RoF - Accepted _Kaito_Kid's ROF Moderator Application

_Kaito_Kid

Contributor
Reaction score
What is your in-game name? (Please also give any alt accounts, and if you're applying for our TTT or DarkRP server, your Steam ID.) _Kaito_Kid, Wolfs_Reign_

What timezone do you live in?
Pacific Standard Time
How many hours have you played on the server for?
205 hours post wipe. I played on the classic server and put lots of time in back then too.
How many hours can you spend helping out the server per week?
3-7 per day.
What prior staffing experience do you have? (It is not mandatory and it is not a problem if you do not have any.)
I have run servers, managed admins, admined, built for servers since classic minecraft. I worked on servers with usually 15-5 ppl on.
What do you think the role entails?
Being staff means helping new players that need it, not letting rule breakers ruin the experience for other players, appropriately responding to problems and keeping the game fun.
Why do you want to be a staff member?
I think that rof would be better with another staff member because there isn't any on most of the time to deal with problems. I like to help people out and can better do that as staff and have a lot of experience.
What qualities can you bring to the current staff team, that set you apart from other applicants?
I work at home so I can get on if needed and put in a lot of time.
How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
I would get a second opinion from someone more experienced with that situation.
Is there anything else we should know or you want to tell us?
I was banned for two weeks when I was new. link It was back in Aug 14, 2016 so a lot of time has passed since then.
Got any builds you'd like to show off? (Create only but no mandatory)

How well do you know ULX? (DarkRP only)

What would you do in the case of a MassRDM? (DarkRP only)

Please list your references: (For most applications at least 1 reference is mandatory, must be a current Moderator+ on EscapeRestart!)
Dess and RobotGator

• Creative
Reactions: Notme

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
Hey Kaito.
So your activity seems fine to me. You seem to be decently active around the server, which is great.

You're super chill, and friendly around the server. You're always willing to lend a hand to those who need it (offering items, food, blocks, etc), and you're willing to answer questions too. (with the experience and understanding needed to do so accurately)

Your app is solid, and to the point, which I like.

All in all, I think you'd make a great staff member, but I'd like to suggest putting you on Trial to see how you do.

+1

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Alright so,

I'm not sure that everybody has been aware of this been Kaito has actually been a large help recently with issues, meaning he found them and reported them to me so that I could fix them, or get somebody else to fix them if it was out of my hands. One of these such examples was when he discovered that the warp sign for the asylum was missing, something that we as a staff team should have discovered and fixed a long time ago. Instead of spamming staff nonstop with it he simply sent me a message on discord letting me know it was missing so that I was aware of it. This shows me that you already have and idea of how to solve problems that you may not personally be able to solve, that being by reaching out to somebody who you think might be able to.

I have also somewhat been discord stalking for the past while and when I don't have a chance to get on I can see that Kaito is maintaining a solid presence on the server and is actually enforcing the rules to the best of his ability with the lack of commands.

Now while, as you did mention you were previously banned that does bring some issues up to mind, however it also shows that you know what is not acceptable and you have been on the receiving side of that so you know how to prevent it.

Now while I am still going to give you a +1, as made evident I would like you to expand on what sets you apart from other potential staff members. Think of this as a job interview, if we had numerous other applicants why should we pick you? What can you bring to the table that others may not be able to?

(Yes this is a +1)

_Kaito_Kid

Contributor
Reaction score
Alright so,

I'm not sure that everybody has been aware of this been Kaito has actually been a large help recently with issues, meaning he found them and reported them to me so that I could fix them, or get somebody else to fix them if it was out of my hands. One of these such examples was when he discovered that the warp sign for the asylum was missing, something that we as a staff team should have discovered and fixed a long time ago. Instead of spamming staff nonstop with it he simply sent me a message on discord letting me know it was missing so that I was aware of it. This shows me that you already have and idea of how to solve problems that you may not personally be able to solve, that being by reaching out to somebody who you think might be able to.

I have also somewhat been discord stalking for the past while and when I don't have a chance to get on I can see that Kaito is maintaining a solid presence on the server and is actually enforcing the rules to the best of his ability with the lack of commands.

Now while, as you did mention you were previously banned that does bring some issues up to mind, however it also shows that you know what is not acceptable and you have been on the receiving side of that so you know how to prevent it.

Now while I am still going to give you a +1, as made evident I would like you to expand on what sets you apart from other potential staff members. Think of this as a job interview, if we had numerous other applicants why should we pick you? What can you bring to the table that others may not be able to?

(Yes this is a +1)
Since I have run/staffed for servers for years and I have played on heavily hack ridden servers (like 2b2t) I know what to look out for to spot when someone is cheating. (and the different ways they can cheat)
I have a lot of experience with building maps and spawns if that's ever needed.
This is the first and only time I've been banned on any server and I know that given the chance I would prove to be a helpful moderator.
I have a lot of fun playing on here but just today there have been several times I couldn't do anything when someone would come on and flood everyone's homes. Sometimes a mod can't get on in time to restore players inventories when a greifer gets on and keeps killing people. I could have helped with the situation if I was staff.
I help new players with understanding the rules and tips with surviving and how to play.
It seems that there are not as many staff on in my timezone also. I'm on the pacific coast and when I get on some of you are going to bed.
I'm also quick at learning commands and know the server rules.

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Right, I think the staff have had an adequate amount of time to post on here, and we have had a discussion on Discord. We think you're deserving of a trial, so we'll give you one and see how it goes. I'll be PMing you some details soon, but if you catch me before then please message me and I'll guide you through everything.

Congratulations!

Trial

Reactions: Deleted member 4601

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
You've had a very long trial, but I think it's been worth it, as you've listened to the suggestions we've made, shown a massive improvement from when you started your trial, and now from what I've seen from logs I think you're now right to officially join the team, so welcome!

Trial passed. Accepted!

[sup]I'll do Luna's app very soon as well, I promise[/sup]