Fixed 1.13.2 Version Bridge Failure

Discussion in 'Decided Pile' started by TheArchiteck, Jan 12, 2019.

1. TheArchiteck

TheArchiteck Server Moderator

• Server Moderator
    • Donor
    • Create Staff
    Description of Bug:
    Any user which attempts to connect to Create while on Minecraft version 1.13.2 will be instantaneously disconnected.

Evidence:
    Screenshot of resulting disconnect screen.
    https://i.imgur.com/pVld4wO.png

Steps to Reproduce:
    Switch version to 1.13.2, and log onto EscapeRestart lobby. Note that lobby does not disconnect the user. Then, proceed to enter Create via the sign or the portal. Note the disconnect message.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SirComputer

SirComputer Rainmaker

For further reference, from the Bungee console:

Code:
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at us.myles.ViaVersion.protocols.protocol1_13to1_12_2.ChatRewriter.processTranslate(ChatRewriter.java:148) ~[?:?]
    at us.myles.ViaVersion.protocols.protocol1_13to1_12_2.ChatRewriter.processTranslate(ChatRewriter.java:124) ~[?:?]
    at us.myles.ViaVersion.protocols.protocol1_13to1_12_2.Protocol1_13To1_12_2$22$1.handle(Protocol1_13To1_12_2.java:712) ~[?:?]
    at us.myles.ViaVersion.api.remapper.PacketHandler.write(PacketHandler.java:18) ~[?:?]
    at us.myles.ViaVersion.api.remapper.PacketRemapper.remap(PacketRemapper.java:96) ~[?:?]
    at us.myles.ViaVersion.api.protocol.Protocol.transform(Protocol.java:149) ~[?:?]
    at us.myles.ViaVersion.api.PacketWrapper.apply(PacketWrapper.java:425) ~[?:?]
    at us.myles.ViaVersion.api.protocol.ProtocolPipeline.transform(ProtocolPipeline.java:82) ~[?:?]
    at us.myles.ViaVersion.bungee.handlers.BungeeEncodeHandler.encode(BungeeEncodeHandler.java:61) ~[?:?]
    at us.myles.ViaVersion.bungee.handlers.BungeeEncodeHandler.encode(BungeeEncodeHandler.java:18) ~[?:?]
    at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToMessageEncoder.write(MessageToMessageEncoder.java:89) ~[Waterfall.jar:git:Waterfall-Bootstrap:1.13-SNAPSHOT:ca93ae9:245]
    ... 44 more
    The relevant class on GitHub:
    https://github.com/MylesIsCool/ViaV...tocols/protocol1_13to1_12_2/ChatRewriter.java

The relevant line:
    Code:
    if (component.getHoverEvent() != null) {
    The main plugin I know with hover events would be VentureChat. That plugin does work on SMP though. Might be worth giving VentureChat an update for sure, and ProtocolLib might be a good one to update too. I don't know if that'll fix it, but it may be a nice starting point.

• Thank You Thank You x 1
  3. Swift_Siren

Swift_Siren Controller

• Controller
    • Donor
    • Create Staff
    Maybe you should just use the intended version of Minecraft (1.12.2).

Might fix your problem.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Catcocomics

Catcocomics Member

maybe we could just update the servers to 1.13.2
    or wait for 1.14 and pray that 1.15 doesn't release for another year and a half.
    And I guess SMP is going to keep us in 1.12 for its life so we don't break it all over again.

5. Hex

Hex :^)

• Community Admin
    • ASSHAT
    • Server Admin
    • Donor
    • Create Staff
    I'm working on a fix now, for the time being all I can say is avoid 1.13.2 and use a different version for joining.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hex

Hex :^)

• Community Admin
    • ASSHAT
    • Server Admin
    • Donor
    • Create Staff
    After lots of hair pulling, no console logs, and others. SirC was able to help me fix it. 1.13+ should be able to join without being kicked now!

• Like Like x 1