4D political compass

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
That's the way to do it, calling a whole group and everyone not aligning with your political position, stupid.
And then you try to tell me about ignorance, maybe rereading what you just wrote, might make you understand your big mistake here.
There's a reason the UK left the EU and Americans voted Trump, and I wouldn't pin it down to "highly sophisticated political prowess" regardless of my political alignment. But then again I'm just a sheep like everybody else for not assuming Obama was some oligarchy lizard man controlling us with chem trails and lies about climate change.

So no I'm not gonna pin this to ignorance... uhhhhhhhh this time imma a pin it to you being a hypocrite with a side of cherry picking facts to support your ultra conservative bigotry ;)

• Old
Reactions: Scrable

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
aqua if you want to change someone's opinion, insulting them won't help, because sometimes then if they admit they're wrong it's also admitting that your opinion of them, however insulting it may be, is correct, and that makes it much harder for someone to open their mind about why they may be wrong.

political discussions would be so much more productive if people didn't go into discussions as 'debates' with the aim to polarise the opposition and to win and make the other feel stupid and instead tried to work with the other party to get to the best solution!!!!!

but that's my opinion, please enlighten me if i am mistaken

Scrable

Reaction score
There's a reason the UK left the EU and Americans voted Trump, and I wouldn't pin it down to "highly sophisticated political prowess" regardless of my political alignment. But then again I'm just a sheep like everybody else for not assuming Obama was some oligarchy lizard man controlling us with chem trails and lies about climate change.

So no I'm not gonna pin this to ignorance... uhhhhhhhh this time imma a pin it to you being a hypocrite with a side of cherry picking facts to support your ultra conservative bigotry ;)
Or it is simply because of people like who are such hypocrites, who can not even comprehend other viewpoints and instead try to ridicule and insult their opponents, simply because of the wrong opinion.
What makes you an expert? I'm going to stay honest here, you must be a retard to not even comprehend basic politics and your hypocritical use of these buzzwords won't help you in any way.
So stop strawmanning and educate yourself.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Or it is simply because of people like who are such hypocrites,
instead try to ridicule and insult their opponents, simply because of the wrong opinion.
you must be a retard to not even comprehend basic politics
You probably realize this already and just don't care but tbh this is also rather hypocritical of you Scrable, though I understand why you'd resort to personal attacks after being personally attacked yourself, it'd help if at least one of you would try to keep things not-personal so that this doesn't spiral out of control

Didn't say that as an attack on you by the way, I completely understand why you might say that after being ridiculed by Aqua, not that I agree it was a good thing to do, but I'm just trying to keep this from getting too personal because then someone might get into trouble and I don't think anyone can be bothered to deal with that, myself included <3

so uh consider this an official admin verbal warning for both of you to keep personal insults out if this thanks!!!

edit: wow it feels so wrong being all admin-like and speaking to you like my word is the law or whatever but I'm just trying to keep the peace y'know!

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Notme and Aqua

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Or it is simply because of people like who are such hypocrites, who can not even comprehend other viewpoints and instead try to ridicule and insult their opponents, simply because of the wrong opinion.
What makes you an expert? I'm going to stay honest here, you must be a retard to not even comprehend basic politics and your hypocritical use of these buzzwords won't help you in any way.
So stop strawmanning and educate yourself.
Hey I'm no expert, I'm just a guy who likes to stay up to date with the daily political bow wows of the 21st century. And hey, I never denied being a retard, but denying that there is a serious problem with political ignorance and voting despite not knowing what/who you're voting for is beyond my retardicity ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But yeah, I completely agree in most cases its best to challenge, debate and convince to get someone to change their mind, but you're not planning on changing your mind regardless of what I say.

After all you've already proven facts don't work on you, I doubt the ramblings of some nerd will either :)

• Dislike

Scrable

Reaction score
Just one thing, since I can not let this sit here, in what way do facts not work on me? Do you really believe that anything you have posted is a fact?
Also if you are taking interest in politics, I would have expected you to actually know more then what everyone already does. So yeah bad troll, aqua.

• Haha
Reactions: Aqua

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Just one thing, since I can not let this sit here, in what way do facts not work on me? Do you really believe that anything you have posted is a fact?
So yeah bad troll, aqua.
Facts was referring to back to the climate change debate we've had several times on discord, can't let that go to rest so easily :finger:
And actually I think you'll find this was a pretty good troll, it got you riled up after all :^)

Gosh we are making good use of the removal of the political discussion ban aren't we, I'm surprised only inf has decided to jump in

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Facts was referring to back to the climate change debate we've had several times on discord, can't let that go to rest so easily :finger:
And actually I think you'll find this was a pretty good troll, it got you riled up after all :^)

Gosh we are making good use of the removal of the political discussion ban aren't we, I'm surprised only inf has decided to jump in
The issue with the climate change debate between you two is that you see the reported statistics and stuff as facts, and from what I gather, Scrable sees them as potential conspiracy/false statistics published with a secret motive in mind, so he doesn't see them as facts, so when you just keep saying he ignores facts, he just keeps saying he doesn't, and you both just go round in circles because nobody's making it clear enough what they're trying to say

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
The issue with the climate change debate between you two is that you see the reported statistics and stuff as facts, and from what I gather, Scrable sees them as potential conspiracy/false statistics published with a secret motive in mind, so he doesn't see them as facts, so when you just keep saying he ignores facts, he just keeps saying he doesn't, and you both just go round in circles because nobody's making it clear enough what they're trying to say
The thing is inf, regardless of whether you don't trust a specific source (and this applies to any situation). If a good 90%+ of all the worlds highly regarded news and scientific outlets support human influences in climate change, and you flag them ALL as flase. You're being closed minded

• Dislike

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
The thing is inf, regardless of whether you don't trust a specific source (and this applies to any situation). If a good 90%+ of all the worlds highly regarded news and scientific outlets support human influences in climate change, and you flag them ALL as flase. You're being closed minded
That may be true but that's not what Scrable believes, so your discussions with him should focus on that rather than a constant back and forth of "the facts say otherwise" and "those aren't facts"

Aqua

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
That may be true but that's not what Scrable believes, so your discussions with him should focus on that rather than a constant back and forth of "the facts say otherwise" and "those aren't facts"
-Discussion was concluded on discord, I don't want to sound bias but I think a general consensus of scrable being wrong was reached.

EDIT:

By consensus I mean everyone other than scrable, which is why he disliked my post lmao

Last edited:
  • Dislike
  • Winner
Reactions: Rune and Scrable