5 Nights At Freddy's

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
With the final installment released, the very hyped, very spoorky 5naf series is complete. Pretty sure this thread hasn't been posted before so I'd really like my fellow players to come together and discuss the game - 1 through 3!

I leave this thread open for you to discuss...
  • Your favorite animatronic (if you have one).
  • Your least favorite animatronic (you definitely have one).
  • Any theories you have / have read that you think are/n't plausible.
  • How good / bad you are at these games (pics?).
  • Your least / favorite installment.
  • Do you even like the game(s)? You're welcome to say your opinions here.
  • etc!

DaniGrenade

Reaction score
Website
www.nyancat.net
My Opinions On :

FNAF1: A very unexpected game-mode with a strange story unlike any other horror game I've played. "A Chuck-e-Cheese's Horror game? What?!" were my first thoughts when it came out. I enjoyed the gameplay up until Night 4. By then I knew all of the jumpscares and when to expect them. It became more of an annoyance of clicking back and forth constantly just to beat Night 5 and Night 6. Still, I think it was worth my money to beat it.

FNAF2: I was very excited to hear that another FNAF prequel was to come out. Only thing that disappointed me the most was how early it came out. It hadn't been even half a year and another was released. It felt rushed to me, and had much more potential. Still, the gameplay was fun and creepy up until Night 4. It then just became another process of checking cameras, clicking buttons, etc etc. However, the fact that it was a PREQUEL (I think) interested me since it had some clues of WHY the animatronics act the way they do. With so many new ones aswell, I have to say that this one was my favorite.

FNAF3: What the fuck. What is this. Who are you. What happened to the rest of the animatronics. Why.

In all seriousness, the third one is probably the biggest disappointment out there. It doesn't seem anywhere connected to the last two. It's a horror amusement park for FNAF, I guess, but I just really dislike the way Scott(The man that made it all) ended it. There doesn't really seem to be a full story besides those mini-games you play after surviving a night. Where does the Marionette have a play in the game? Or was he just there as an extra challenge? What about that large purple bear animatronic? Is he the actual killer? Bleh.
As for the gameplay, I also dislike how from what I've seen, only that bunny(Springtrap?) can kill you. The rest are just hallucinations and only seem there to jumpscare you. As usual, those got tiring as well. Scott made a good job of making the game creepy, but not something that even makes me flinch. I'm going out on a limb here to say that Scott probably got greedy or something and didn't take his time to think it all through. Developing a game is hard and time-consuming, I know, but I wish he took more time to polish it up. :(

In conclusion, FNAF was just a repeat of getting scared, getting annoyed, then getting bored. Over and Over again. The theories were fun though.

Kalliee

Reaction score
"Probably"
I also love the game play..
I played the first game on my phone. I don't have that phone anymore. Honestly, I'm a person who gets easily scared. And having a game like this is just.. amazing, for some.. reason..
I tried the second game on my laptop. And let me just say: No thank you. Mangle (Or whatever it's name is) Started making that noise, so I wound up the music box really quickly, as balloon boy sat there laughing at me. After all that happened, I was freaking out so much that Foxy murdered me.
On the third game, I must admit: It did seem a bit rushed. Like he was trying to hurry up and get the game out there so everyone would be happy. He could've made the overall game a bit better, but I kind of like all the easter eggs and minigames. It's also kind of cool that you can get "better" endings.. I still have yet to try this one.
I kind of hope that fnaf4 becomes a thing, so that we can learn more of the story, as long as it's not rushed.
Overall, I really like these games even though I almost died a few times..
~Kalliee

Reactions: Tails506

SparklyMuffinz

Reaction score
I didn't expect many people to comment. :-)
I can't play these and yet my 9 year old sister can. I feel really uncool.
It took a collaboration of 3 people (including myself) to beat the first one... well mostly, we're still not finished since we're stuck on Night 5. 1 person dropped out because she's too scared (21 years old), the other tries her best but doesn't have a good strategy (16 years old) so it falls to me... AND I CAN'T DO IT BY MYSELF. Therefore, you are not alone! Has your sister beaten them all?

I've attempted to watch playthrough videos.

Nope.
Watch playthroughs?

