Other #7: Boardgame Online

This early?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scrable

Reaction score
The 7th GameNight is upon us!
When? This Saturday of course! Here is a countdown and the time for the event and since you won't be clicking these links anyway:
Saturday, 26.05., right after the meeting as always! 20:30 UTC

Hey hey what a surprise, BoardGameOnline has won... Also the discord poll is still open, on when you think the GameNight should take place. So just vote on it, it's just one click.

Boardgame Online is a free online game with a... certain kind of humor. The aim is to be the first to reach the finish line (and not get nuked by the UN)

These are the games you may vote on

HEY HEY VOTE ON THESE:

Terraria
A minecraft clone in 2D(who would even CONSIDER playing that?)
STEAM LINK (200MB)

Boardgame Online
If you enjoy suffering and bullying, this is certainly a game to play. It is probably worth mentioning that it is slightly... well, weird
It's in browser
GAME LINK

OpenLierox
It looks like worms... But it is in realtime. Based on Liero, it's a shoot-em-up. There are several possible configurations. It has to be downloaded and installed(more info to come)
GAME LINK (75MB)

Supreme Commander Forged Alliance
Because you won't get rid of these RTSs. It's regarded as a legendary RTS and still has active servers... that is if you make an account on Forged Alliance Forever and also install their launcher. Several PvP, PvE and FFA configurations are possible. (Tournaments could also be made with this)
It costs though. (Max 16 players)
STEAM LINK / FAF LINK (You need both) (4GB)

OpenSpades
It's Minecraft but with guns. A remake of the original Ace of Spades(before it got dumbed down)
You can build, shoot and destroy. Bunkers and trenchwarfare can be fun.
Needs to be downloaded and installed.
GAME LINK

Jackbox Games
A sixth game?
Yes a sixth game, since this game has to be bought by just one person. (I'm not really willing to buy it)
It's something like Cards against Humanity but at the same time it is not. It is rather a collection of several games, but do expect CAH and BGO levels of humor. There are several party packs...
GAME LINK

A room will be opened on Saturday 20:30 UTC(possibly earlier), right after the meeting!
There will also be multiple rounds in case you miss the start, each game should take about 10-30 minutes.

Be there
Consider this a personal invitation to the shitshow
All you have to do to view the channel is to assign yourself the gamenight role on Discord. The purpose of the channel for now will be just general discussion about the GameNight event. It is also highly possible that it will also be used for suggestions. And in case you somehow still don't have Discord, just view the forums for the information you need to join. In case of problems contact me.

There will be a gamenight every other weekend, e.g. every 2 weeks hosted by the friendly staff of EscapeRestart and organized by me.

So you might ask, how does a Gamenight work? What is Gamenight? What do I have to do to participate?
Simple, a server gets hosted, players come and go, be it community members or outsiders and people have fun.
Now, what do you, the player have to do? Nothing. Just join whenever you feel like, have fun in whatever game we might be playing and look forward to the next event.

The main point of these Gamenights is to give the community something special. Something members can look forward to, to end the monotony, which is why the gamenight won’t be fixated on a single game but will try to explore multiple games, known or unknown, which we together as a community can enjoy.
Now you might ask, why not just make a permanent server?
This is to avoid burning out the playerbase. Would the server be made permanent and just change the game bi-weekly, it certainly would certainly not be filled at all times, which defeats the entire purpose of this event.
Now, you surely won’t like what kind of games I pick for the gamenight, which is why I’m asking you to send me suggestions. I will make sure to open a poll for the next gamenight, which will be in about 2 weeks from now to make the event host your favorite game.
Required Criteria:
-It has a multiplayer, it makes no sense to suggest a singleplayer game for a multiplayer event.
-It supports a sufficient amount of playerslots (More than 3)
Bonus points if it fullfills these additional criteria:
-It’s free.
-The gamesize is relatively small
-The more playerslots possible the better
-Many in the Community have it.(When it isn’t free)

In case you simply want to get it into the rotation:
Just let me know!

Link to the survey(Yes it is the same one as advertised previously)
Still could use a bunch more feedback... Yes it is outdated as well.
Request yer damn games! Just PM me here or message me on Discord.
Keep in mind, once a game has been put up for an event, it won’t be considered for the next 2 events, to keep the selection of games spread out.

In case you have any more questions, feel free to ask them. I also don’t mind any suggestions for improvement or pointing out mistakes. Seriously, I don't bite.

Let the games commence!

Last edited: