Bug Report Random Snow Melt Events

TheArchiteck

Spook!
Donor
Reaction score
Website
blackcon.wikidot.com
Preamble:
This issue has already been spoken about to some degree on discord and such, but even with Buildbox 3.0 on the way, it is imperative that this be formally looked into. All builds currently on Create are at risk, and since the vast majority of Create’s worlds will be ported onto Bb3.0, any builds that receive damage currently will retain their damage through to Bb3.0.

Description of Bug:

WorldGuard fails at random to protect against the snow block’s vanilla tendency to melt when near a light source block. This is detrimental for some people’s builds, exclusively those involving snow blocks near light source blocks.

Evidence:
This is a screenshot of snow melt randomly encountered underground in the DuoLev transit system. Note the missing snow blocks, and the resultant snowballs formed.
https://i.imgur.com/QFgEjJF.png

Steps to Reproduce:
Unfortunately there are no known steps to reproduce snow melt events as of yet. To the extent of my knowledge, they occur at completely haphazard intervals. My only advice is to come on frequently and spend time near snow blocks that are exposed to light source blocks; that will increase your chances of encountering the event.