Starting a petition to raise money and buy it for you! (My tip to watching playthroughs - since you generally learn when the jumpscare happens - especially in the first one - just lean back in your chair and sort of squint a little bit. Works for me now.)

"Probably"
I also love the game play..
I played the first game on my phone. I don't have that phone anymore. Honestly, I'm a person who gets easily scared. And having a game like this is just.. amazing, for some.. reason..
I tried the second game on my laptop. And let me just say: No thank you. Mangle (Or whatever it's name is) Started making that noise, so I wound up the music box really quickly, as balloon boy sat there laughing at me. After all that happened, I was freaking out so much that Foxy murdered me.
On the third game, I must admit: It did seem a bit rushed. Like he was trying to hurry up and get the game out there so everyone would be happy. He could've made the overall game a bit better, but I kind of like all the easter eggs and minigames. It's also kind of cool that you can get "better" endings.. I still have yet to try this one.
I kind of hope that fnaf4 becomes a thing, so that we can learn more of the story, as long as it's not rushed.
Overall, I really like these games even though I almost died a few times..
~Kalliee
Markiplier is hands down the King of FNAF. How was the mobile? I considered getting it but I wasn't sure how varied the controls were from the computer? Although I imagine they must be pretty similar since it's not complicated gameplay. I agree with you though, I did feel like the 3rd one was rushed. Also, I am pretty sure it's a trilogy, considering how different it is from the other games, the endings, the news clipping where Scott talks about the game (seriously, give it a read if you haven't already. He used to have dreams Bonnie was waiting for him at his doorway but he didn't have a door!) and of course, the conclusion to our story. I feel like now, because of this installment, we have officially beaten the game. The other two wins weren't the win, they were just getting us here. Trying to make a point while being subtle so not to spoil it for people, haha.

My Opinions On :

FNAF1: A very unexpected game-mode with a strange story unlike any other horror game I've played. "A Chuck-e-Cheese's Horror game? What?!" were my first thoughts when it came out. I enjoyed the gameplay up until Night 4. By then I knew all of the jumpscares and when to expect them. It became more of an annoyance of clicking back and forth constantly just to beat Night 5 and Night 6. Still, I think it was worth my money to beat it.

FNAF2: I was very excited to hear that another FNAF prequel was to come out. Only thing that disappointed me the most was how early it came out. It hadn't been even half a year and another was released. It felt rushed to me, and had much more potential. Still, the gameplay was fun and creepy up until Night 4. It then just became another process of checking cameras, clicking buttons, etc etc. However, the fact that it was a PREQUEL (I think) interested me since it had some clues of WHY the animatronics act the way they do. With so many new ones aswell, I have to say that this one was my favorite.

FNAF3: What the fuck. What is this. Who are you. What happened to the rest of the animatronics. Why.

In all seriousness, the third one is probably the biggest disappointment out there. It doesn't seem anywhere connected to the last two. It's a horror amusement park for FNAF, I guess, but I just really dislike the way Scott(The man that made it all) ended it. There doesn't really seem to be a full story besides those mini-games you play after surviving a night. Where does the Marionette have a play in the game? Or was he just there as an extra challenge? What about that large purple bear animatronic? Is he the actual killer? Bleh.
As for the gameplay, I also dislike how from what I've seen, only that bunny(Springtrap?) can kill you. The rest are just hallucinations and only seem there to jumpscare you. As usual, those got tiring as well. Scott made a good job of making the game creepy, but not something that even makes me flinch. I'm going out on a limb here to say that Scott probably got greedy or something and didn't take his time to think it all through. Developing a game is hard and time-consuming, I know, but I wish he took more time to polish it up. :(

In conclusion, FNAF was just a repeat of getting scared, getting annoyed, then getting bored. Over and Over again. The theories were fun though.
Awesome post and I agree with you on all of it. Although, as I said above, I am still stuck on Night 5 and have very specific conditions to playing (have people around me who are listening for Freddy's laugh and counting, lights are on, etc...)

I think a lot of people were disappointed with the timing, claiming he was just doing it for money since they were so close together. I'm not sure why he planned it out like that but I'm sure he did because he promised the sequel in 2015 and that's when it came. FNAF2 did come out in 2014 but it was a prequel, therefore the sequel did come out in 2015! Sneaky bastard. It was at this point I was super interested in the story hidden throughout the walls, speech, text, animatronics...

