Timeline of Dichotomous Flowers - Game Complete

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Also Dess three questions

Earlier you said part of the reason you were talking differently was because you hadn't played in a while. What about you not having played for a while is making you talk differently?

You also said part of the reason was that you're trying to speak clearly so that it's not misunderstood or misconstrued - why are you concerned about that?

And finally, can you explain your read on vy some more? Is there anything more to it or is it just gut/vibes?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
You also said part of the reason was that you're trying to speak clearly so that it's not misunderstood or misconstrued - why are you concerned about that?
or to be more accurate, you said "I was trying to articulate my thought process in a way that was least likely to be misconstrued or misunderstood."

Sam_Winchester

Donor
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Infected_alien8_ I would think them as neutral or town because once people start voting on me, I tend to try and leave town remembering just who wanted me off in the previous hand (again a cards thing), and who else might be voting on someone else in the same manner.

I find it normal for Dess and Notty to be weirded out by the way I play, but Omni and Aqua (whom I at first leaned towards town) have started to pull up on Brian and I'm not really getting why since he's barely been on, tho I did suspect him to not be town. But that's my hunch, and I wanna hear theirs. Original thoughts IMO are the highest brownie points.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Infected_alien8_ I would think them as neutral or town because once people start voting on me, I tend to try and leave town remembering just who wanted me off in the previous hand (again a cards thing), and who else might be voting on someone else in the same manner.

I find it normal for Dess and Notty to be weirded out by the way I play, but Omni and Aqua (whom I at first leaned towards town) have started to pull up on Brian and I'm not really getting why since he's barely been on, tho I did suspect him to not be town. But that's my hunch, and I wanna hear theirs. Original thoughts IMO are the highest brownie points.
Why neutral/town specifically? Like, do you think you'd find them townie because it's something you relate to as town? If so, why might you also think they were neutral? What's your thought process there exactly?

And why do you "find it normal for Dess and Notty to be weirded out by the way I play"?

Sam_Winchester

Donor
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
About Dess and Notty: It's true I post a lot because I like getting my thoughts out before I forget them ( while either working or binge watching shows) and it's true that because of this my arguments are weak af. I look a lot more into game set ups than people till the very last few hours where it starts to heat up, like now. So I haven't contribuited much, and leaving my votes for later on is suspicious, but I've always done that no matter how risky it is, specially if my reads run cold with everyone as they had been.

As for the neautral/town thing, if I'm not used to the crowd, I take last words very seriously. Last time as I spectated from the heavens, a similar thing happened with Tehbrian who was townie, and I knew it then that he was speaking truth, of course he got lynched shortly after. Now, you might ask, "If you know for a fact that no one will believe you, why the hell do it?" Because at this point, people will keep holding against me, the fact that I wasn't able to provide any good theories to the table early on. So why not just let shit go down, hope for the best, and leave town with something to look back at no matter how insignificant it is? It's a terrible move, but it gets the game running. Town would still have hope anyways as long as they don't repeat their mistake, it is what it is.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
About Dess and Notty: It's true I post a lot because I like getting my thoughts out before I forget them ( while either working or binge watching shows) and it's true that because of this my arguments are weak af. I look a lot more into game set ups than people till the very last few hours where it starts to heat up, like now. So I haven't contribuited much, and leaving my votes for later on is suspicious, but I've always done that no matter how risky it is, specially if my reads run cold with everyone as they had been.
Why do you leave your votes for later on? I didn't really understand your explanation earlier

As for the neautral/town thing, if I'm not used to the crowd, I take last words very seriously. Last time as I spectated from the heavens, a similar thing happened with Tehbrian who was townie, and I knew it then that he was speaking truth, of course he got lynched shortly after. Now, you might ask, "If you know for a fact that no one will believe you, why the hell do it?" Because at this point, people will keep holding against me, the fact that I wasn't able to provide any good theories to the table early on. So why not just let shit go down, hope for the best, and leave town with something to look back at no matter how insignificant it is? It's a terrible move, but it gets the game running. Town would still have hope anyways as long as they don't repeat their mistake, it is what it is.
But like, you said you'd read someone else doing that as either neutral or town, but why?

Thanks for answering my questions btw

Sam_Winchester

Donor
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I'm getting sleepy so I'm securing a JIC vote, because I might sleep late, hopefully we get more posts afterwards about why Omni hasn't really provided a nice long read for TehBrian and yet he already has 4 votes. I'd go also with Aqua on this but he's at least made more comments. I'm not liking either atm, so...

Vote Omni

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I’m beginning to think that TWG is non town based off of the idea that starting the question answer format isn’t useful which the general consensus seemed to disagree with. This is something that to me any town member would be willing to answer, as would any mafia member, however if it is possible that mafia has information about any possible hidden features in the game, assuming that TWG is mafia he might have had that knowledge and instead opted to not answer the questions for fear of accidentally letting something slip. Non Town.
1) Are you town aligned?
2) What do you know about the roman numerals?
3) I haven't seen anyone comment much on the colors. What do you know about them?
4) Based on what you've seen so far, how funky do you think this setup is on a scale of one to ten?
5) How possible do you think it is that there are hidden elements to your or others' role?
(Cant move post between quotes so I have to write everything under)

I would abosluetely agree with you that answering a question format is deffo a mafia read, except when you look at the question format and realise it's actually a joke. I will go over the question for you

1) Meme question
2) Question about either knowledge, or someone has to out something about their role (also why would they need a question format to answer this?)
3) Someone has to out something about their role (also why would they need a question format to answer this?)
4) Why is this question relevant? Yes it's cool to look back on whenever, but it's not exactly useful. Plus the fact we haven't been given a proper scale, so we don't know what is most and what is least funky (ie is one the most funkiest or ten? These things needs to be specified)
5) What would one answer this? "I think there are a lot of hidden modifiers to my role". Hidden elements are generally only seen in bastard games, and is actually pretty rare in closed games. This doesn't mean that there's no hidden elements, it just means that if there are any hidden elements, they are few and specific, how would we know about this when we don't know about anyone else's role yet(except the maybe maybe)?

In summary, my reasoning for answering is actually pretty solid, seeing as 2 of the question were made for fun, and the 3 others require someone to say something about their role and doesn't need a question format to be answered.

Honestly, the only thing you scumread (and commentated) on from me were this question format thing. I think you were unsure what to put me as, so you actively searched for a scumtell and this was the best that you found. I'm actually pretty certain that you're mafia now because why would you have such a completele readlist 3 irl days in the game (I don't fault you for making a list, I actually like it. It's just that most of those reads will be wrong seeing how early it is).

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
TheWeakGuy48_ what are your thoughts on purple and brian?
Purple - originally had a scumtell, I don't know how exactly, maybe because of how direct they were? Upon re-reading and reading the interaction between you and purple I'm thinking that she could be acting normal and as a town.

Brian - initial scumtell as his posts felt a little off, and that thing you said where he said honestly twice - but I feel like it's too little to go after right now and I'd much rather pursue Dess.

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
—— Voting Recap ——
Deadline: 24 March 2019 UTC 22:00.

TehBrian - 3(Aqua, Infected_Alien8_, Omni) [L-6]
Purplepixies - 2(Nottykitten, Dess) [L-7]
Omni - 2(Unusual_Dood, Purplepixies) [L-7]
Aqua - 1(Notme) [L-8]
Dess - 1(TheWeakGuy48_) [L-8]

With 16 players, it takes 9 votes to lynch and 8 votes to no-lynch.

If no option reaches the required number of votes when a deadline hits, the day will end as a no-lynch.

Deadline in less than 15 hours!

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Purple - originally had a scumtell, I don't know how exactly, maybe because of how direct they were? Upon re-reading and reading the interaction between you and purple I'm thinking that she could be acting normal and as a town.

Brian - initial scumtell as his posts felt a little off, and that thing you said where he said honestly twice - but I feel like it's too little to go after right now and I'd much rather pursue Dess.
I also think purple is town now, and I'm considering switching to Dess as well. I just want brian to talk more since otherwise I'm just gonna leave my vote there probably

But yeah, here's my explanation that I had written out before I asked you that:

I think purple is town now, she has a townie tone, feels pretty pure, and I can buy that her theorizing post that I said had a drop of busy-work feeling to it was just her being bored, it makes sense with my impression of who she is. Plus when I was asking her what she'd think of someone if they were doing what she was doing with telling us to read her M&M's she seemed to kind of misunderstand what I was looking for in her answer and I think if she was consciously saying those things as a tactic to seem townie, she'd find it easier to understand where I was going with that and answer more directly (and possibly have some nervousness about her, which is what I was looking for when I asked her that, but I didn't sense any)

I don't like Dess's vote on purple, his read of 'you saying you'll leave votes until last minute makes me think you're just wanting to hammer' felt a bit fake to me, and considering he said he's notorious for being wrong in his reads and remembers he town read all the mafia last game, I don't fully buy that suddenly he feels the conviction and confidence in purple being scum enough to vote for her and abandon pressuring brian. It feels like an opportunistic vote after he saw notty put one down and realized a few of us were doubting purple.

