7 Days to Die Server Petition

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Hello all,

This is a petition for the creation of a 7 Days to Die event server, as well as a showcase of what I like about the game and why you should consider trying it out.

If you would enjoy an event server like this, please comment to show your support!

Basics:
7DtD is a game about zombie survival. You begin gameplay naked and alone in a post-apocalyptic wasteland infested with endless zombie hordes. You must survive against the elements, wild animals, other players, your own hunger and thirst and disease while avoiding having your brains slurped up by an angry zombie with a sharp straw.

Survival:
Create a home alone or band together with friends (officially ally together in-game and track your allies on your compass!) and create a home with endless possibilities including multiple material types, traps, doors, windows, pits, moats, spikes, you name it! The entire world in 7DtD is destructible, lootable, and buildable. Secret bunker in the bottom of a mine? Done. Island lakehouse? Done. Medieval fortress of blood-covered doom? Done. 7DtD has all the creative juices of Minecraft but provides an extra challenge in material gathering, crafting, survival, as well as semi-realistic physics.

Skills and Crafting:
Don't expect to be able to craft a master-level shotgun sniper rocket turret right from the get-go. Reaching higher tier crafting requires effort, training, and luck. There are a variety of starter-level tools available to craft from the beginning, but in order to craft higher level items, you must meet some special requirements.

Some items are only craftable after finding the correct schematics, such as guns, armor, and high level construction tools. You are able to find this in the world despite not being able to craft them, if you are lucky.

Some items are only craftable after unlocking the correct skill perk. For example, steel is only craftable after reaching a certain level in the construction tools skill and spending skill points to unlock the steel smithing perk. You are still able to find steel tools in the world if you don't have the perk.

Some items are only obtainable by salvaging or looting. A headlight, for example, can only be found or salvaged from a car with the correct tool.

Skills are increased by performing the correct action in a skill to level it up. Athletics is increased by running, tool smithing is increased by making tools, etc.

http://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/Skills

PVP:

Pvp in 7DtD is pretty straightforward. Find another player, and kill them if you want. They will drop all of their belongings on death and you can take what you want. When you die in this game, your stamina and health maximums decrease (increase them by eating decent food), and your belongings drop on the ground. A marker is displayed on your compass showing the location of your last death.

There is also a configurable anti-grief system in 7DtD. Land claim blocks prevent other players (except allies) from building on your claimed land and adds durability to the blocks in your area, or makes them indestructible depending on the settings.

http://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/Land_Claims

Horde Night:

Per the game's name, a special event happens every 7 days. On the night of the 7th day (or 14th, 21s, 28th...) a Blood Moon will rise and a horde of zombies will assault players.
  • In current versions, the make up of the zombie hordes is based on the levels of the top 5 characters in the area.

• This horde of zombies will be able to detect the player through walls and when underground, even when no noise is being made, the heat map is low, and no odorous foods are being carried.
    On the seventh night, this horde will contain only normal zombies with a small number of Zombie Dogs. The horde on night 14 will be larger. On the 21st night, Zombie Bears, Burn Victims, Infected Police Officers, and Feral Zombies will join the horde, which will continue to grow in size every week through night 49.
This is what the previous 7 days lead up to, and it is what will tell you if your base defense is up to snuff or not.

Other stuff:
There are occasionally air drops in the midday, which drop a crate of valuable materials.
There are quests that are found on zombie corpses and can be a variety of tasks such as finding buried treasure or killing a certain enemy in a specified way.
There are a variety of biomes which each have their own unique zombies, temperatures, and available wildlife.
The game IS currently in the alpha stages but is still very enjoyable. Steam link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/251570/7_Days_to_Die/
Current price is $24.99 for one or $39.99 for a two pack.

Thanks!

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
That's pretty much the only downside to the game, but it really is worth it and is A LOT of fun, especially with friends.

I'm definitely looking into the idea of running an event server for this.
You should only do so if there's adequate support and not just because I think it's a good idea.

That being said, if people are mildly interested in this, they should speak up.

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
A chance for me to leech off of Ogar's hard work and building skills? It'll be like playing on RoF all over again. I'm definitely interested.
Building 7DTD is fucking h e l l the physics is unpredictable and have a big learning curve lmaooo

Note: you cannot build in 7DTD like you build in Minecraft d o n o t

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
To add to thus discussion:

Sounds like a fun game, but never played it, and dont know how my laptop would potentially run it. Like Inffy said, its still quite pricy.

However, for anyone who is familiar with humblebundle, their webstore sells it with 60% discount for the next week.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
To add to thus discussion:

Sounds like a fun game, but never played it, and dont know how my laptop would potentially run it. Like Inffy said, its still quite pricy.

However, for anyone who is familiar with humblebundle, their webstore sells it with 60% discount for the next week.
THIS. YES.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/7-days-to-die

CURRENTLY $9.99

THANK YOUUUUUUUUU

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
How hard is this game on your computer, anyone know?

Looks like it might be really interesting, if my computer can run it, im up for giving it a try.
MINIMUM:
  • Processor: 2.4 Ghz Dual Core CPU
  • Memory: 6 GB RAM
  • Graphics: 1 GB Dedicated Memory
  • DirectX: Version 10
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 4 GB available space
  • Sound Card: Sound Card: DirectX® Compatible
  • Additional Notes: Running the Dedicated Server and Client on the same computer will double ram requirements. Also future releases may require more hard drive space.
RECOMMENDED:
  • Processor: 3.0 Ghz Quad Core CPU or faster
  • Memory: 12 GB RAM
  • Graphics: 2 GB Dedicated Memory
  • DirectX: Version 10
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 4 GB available space
  • Sound Card: Sound Card: DirectX® Compatible
  • Additional Notes: Running the Dedicated Server and Client on the same computer will double ram requirements. Also future releases may require more hard drive space.

Kattzen

Kattzen!
Reaction score
This game is extremely fun with friends. I currently own a server and have been, on and off, playing the game in the past couple of months with friends. In my opinion, this is the best zombie survival crafting game on the market right now. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to someone who was looking for something fun to play with some buddies. PLAY IN HIGH DIFFICULTY FOR MAXIMUM DEATH FUN

• Agree
Reactions: IQD and Ogarci