Accepted [FFA/TDM] Thunder Hill

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Map Name: Thunder Hill
Map Authors: Catcocomics
Game Type: FFA/TDM
Map Worldborder: Self-contained (barrier wall, though sky is exposed to people with fly hacks)
Download: /warp ThunderHill
Game Time: Night (may be changed to dynamic if too dark)

Minimum amount of players: 2
Notes:
*Set weather to permanent thunder, set biome to desert if rain is an issue.
*I tried to set up the kits to be kind of like rock-paper skizzors:
Knight > Rubber - (Rubber has very light armor vs the knight's medium armor)
Rubber > Thunder - (Thunder's main weapon (the Thunder Bow) is significantly less potent vs Rubber)
Thunder > Knight - (Knight's iron armor doesn't protect against Thunder's shock arrows very well)
However, I have no doubt that each kit can kill any other.

*Should Thunder Bow be power 1 or power 2? Needs to be fairly good to counter Knight's 15 armor.

Game Type: Both (minimum 6 players for tdm please)
Preparation time: 20 seconds
Round Time: 5-7 minutes
Spawn Locations: Bedrock pads
Kits:
*[BCOLOR=#333333]Thunder Kid[/BCOLOR] - permanent glowing | carries a single 1-minute lingering weakness, though duration may get nerfed.
*[BCOLOR=#ffff99]Rubberman[/BCOLOR] - no effects | carries 2 regular swiftness potions, may only have 1 if round is less than 7 minutes.
*[BCOLOR=#999999]Knight[/BCOLOR] - permanent slowness | carries 2 healing potions and a lesser golden apple.
All kits have a sword, the weakest (in terms of raw damage) being Thunder Blade.

[kit inventories are in the shulker boxes accompanying the warp point]
(TDM) Teams: [BCOLOR=#ffff99]Clouds[/BCOLOR] (black clay spawns) [BCOLOR=#333333]Lightning[/BCOLOR] (gold spawns)

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Hi catco,
Can you update your thread with screenshots? I have looked at the map and I'll reply with my thoughts soon

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
HKCaper could you reply at some point please

I actually like the map myself, I'm quite a fan of more terrain style FFA/TDM maps. The only issue I think with the map at the moment is that there is tall grass around - I'd rather this was removed as hitting grass while trying to hit players can be quite annoying.

The problem is, is whether AoD is even active enough to add the map. Will anyone play it? I'll see what HK says, but I may put the map on hold until (and if) AoD revives itself again to make the map even worth adding

So er +1 for the map

• Thank You
Reactions: HKCaper

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Thanks catco for submitting the map (also thanks comp for pinging, since i kept forgetting)

I'll start of by saying I really like the rock-paper-scissor style kits, and I do not see anything too crazy going on there. They are nice kits, and it's a nice idea. The map is quite simple, but Comp seems to like it, and I don't see any reason to go against that. Comp makes a fair point though, the question is, if it is worth adding the map, if it will end up not/barely being played.

+1, as I said the kits are nice, the map is okay. It's gonna be up to comp though if he puts it on hold, since he will be the one who has to implement it.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
The only issue I think with the map at the moment is that there is tall grass around - I'd rather this was removed as hitting grass while trying to hit players can be quite annoying.
easy fix, I'll take care of it next time I'm on create (you want all of it gone, or just the double tall?).
personally, I wish there was a built-in game rule that would make tall grass not obstruct combat, but you know, mojang's issue.

As far as AoD coming back to life goes, well, we might get something of a revival when smp hits.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Ok apologies for not getting to this.

Although we've only had enough players to play the map a few times since it was posted, I'll accept it anyway because I think its a decent map. The thunder doesn't seem to be working, but its enabled anyway. Let me know if theres anything wrong with the map

-Accepted