kneel with the others, did we follow the other sheep to the slaughter?

NO.

WE SAID, YOU KNOW WHAT, THIS ISN'T WHAT WE'RE HERE TO DO. WE'RE HERE TO DO BETTER THAN THAT. TO BE DIFFERENT.

YOU CAN'T JUST COME ALL UP IN HERE, TELLING US TO DIE, TELLING US WE'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO MAKE OUR OWN WAY IN LIFE, TELLING US TO JUST FOLLOW SUIT TO SAVE OURSELVES FROM EMBARRASSMENT.

and HERE WE ARE TODAY

STILL ALIVE, STILL WITH PEOPLE, WITH PEOPLE WHO CARE AND LAUGH AND HAVE GREAT TIMES AND MEET GREAT PEOPLE AND GET INTO STUPID ARGUMENTS OVER STUPID THINGS LIKE USING THE WORD GAY OR WHATEVER BUT LOVING EACH OTHER ALL THE SAME WHEN ITS OVER

WE WENT AGAINST THE NORM, WE REFUSED TO LISTEN WHEN THEY TOLD US TO BACK DOWN, AND THAT WE'D BE MUCH BETTER OFF AS SILENTLY GOING INTO THE DEAD OF THE NIGHT

WE SAID NO, WE'RE DOING IT O U R WAY

now I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU

BUT I'M NOT JUST GONNA SIT HERE

AND LET SOME PERSON SWAN IN HERE

TELLING US TO DO WHAT HE WANTS BECAUSE WE'RE TOO VULNERABLE AND FRAGILE TO SAY NO

AND JUST FOLLOW SUIT AND DO IT

the emote is CREEPY and HARMFUL and VOTING YES GOES AGAINST THE VERY SOIL THAT THIS PLACE WAS BUILT UPON AND I FOR ONE WILL NOT STAND FOR IT

SO I'M VOTING X AGAINST THE POLL, NOT JUST BECAUSE THE EMOTE IS TRASH BUT ALSO BECAUSE IT SHOWS I'M STILL ABLE TO RESIST

I STILL HAVE MY OWN TWO LEGS FIRMLY PLANTED IN THE GROUND

DO YOU?
lets talk about autism

Callias

Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I am Callias, he who hails from the far lands and speaks for the ancient ones. It has been a long time from when I have last visited these parts, but alas, The Ancient Ones have heard of this rift riffling through the primordial lands and have sent me to relay a message.

"We are The Ancient Ones, and we support Discord Emote Reaction Poll 409"

And with the message relayed, I once again must return to the far lands to serve the needs of The Ancient Ones.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score

Eye of the Universe here.

Screw the 'Ancient Ones', they're a bunch of posers, rejects from the Universe's Great Beings who decided to give themselves a fancy name to make themselves feel somewhat important when in reality they have no real significance whatsoever

The Universe says to vote X.

Last edited: