Some questions

TechnoViking

Reaction score
There are a few things that really confuse me and I'm wondering how these mechanics/rules work.

1. First something really weird that more people seem to be confused with
    Its hard to see on the screencap but the red underlined text in black says: repairing. What is this text for?

2. I've been trying to get certain enchants on my gear for some time now.

This always tells me its to expensive or it'll say nothing, take my levels, do nothing and then still say to expensive afterwards. Why does it work like this and is there anyway to get predefined enchants on my combat gear?

And if not, is it possible to get infinity on a bow without having to gamble for it? I have tried hundreds of times by now to get infinity in this dialogue.

3. Is it eventually possible to get two nether portals for a city or empire? My friend lives in an outpost in the PvP zone as he is the only one in our town that really loves PvP, the rest of us setup the town far away in the PvE zone where we have our nether portal. My friend would really like more convenient access to the nether and we'd be willing to spend whatever would be needed in resources or time on this. Currently the only option I know is to split up into two towns so that we could have another nether portal.

3.1 Is there any other way to get a second nether portal for a town?

3.2 While on the topic, why are nether portals restricted the way they are? I assume its to prevent people from using nether portals to spawn inside of someones base but am I correct with this assumption?

4. When using cannoneers in combination with acrobat disengage you'd be able to clear some extremely high walls in order to base raid, would this kind of cheese be allowed?

5. I understand that the end is not available yet but when reading the global chat I read something about an end portal in the PvP zone, has the end portal already been found and if so anyone know where it is?

6. 6.1 Are you able and/or allowed to use other towns their nether portals if you can get to them?

6.2 Is it allowed to raid another town by using that town's nether portal?

7. Rule 5.1 in the rules compendium states the following:
    The construction of item/XP-grinders is prohibited. Additionally, take note that spawners do not provide any Class XP. (Mobs must be able to hit you) (This includes autofishers)

The term item grinders is pretty vague to me and before I plan any type of farm I'd like to figure out if this farm would be allowed.
    Since this rules states that item grinders are not allowed while also mentioning spawner mechanics I feel like this rule is referring to auto killing and item collection setups around spawners.

7.1 Does this rule also refer to big farms for farm-able materials like wheat, sugarcane, pumpkins and melons for example?

7.2 Does this rule also refer to mob farms consisting out of darkrooms for item collection? (this one I'm pretty sure is yes but wanted to make sure anyway)

7.3 Any other tips I could keep in mind when planning out my farms? (For example I'm already assuming that repeating redstone clocks without an off-switch are not allowed since they would lag out the server)

8. Yesterday I tried out the traders a little to see if its possible to have a decent emerald per hour gain (EPH) from them, it seems quite nice but it only feels slightly faster then other activities for max EPH. Many other activities also offer the added benefit of granting other resources.
    I'm wondering what can be considered as exploiting since I've seen that trader prices have already been tweaked which I presume was because it was considered as an exploit.

8.1 Is it okay to try and buy certain products in one town so that I can then sell them for profit in another town?

8.2 Is it okay to setup for example a sugarcane farm and then sell the sugarcane to npc vendors?

8.3 At what point is the EPH to high? Yesterday before some stealth nerf the EPH seemed to be around 2K which I now consider to much if I'd encounter this rate again, at what point should I be wary of EPH and report this to the moderation team?

9. How does ontime work? Tried staying logged in all day today but it doesn't seem to count my time logged in correctly. I was afk a lot of the time so I got the feeling that ontime is affected by being afk but the hours don't really add up when factoring in afk time.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
I'm not sure.

And if not, is it possible to get infinity on a bow without having to gamble for it? I have tried hundreds of times by now to get infinity in this dialogue.
Infinity through an enchanting table is not possible. However, recently an additional skill was added to both Acrobat and Hunter to where you get an arrow everytime you hit an arrow, which should help a lot arrow wise.

Is there any other way to get a second nether portal for a town?
I don't think so.

While on the topic, why are nether portals restricted the way they are? I assume its to prevent people from using nether portals to spawn inside of someones base but am I correct with this assumption?
Players can still enter other people's nether portals. If players can make their own nether portals this can cause issue, mostly in spacing. In previous smp's multiple portals could be close enough that they would 'link', so that going in one portal would send you to someone else's.

When using cannoneers in combination with acrobat disengage you'd be able to clear some extremely high walls in order to base raid, would this kind of cheese be allowed?
I could be wrong here, but I think this should be allowed, altough it is an unintended feature. If someone is able to pull this off that'd be kinda neat in my opinion.

I understand that the end is not available yet but when reading the global chat I read something about an end portal in the PvP zone, has the end portal already been found and if so anyone know where it is?
The end is not available yet. You might see a message about someone levitating 50 blocks due to a shulker attack, but this is from the air wizard tower, which uses a levitation effect to levitate players up into the tower.

Are you able and/or allowed to use other towns their nether portals if you can get to them?

Is it allowed to raid another town by using that town's nether portal?
Yes.

Does this rule also refer to big farms for farm-able materials like wheat, sugarcane, pumpkins and melons for example?
Yes any sort of automatic afk farm is not allowed.

Does this rule also refer to mob farms consisting out of darkrooms for item collection? (this one I'm pretty sure is yes but wanted to make sure anyway)
As long as mobs can hit you when you hit them it is allowed.

Is it okay to try and buy certain products in one town so that I can then sell them for profit in another town?
This could be considered an exploit yes. We strive to remove any ways to make emeralds out of nothing. Overall the economy is being worked on.

Is it okay to setup for example a sugarcane farm and then sell the sugarcane to npc vendors?
Yes.

At what point is the EPH to high? Yesterday before some stealth nerf the EPH seemed to be around 2K which I now consider to much if I'd encounter this rate again, at what point should I be wary of EPH and report this to the moderation team?
I'm not sure about this, but id say if you are doing something that can make you a consistent amount of 500-1000 emeralds every hour something is likely happening that was not intended. (I am aware there have been several ways to get a lot of emeralds fast and that getting emeralds has not been very difficult overal.

How does ontime work? Tried staying logged in all day today but it doesn't seem to count my time logged in correctly. I was afk a lot of the time so I got the feeling that ontime is affected by being afk but the hours don't really add up when factoring in afk time.
Time spent afk does not contribute to your ontime. For the rest it should work properly.

TechnoViking

Reaction score
It's possible to get infinity on a bow through an enchantment table, unless its disabled on this server I was wondering if anyone knew whether it shows up in the shown enchanting results. I saw that arrows get refunded on hitting mobs now, that's pretty cool :D

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
Repairing might be from skillapi. certain items (like axes) will auto repair to full instead of breaking, because they're weapons.

Infinity should be removed, and our enchanting plugin should be working now. If you're playing a ranger class, jolt was working on adding some skills that don't use or return arrows to make your life easier.

As for extra nether portals, that's something I'll bring up to the team. Maybe we can just let you pay for extras.

TechnoViking

Reaction score
That's a shame, I've spend a lot of hours trying to enchant my bow with infinity which is no problem just wish I knew this before I started trying, is there any place I can read up about the custom enchanting this server offers?

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
It's not so much custom as we just removed all the combat based enchants to support classes. Most of them are either complete garbage with class hp, and a few are very overpowered, so we removed them to let players focus on the loot with skillapi stats on it.