What PvP mechanics you prefer?

• Total voters

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Can we have 1.9 PvP?
I bet Ogarci server will use new PvP mechanics (1.9 pvp update).
So after few weeks, when players start coming again to AoD, they will be used to 1.10 PvP.

Currently FFA, Mob Arena and Premium Zombie modes use pvp mechanics before 1.9 (other modes are Infection, TNT and CTF).

Can these have 1.9 PvP after adding shield to every kit?
Probably this suggestion would need some adjustment in kits and maps.

Or was removal of cooldown, when using weapons/tools, was only change to new pvp mechanics?

Last edited:
Reactions: Amorix

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
AOD was previously 1.9 but not a lot of people liked it so now 1.8 is better and more people like it so i don't really get the point of this thread...
This is my point:
So after few weeks, when players start coming again to AoD, they will be used to 1.10 PvP.

SMP probably use new pvp mechanics including cooldowns, when AoD stays at old ones. This may get confusing.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
This is my point:

SMP probably use new pvp mechanics including cooldowns, when AoD stays at old ones. This may get confusing.
There are a lot of pros and cons to 1.9 pvp, it's all being tested - obviously we'd need to decide what is best as AoD was previously 1.9/1.10 pvp which in turn caused Zombie to become the most disliked gamemode as 1.10 pvp was only liked on 1-2 maps out of the 15 or so Zombie maps we had, whereas 1.8 is liked in general.

• Informative
Reactions: Poe and Notme

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Although yes, LoP will be using 1.9 pvp mechanics, most AoD players do prefer using 1.8 pvp mechanics, so we'll just stick with how it is now.

• Love
Reactions: Notme

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Although yes, LoP will be using 1.9 pvp mechanics, most AoD players do prefer using 1.8 pvp mechanics, so we'll just stick with how it is now.
Well LoP news is that smp is going to use Heroes, so PvP mechanics will be completely different than in AoD.
Duels in SMP should be longer than in Zombie or FFA.
So it now doesn't matter much.