I agree that this one was probably the most ... not good (lol). I didn't like the idea that it was set at this horror attraction; I feel like that took away the spookiness from the animatronics and the mystery. However, it is not that simply ended. ;) I, too, said he ended it poorly at first. That it way too simple compaired to the other two and there wasn't a deep story behind it but I was wrong.
There are actually 2 endings. The first one is the bad one, naturally. To get this, you just play the game. Play the game, beat it, kill purple guy and the you see 5 heads (Freddy, Foxy, Chica, what we assume to be Golden Freddy in the back, and Bonnie). These heads are still lit up and being used. At the top of the screen it says, "Bad Ending?" and it should say that because it is... these suits are still haunted, regardless of the purple guy dying, these souls of the children have still not been freed. They will probably forever be trapped in these suits.

Although there is a bad ending, you'd think there is a good ending right? Well, technically. The other ending doesn't say "Good Ending", it simply says "The End" and to get this ending is LIKE 1000% IMPOSSIBLE. IT'S SO BULL CRAP, LIKE I HAVE NO IDEA HOW ANYONE FIGURED IT OUT. Like 48 hours after the game is out FOR SOMEONE TO KNOW THIS IS INSANE!!! I digress. To get the good ending, you must free the children's souls throughout each night by playing a mini game. The mini games are hidden throughout the entire map and you need to play them in a certain order for it to work. Hidden in each one is a crying child... you need to find them and save them. Here is a full detailed video of how to do it since it's hella complicated. Markiplier says he has done it, just waiting for the video upload. Point is, I think there is more, we just have to find it - just like every other game.

As for your other questions, Marionette is also a jumpscare, the killer is still purple guy from game 2, Springtrap is the only animatronic(????) since the other ones we've "known and loved" are dismantled officially this time. They're all scattered, as you can probably see, throughout the entire building. I feel more like he was ready to end the series. I will say some of it felt forced, like why were we even there, supervising a place that hasn't even been opened yet? Compared to #1 and #2 when we're actually security guards on a night shift to a building that's actually opened. Also must've been a horrible, run down building if the vents are going out so often that we don't have air. Something else I didn't like was that you can control Springtrap's movement in this one. What made the other ones so scary was the unpredictable part. Sure, the animatronics have general behaviours that they follow but none that we actually controlled. Because of this, I feel like it's less scary since you sort of know what to expect. Regardless of me saying this, I'll still freak out like a little wuss when I play it.

I think at the end of the day, we know it was repetitive gameplay, same jumpscares but a lot of returned for the story. I don't know if that's why you did but I had to know how the story ended. I feel like Scott didn't make a single mistake throughout this entire series, he was so specific and gave us so much detail, we just had to find it. Sure the games were fun for some time but I'm more sad the story is over! I would've been down for more story telling, regardless of the gameplay - it was just so good!

Last edited:

Kalliee

Reaction score
Markiplier is hands down the King of FNAF. How was the mobile? I considered getting it but I wasn't sure how varied the controls were from the computer? Although I imagine they must be pretty similar since it's not complicated gameplay. I agree with you though, I did feel like the 3rd one was rushed. Also, I am pretty sure it's a trilogy, considering how different it is from the other games, the endings, the news clipping where Scott talks about the game (seriously, give it a read if you haven't already. He used to have dreams Bonnie was waiting for him at his doorway but he didn't have a door!) and of course, the conclusion to our story. I feel like now, because of this installment, we have officially beaten the game. The other two wins weren't the win, they were just getting us here. Trying to make a point while being subtle so not to spoil it for people, haha.
The mobile is actually pretty easy to use. Minus the fact that the screen is small and trying to click the cameras gets a bit hard.. I literally killed a few of my friends trying to play it. One of them got in trouble for screaming.. Anyways, if you enjoy the game(s) I'd get it on your phone, because it's not that different, minus using your fingers instead of the mouse. And honestly, I do have to agree with you, I don't think there'll be another game, and if there is, it probably won't be fnaf.. I do have to say that the ending was the best part of the third game.. I hope Scott makes more games like fnaf, I always love watching YouTubers almost die..
~Kalliee