Plus his tone still bothers me. It's like when he posts I can imagine him clearing his throat, standing up to a podium and speaking. It feels constructed. As opposed to my memory of him for when he's town, where his posts feel like he's just kinda standing casually and remarking his thoughts in a chilled way. I can understand why he'd have this new way of speaking as a townie who just wants to articulate properly and that makes sense to me as well, and I'm not confident on him at all, I'm just not sure I buy that that's the reason rather than it being because he feels he has to put extra work into being presentable because he has something evil to hide.

His read of vy also seems weird since I don't understand it, and his town read on me seems slightly fake too since he's listed some concerns but then town reads me anyway and says my vote on brian is 'strong' when I really don't think it is so I'm just not sure where he's coming from there so feels a bit fake. Also kinda agree with TWG about dess's read on him being weird, saying TWG didn't answer the questions in case he slipped up seems very unlikely, it's not difficult to not slip up if you're cautious of it.

Leaving my vote on brian for now, his post saying 'It's funny because I know I'm innocent so what did I say lol' or something didn't exactly inspire me to town read him and in the worst case scenario if he's town, his role will possibly be able to tell us something about the clock since it has something to do with the numerals that he's unsure about so it should be interesting to see. I'll switch my vote to someone else (most likely Dess) if he posts and seems more townie but for now I'm leaving it there

Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
saying TWG didn't answer the questions in case he slipped up seems very unlikely, it's not difficult to not slip up if you're cautious of it.
and to elaborate on why I think his TWG read is weird, I'd think dess would realize that ^ if he was genuinely thinking it through from a townie perspective as opposed to just trying to find a read to fake and just thinking it fully through since he's just finding a read, thinking it's probably good enough and putting it down rather than actually assessing TWG fully

• Agree
Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
going to work now so won't have time to respond for like 10 hours. If I haven't posted by 2pm EST pm me on discord reminded me.
Also Dess three questions

Earlier you said part of the reason you were talking differently was because you hadn't played in a while. What about you not having played for a while is making you talk differently?

And finally, can you explain your read on vy some more? Is there anything more to it or is it just gut/vibes?
To answer the second question though. This isn't something I'm willing to discuss with all of you freely because it pertain to things that have happened in personal life in the past, all non game related.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I like leaving a nice M&M trail for the town survivors to find later on when they will surely need it.
s t o p
I never vote till later on because of that right there ^, I like watching bandwagons form, and seeing WHY they form.
So you refuse to make original votes, instead waiting to jump onto already present voting "bandwagons". Then accuse those who made said original votes of bandwagoning whilst not contributing anything at all. How do you suppose a vote ever happens if anybody that votes first is "a bandwagoner"???
Omni and Aqua are one bandwagon and have been since the begining,
Case and point.
Also don't forget to look back at my M&M's after you guys make youre mistakes.
s t o p
Dess and Notty are another newly formed, so I'm reading less into this one since I am playing a terrible town risky move, surely they're just reading too much into me and are paranoid.
Like here is the piece de la resistance of scummyness. Don't try and convince people you aren't scummy just give vague terms surrounding "mUh M&M 4D cHeSs" and pass of ur voters as a newly formed bandwagon that's "paranoid". If you were town you'd just own ur mistake and press on, instead of trying to fabricate "big brain plays".
And when you question, "why the hell did you do that?! WHO EVEN PLAYS LIKE THIS?!" remember the provided M&Ms.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
once again if you assume original voters are scum trying to trick town into bandwagoning a lynch and the later voters are just innocent townies HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO EVER VOTE ANYONE?

So yea purple is definitely scum. I wanted to push on TB to try and get SOME info but I doubt he's gonna see the thread before lock and purple is a free maf kill at this point so I'd happily go with that if we could get the people.

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Ok I just reread that and it doesn't really make sense, but I just woke up so y'know.

Purple is doubling down on her mistakes and is trying to fabricate both a superior intellectual strategy and also play down her accusers for calling her out and/or voting for her. This is classic scum defence, you'd have no reason to act like a dumbass trying to think of excuses if you had nothing to hide.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm about to leave, and won't be back for about 12 hours (hopefully that's before lock, I think it is). My two biggest suspects are Dess (mostly because of infected's posts, if I'm honest) and Purple. Purple's been setting off my radar for a lot of the game, I think the point is started was her reads list. I don't have time to find exactly what about it, it just set it off hard. After her interaction with inf, I want to believe that she's coming from a town place, but I just can't. Maybe it's confirmation bias. I'm going to think it over through the day and maybe place a vote when I come back.