The Bastard Game: Day 5

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I invited you and oog because I thought you were mafia and thought oog was town, so I wanted to get you both to think it was a genuine lie detector (just like dess/jivvi did) and get you to claim. If you were mafia, you couldn't kill both oog and I so one of us would be able to reveal it the next day.
Ok so I guess it made sense that you would invite both Oog and Notty if you wanted to get both of us in your inn.

I am the Town Innkeeper.

My ability is that I can setup an Inn chat during the day with up to three players of my choosing, as well as a name of my choosing. Last night I invited <my name>, Ooglie and Notty to an Inn called [Night 1] The Lie Detector - Role/Allignment Related Lies Will Be Sent To The Town Interrogator.
Wow what a strange occurrence. You invited not only Oog and Notty but also your flavour name. So you saying you put your flavour name in the inn proves you thought the name mechanic would work and thats how you could get into the inn, but if this is true then you would know adding Oog and Notty would not add the real Oog and Notty so ?????

• Informative
Reactions: Fog

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Ok so I guess it made sense that you would invite both Oog and Notty if you wanted to get both of us in your inn.

Wow what a strange occurrence. You invited not only Oog and Notty but also your flavour name. So you saying you put your flavour name in the inn proves you thought the name mechanic would work and thats how you could get into the inn, but if this is true then you would know adding Oog and Notty would not add the real Oog and Notty so ?????
Well I'll admit this was a brain fart on my part but I can kinda explain this

Ender told me that I couldn't invite myself to the inn, so since I was Ltin, I asked if that meant I couldn't invite Ltin or if inviting Ltin meant I'd be invited, and he wouldn't respond (I believe I said this earlier, like way at the beginnng of the game, that I asked Ender about it and he wouldn't respond - this is what I was referring to)

So my thought process was "Okay I'll try to get notty, oog and myself in the inn but idk if I can invite myself via my own name so I'll try using Ltin"

This was during the day also, so it wasn't confirmed that actions towards people went to the person with their name instead, so I wasn't thinking about the generalization of the name-mechanic, I was just thinking "maybe I can invite myself by using ltin and get myself in with notty/oog", which doesn't make much sense but that was my thought process at the time, I think

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Well I'll admit this was a brain fart on my part but I can kinda explain this

Ender told me that I couldn't invite myself to the inn, so since I was Ltin, I asked if that meant I couldn't invite Ltin or if inviting Ltin meant I'd be invited, and he wouldn't respond (I believe I said this earlier, like way at the beginnng of the game, that I asked Ender about it and he wouldn't respond - this is what I was referring to)

So my thought process was "Okay I'll try to get notty, oog and myself in the inn but idk if I can invite myself via my own name so I'll try using Ltin"

This was during the day also, so it wasn't confirmed that actions towards people went to the person with their name instead, so I wasn't thinking about the generalization of the name-mechanic, I was just thinking "maybe I can invite myself by using ltin and get myself in with notty/oog", which doesn't make much sense but that was my thought process at the time, I think
I find it strange that you're saying you can't invite yourself to the inn, because Weak's role didn't have anything special or anything

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I find it strange that you're saying you can't invite yourself to the inn, because Weak's role didn't have anything special or anything
No, he meant me as in me

And I've kinda been trying to keep this secret for him but I can see this spiralling into a circle of unbelievably but, I wasn't actually supposed to have been in my inn last night

I was in my inn but the name I gave didn't fit, so the day after I asked Ender if I could change it and he was like "wait wth you're not supposed to be in there you little bugger, stop making me make mistakes when im drunk" and said that for now he'd allow it but I wasn't actually meant to be there

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
As I write this now (I’ve probably written this a while before I actually post it but just kept updating it when I got new information), I have three potential plans for the future.

1. Get Notty to claim their name, invite them to an inn with Danni with an inn title that explains as much as I can in the words I have
Also in case you're doubting this, here. I did say in this post "with an inn title that explains as much as I can in the words I have". I said this because the inn title is all I have because from now on I won't be able to be in the inn myself.

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Oh, if you want clarification Infected_alien8_ ; I haven't had a lot of time to type out posts so I've just been using ratings because they are easy to indicate what position you are on. Personally, I say keep them because I don't see any harm in having them unless the dead are using it.

Anyways, this game is quite confusing so when you say that it's suspicious that people are using that they are finding it confusing as an excuse is weird in my opinion. I disagreed because if they are confused, especially with this game; where it's difficult to even read people, then I'm not surprised that they can't give their opinion on people and what they think. But obviously, there's a point where you are finding it confusing and then downright using it as an excuse. I think the next day, most people will get into the swing of things and better evaluate and say who they find scummy.

Rune

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I'll have to type out what I think later on but I need to re-read everything and make a proper reply so I can't do it right now.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Oh, if you want clarification Infected_alien8_ ; I haven't had a lot of time to type out posts so I've just been using ratings because they are easy to indicate what position you are on. Personally, I say keep them because I don't see any harm in having them unless the dead are using it.