SparklyMuffinz

Reaction score
And honestly, I do have to agree with you, I don't think there'll be another game, and if there is, it probably won't be fnaf.. I do have to say that the ending was the best part of the third game.. I hope Scott makes more games like fnaf, I always love watching YouTubers almost die..
~Kalliee
Thanks for the feedback! Will probably get it on my phone then. I just wanted to point out this last part... it's funny to me to think Scott is one of those people who got turned down repeatedly and then goes on to do something awesome. Some unnecessary side commentary: he's made a couple games but they never got picked up and one reason in particular was because his characters "looked too much like animatronics". But regardless of the series ending and him coming out with another game that's not FNAF (it's gonna suck at first tbh) he has gained +1 fan from (and many others I'm sure!) who will stick with him and his games now. :-) Which is awesome for him! He seems like such a nice person too.

Anyways, I suggest checking out MattPatt if you guys like theories. Although his gets disproven after the next installment is released, he's still spot on with his research and all can be very viable stand alone theories. I linked 1 + 2, still waiting on his theory for the 3rd! It's coming. Also his first one creeped me out and then the SECOND one... I don't even know, it was pretty freaky. It made me fear the purple guy. Anyways, enough rambling from me. Here they are.

He's a little dramatic, being a drama guy. I think Scott actually reviewed one of Matt's vids somewhere. I do suggest the watch! Enjoy~

Reactions: JKangaroo

Kalliee

Reaction score
Anyways, I suggest checking out MattPatt if you guys like theories.
These game theories.. Honestly, it makes you want to think way farther into a game than needed. But that's not a bad thing..
"But that's just a theory... A game theory."

I was going to get to sleep right after I watched these videos, but uh

nope, that's not happening anymore.
Yes. Stay up all night thinking "why did I watch this?" As I sit here doing something with my school for 4 more hours.. My school is amazing, making the teachers stay up with us until 7am \o/
~Kalliee

SparklyMuffinz

Reaction score
I was going to get to sleep right after I watched these videos, but uh

nope, that's not happening anymore.
SEE, I was going rewatch them as I was linking each one but I was getting nervous all over again and wanted to sleep so I didn't. I seriously have troubles even looking at the purple man.

These game theories.. Honestly, it makes you want to think way farther into a game than needed. But that's not a bad thing..
"But that's just a theory... A game theory."
I fully think that was Scott's intent. As we established earlier, the games are rather repetitive; the next instalment only being a slight adaption of the last and the jump scares lose their credibility in making a "great and scary" game like the first one. But there's been 3 games now so I wonder if it's solely the gameplay bringing people back.

I think at the end of the day, we know it was repetitive gameplay, same jumpscares but a lot of returned for the story. I don't know if that's why you did but I had to know how the story ended. I feel like Scott didn't make a single mistake throughout this entire series, he was so specific and gave us so much detail, we just had to find it. Sure the games were fun for some time but I'm more sad the story is over! I would've been down for more story telling, regardless of the gameplay - it was just so good!
There's just too many clues and hints dropped by Scott for this not to be a story telling game. It's my assumption that his full intention was to leave an open ended story and let the fans fill in blanks. Only problem is there are too many blanks.

If you don't believe me, take a look at the following:

• This is the FNAF3's Steam Greenlight page. Pages and pages of threads; some yelling about Scott, the game but majority of them are theories.
• This is the FNAF wiki page (for #1 and #2). Each game gets their own page for theories since they change with every game.
• YouTube. Literally can't link every video here but just search "Five Nights At Freddy's theory" and you'll get 1000 theories from Foxy is actually a good guy in the first game, Mangle caused the bite of '87 to where phone guy's body is.

If you want to get a full taste of the story, I strongly recommend going through those theories - even though there are no right answer and many wrong ones - they help you understand just how truly scary the story of FNAF is (and also to develop your own!) I can't wait for more to arise for the 3rd one because there is more back story here, I know it.

13:26
I SEALED IT OFFFF! love markiplier
Frig, I hate that picture of Springtrap that he used for the thumbnail. I love watching him too though! Pewdie beat it first but he cheated part way and Mark being the King of FNAF, always pays attention to what the game is trying to tell him and decoding it, making him the obvious choice of YouTuber to watch. Can't wait to see his good ending video.

Reactions: digi and Tails506