Anyways, this game is quite confusing so when you say that it's suspicious that people are using that they are finding it confusing as an excuse is weird in my opinion. I disagreed because if they are confused, especially with this game; where it's difficult to even read people, then I'm not surprised that they can't give their opinion on people and what they think. But obviously, there's a point where you are finding it confusing and then downright using it as an excuse. I think the next day, most people will get into the swing of things and better evaluate and say who they find scummy.
I feel like you haven't caught up yet and just saw a screenshot with your name on it and assumed I was making a point about it, but I wasn't

Noone wanted to remove ratings btw, Jivvi removed some of his ratings that he made earlier so Danni was asking if that was okay, and Ender said it was

I said it was suspicious people were using the excuse of finding it confusing as a way to put suspicion on Oak, and then on Vat, to see if Jivvi would signal me to suggest any of them were Mafia (which he did - on Oak, but not on vat).

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
The screenshot with your name on it was to prove Jivvi rated that post before you rated it, because fog said he thought me and Jivvi had made all this up and got jivvi to go back and rate posts to make it look like he'd been doing it all game, but since he'd rated it before you, it would show it wasn't recently done, and that's why I tagged you.

Rune

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I feel like you haven't caught up yet and just saw a screenshot with your name on it and assumed I was making a point about it, but I wasn't

Noone wanted to remove ratings btw, Jivvi removed some of his ratings that he made earlier so Danni was asking if that was okay, and Ender said it was

I said it was suspicious people were using the excuse of finding it confusing as a way to put suspicion on Oak, and then on Vat, to see if Jivvi would signal me to suggest any of them were Mafia (which he did - on Oak, but not on vat).
Oh, ok cool. I haven't had proper time to get caught up apart from your mention which I had a brief look at. I thought I might as well clarify in case something happened later on.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Fog can you confirm once you've redacted your choice of Notty/Jivvi since there's no way you'd be allowed access to Mafia chat since that would be incredibly broken, you could just join and get the entire mafia team on one night, if you claimed your name and doc protected you, or if you lied to them in the mafia chat and said you were a new member so they'd have no reason to kill you. It'd make no sense for that to be a real thing in the game and your ability is probably better used on someone else (and I say 'probably' because I don't know Jivvi's role but I strongly advise you cancel being on jivvi).

In a nice world, notty would claim her name, you'd go on notty, danni would go on notty, doc would go on notty, so in the event that the doc is blocked or something and notty is attacked, we have two people who can take her place, in case there's a second blocker or something that stops fog/danni. I'm not considering the possibility of a strongman because like I said earlier:

He was Mafia planning on killing you tonight though, which he can do without your name, and kept signalling me to not ask you to out your name because a doctor would be able to protect you (which suggests there isn't a strongman mafia role).

• Haha
Reactions: Nottykitten

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
My ability is that I can setup an Inn chat during the day with up to three players of my choosing, as well as a name of my choosing.
Ender told me that I couldn't invite myself to the inn
How is your role useful at all inffy? Since you cant add yourself to the chat, it only worked out well since you happend to come up with this plan that baited jivvi (assuming your post was correct). I doubt any other players (maybe a few) would have been able to pull something like this off.

You make a chat, with name of your chosing, and get to add 3 players, but not yourself, to a night chat. How would this normally benefit town in any way? I mean, what happend now (again assuming you are legit) it was gg, but i dont see something like this happening everytime.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
No it's not about you dying, I'm just wondering whether I could add you, hk and danni into an inn, get hk to claim to you if he trusts you, since he might have info that might help us later in the game, and I trust you and danni.
what is this gonna do? i mean, we will be able to share info freely among the three of us, given that we must all trust each other 100%.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
How is your role useful at all inffy? Since you cant add yourself to the chat, it only worked out well since you happend to come up with this plan that baited jivvi (assuming your post was correct). I doubt any other players (maybe a few) would have been able to pull something like this off.

You make a chat, with name of your chosing, and get to add 3 players, but not yourself, to a night chat. How would this normally benefit town in any way? I mean, what happend now (again assuming you are legit) it was gg, but i dont see something like this happening everytime.
I guess it wasn't meant to be that useful, just able to give people a nightchat to share information safely or something. I guess it's like oog's role but more flexible in that I can decide who goes into it every night and I can make up what I want it to be about.

The idea I had was that if I wasn't able to invite myself to the chat, maybe someone would think this lie detector was legit and out as scum to someone, and that other person might happen to live to be able to tell the story.

Another idea I had was to call it something like, "Cultist Inn - each of you now have a second win condition to keep each other alive" or something, so that maybe the people there would reveal their roles and everything, then I'd tell them it was fake in the day and see if anyone explained what happened.

My very first idea was to call the inn "Third Party Inn" and see if anyone came out like "ok well I guess there's no secret we're all third party!" and then the other 2 be like "um we're not ???" and then out it in the day or something.

what is this gonna do? i mean, we will be able to share info freely among the three of us, given that we must all trust each other 100%.
Yes, that's exactly what it would do. If you're an investigative role it'd give you the chance to tell your findings to a small group of people who you trusted. But it'd only be worth it if you had much to offer.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
It'd also be useful if we ever wanted to have a PR role withhold information during the day and only give it out at night to a trusted town, maybe someone verified by the cop. For example, late-game, if our doctor didn't want to tell us who he protected last night since it'd give the Mafia the name of who to avoid killing so that they didn't waste a kill, I could invite the doctor + a townie to an inn, where the doctor would tell the townie who he's protecting, so that if the doctor dies that night and the serial killer's kill is blocked, we can know who was probably targeted by the serial killer and say they're probably not serial killer (unless they nk'd or whatever).